Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

It's really sad to me that this is even a question. There is no scripture against interracial marriage. In fact, God was not too happy with Miriam and Aaron when they spoke against Moses' interracial marriage.

1And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

2And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.

3(Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)

4And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.

5And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.

6And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

7My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

8With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

9And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.

10And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
The Bible doesn't say interracial marriage is a sin, but if people of different races decide to get married they may face some things ,and experience some alienation.I'm in the deep south ,so things might not be the easiest for couples of mixed race.
I live in the deep south too...southern California and inter-racial marriages are very common.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Go Dodgers!

I think it's insane to deny what love you have for another person based on what others think personally.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Acts 17:26 is used by some to show that all humanity is of one blood. We all have colored blood in us. It is colored red.

Some versions say "one blood" while others say "one man."

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 08-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
It is not a sin however one must be certain to know the cultural differences and pressures that can be placed on the marriage because of it. In certain areas of the country to hostility would be so servere the marriage might not survive. Then how do the parents and families of the folks getting married feel? But scripturally it is not forbidden.

Would you marry an interracial couple if they desired to proceed?

for the record I'm refring to black/white couple. Most they say they wouldn't marry black/white couples would mrry white/latino and son...
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
And is that right brother?

I am not blaming you because I know your heart and spirit is too gentle for it, but some times you just have top do what you feel is right.

I think it is kind of like Rosa Parks when she said I ain't gonna go ride in the back of the bus.

If people are in love and want to get married, maybe it is the prejudiced people who need to change and not the other way around.

JMHO
Good point

Some would not marry an interracial couple because of what society thinks and the couple not being accepted but society doesn't accept dresses on women, clean shaved law, no make up, no jewelry and so on.....and we don't let that stop us from living the way we do.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I live in the deep south too...southern California and inter-racial marriages are very common.
LOL your funny, Cali don't count, it's neither south or north.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Me-Nearly 50 years ago

My daughter is so white that she looks like the underside of a catfish and my son-in-law is a dark Native American Indian. (Choctaw) They never get any negative input but would not care if they did. Their 6 yr old daughter has the best of both gene pools. They are readily accepted by our congregation.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Christmas 2009

I can't even count how many inter-racial couples we have in our church (Caucasian/Black). We have one new couple that is Hispanic/Black. We love them all and they are welcome to do whatever they want in our congregation, as long as they meet membership and ministry requirements. I do think that we're one of the few churches in this area though that readily accept them. Could be why they seem to flock to us!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Sister Alvear

I know some that think it is a sin for blacks and whites to marry...where I live and work for God there is no pure black or white race they are all mixed!

So........is it possible that Brazilians can be saved?

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear