Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

View Poll Results: Could an AOG saint theoretically be saved?
Yes, they've obeyed the Acts 2:38 message. 16 64.00%
No, they are trinitarian AOG! Duh! 6 24.00%
Maybe, I'm not exactly sure. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Steve Epley is my hero!

Question Could an AOG saint theoretically be saved?

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
  • I've heard that some AOG churches will allow a person to be baptized in Jesus name, if it's specifically requested. Not many, but a few.
  • It is also known that numerous AOG folks have received the Spirit-filling, whether they have an accurate understanding of God or not.

That being said, could an AOG saint who has been baptized in Jesus name and received the Holy Ghost, be saved if they are living a repentant life with similiar holiness standards as some of the "wishy-washy" things openly proclaimed on AFF?

I'm not suggesting that it's probable; I'm only asking if it's theoretically possible.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Did anyone find my keys

Can a cow stand on its hind legs?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
  • I've heard that some AOG churches will allow a person to be baptized in Jesus name, if it's specifically requested. Not many, but a few.
  • It is also known that numerous AOG folks have received the Spirit-filling, whether they have an accurate understanding of God or not.

That being said, could an AOG saint who has been baptized in Jesus name and received the Holy Ghost, be saved if they are living a repentant life with similiar holiness standards as some of the "wishy-washy" things openly proclaimed on AFF?

I'm not suggesting that it's probable; I'm only asking if it's theoretically possible.
Nah. They're all faking it.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:

Funny... I smell a rat!

Why would anyone doubt the salvation of other believers... ESPECIALLY if they have experienced it as have they themselves?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Can a cow stand on its hind legs?

"Theoretically possible". In this case it would be for breeding purposes.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

If they have received the Holy Ghost then the Spirit of truth will guide them into all truth.

If they don't get into the Word and study and find a Apostolic preacher...

They will bust hell wide!

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Old 06-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Saved & Shaved

If I had known the results were open to the public,I would not have voted.
And, I am very surprised by Daniel's answer!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
If they have received the Holy Ghost then the Spirit of truth will guide them into all truth.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Makes one's eternal fate kinda random, then. Not everyone "finds" an Apostolic preacher, you know. Oh, well.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Resident Insomniac

well it depends.....................
Old 06-15-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

So the fact that they have obeyed Acts 2:38 under a man who baptized them in Jesus Name and silently believes the Oneness doctrine, yet they are still lost.

God Forbid we ever convert that man to be in our ranks!

He is lost and has all that blood on HIS hands.

Your reasoning is on Pluto- it is that far off base.