Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 04-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Banned

Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlookin View Post
Voting in Afghanistan today. LET FREEDOM RING!!

Everybody on the planet needs a vote, a hoard of guns, and big stash of ammo. It makes society safer.

LOL
Old 04-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Statistically speaking I can imagine the death toll would be a lot lower than it currently is in a society guided by conservative religious right wing adherents to their precious views that every walking breathing nut job has a god given right to all the guns, ammo, and high capacity mags he or she can accumulate and all the mind-numbing drugs that he or she can take to tear down any possible tweak of conscience or sense of self-preservation that would make them pause and consider the consequences of their actions.

But that's just me. You could always stun me with a demonstration that your and your colleague's views on Muslim society actually have a statistical basis somewhere by pulling out some real numbers instead of applying individual news stories to the entire culture. The numbers are showing that even full out civil war doesn't match up to the level of random violence that a typical American city does.

What the numbers do show is that yes Muslim countries have nutjobs roaming their streets too. Their nutjobs roam in fewer numbers relative to our nutjobs resulting in an overall safer and less violent society.

Your turn. Either get some numbers or post some more stories but either way posting news stories and not numbers just further demonstrates my point. Go.
How would it be lower to combine the Islamic religious nut jobs and their car bombs with the nut jobs already here with their guns? Please explain.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:40 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
that is a good point, but i think that may reflect the state of Christianity less than their state, that being "of the oppressed." Difficult (or impossible) to see from our pov, this is...but i think it is fair to say that one of the tenets at the heart of every Muslim is 'no loans with usury attached.' The foundation of our whole economy is usury; Rothschild ("Federal Reserve") dollars printed from thin air, and loaned to our government at interest.

The connection, since that is prolly non-sequitur to most, is that any Muslim, moderate or radical, must look upon our present economic system as the great satan, whereas we have just dismissed that verse in Scripture that agrees with this principle. And whereas most, if not virtually all, moderate Muslims might overlook this sin, if it were amidst a mostly benevolent world rule, i think it speaks volumes that moderate Muslims would be driven to cheer for any violence done to anyone--they are, after all, just people, and despite the rhetoric that we are ruthlessly subject to about them, are also offended by violence for the most part.

Another word might be said about Muslims, versus Islam, i think; the first are the people--different than us, but really just the same as us. The second is the established religion, which by definition must have djinn (satan) attacking it from every angle, just like ours; and so any comments made about the religion inevitably end up being read by the people, and so even when true end up being moot, and prolly offensive--any statements to the effect of "Muslims are (all) _____________" end up being as misdirected as those to us Christians.

Who here is very comfortable with many or mosrt of the tenets of the RCC? And yet Sister Alvear is an example to all. Please consider that the religion is immune to our attacks (nevermind that "What you resist persists"), and that we are called to discover where we agree (shades of Muslims living happily next to Jews, in Jaffa and throughout the mid-east, until '48, hmm), and overlook where we differ.
When American Muslims open "Bank of Allah" and give loans without interest, I'm signing up...BTW how do those banks pay employees?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:42 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlookin View Post
Voting in Afghanistan today. LET FREEDOM RING!!

I wonder if they make those out of Denim...

Old 04-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
When American Muslims open "Bank of Allah" and give loans without interest, I'm signing up...BTW how do those banks pay employees?
WII might answer that better; i am not sure. i only know that you can leave a dollar in a public place and have a high likelyhood of it being there when you return, if that place is run under sharia law. i don't think they are banks; more like micro-lending, perhaps.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Everybody on the planet needs a vote, a hoard of guns, and big stash of ammo. It makes society safer.

LOL
Old 04-11-2014, 04:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
How would it be lower to combine the Islamic religious nut jobs and their car bombs with the nut jobs already here with their guns? Please explain.
http://www.unodc.org/documents/gsh/p...E_BOOK_web.pdf

Just in

The most unsafe region to live on the entire planet is the Americas which is where the fewest Muslims live.

The most unsafe country to live on the entire planet is Honduras which is (naturally and of course) an area where the highest percentage of Christians (>90% per capita) live.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_by_country

Where christians and christianity go instability and violence follow. You wallow in your own cesspools of instability and violence, travel across the world, create it somewhere else, then blame the people who live there for it as if it was there before you showed up. It is that way now and has always been that way.

The murder rate in Afghanistan is 7. American cities would glow with pride to achieve this. If American cities were governed by Islamic principles they could.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...by_murder_rate

There are zero cities in Muslim countries who make the top 50 in terms of murder rate. Except for Mosul, Iraq where of course you entered, destabilized, and left. All of them, every single one, are in the blue areas on the global map of Christianity and the worst of them are in the darker blue regions.

Can you explain this? Because "Islam is a violent religion". "Muslims are violent". "Look, according to the news Muslims are violent people". Bull-droppings. Show me some numbers. Not a single one of you can back up your statements about Muslims and Islam.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-11-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Banned

Noticed this country in Africa called Lesotho. Highest murder rate in the region - 38/100K. I did not even have to check to know for certain:

Christianity is the dominant religion in Lesotho. The Christian Council of Lesotho, made up of representatives of all major Christian churches in the country, estimates that approximately 90 percent of the population are Christian.

Countries that are populated by christian people are the most violent places on the planet. Algeria, Egypt, Morocco - murder rates under 5. Less than the US actually and it is not because they are "westernized". Travel south to Lesotho, Africa - jumps by a factor of 5 and why? Because from >90% Muslim to >90% christian random violence increases in multiples.

Keep posting your news stories. They only reason they get spoon fed to you people is because your unquenchable thirst for violence ensures that the companies who pay to stick them in front of you get a wide, profitable audience. You people get absolutely excited about stories and pictures and tales of violence and discuss them, post them, swim in them, wallow in them, every chance you get. If you can bash someone else's beliefs while you do it it's all the better. That's the christian way. Wallow in as much blood from as many places as you can.

"peace on earth and goodwill" in the context of christianity and christian people is bunk. It's exactly the opposite. The stats show it, the maps show it, and the numbers show it.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-11-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Still posting lies, junk, and filth on this forum ?
I'm surprised they still let you in here!
Old 04-13-2014, 04:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
Still posting lies, junk, and filth on this forum ?
I'm surprised they still let you in here!
Don't scramble the drones sport.

I posted the current world map of Christianity by population, the UNODC crime report, a cut and paste from the Department of State on Lesotho, and the current list of top 50 world cities by murder rate.

Which one of these are you saying was a lie Herr Dordrecht?

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-13-2014 at 04:54 AM.