Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

Girl stoned to death

I don't know what is worse...that they did this or that someone was so sick that they videoed it

A horrifying video showing a 17-year-old Kurdish girl being stoned to death for having a relationship with a Sunni Muslim boy has made its way onto the Web, drawing outrage and condemnation from international human rights groups.

The graphic video, posted on YouTube, shows Du’a Khalil Aswad, a member of a minority Kurdish religious group called Yezidi, being stoned and kicked in the streets of Bashika, a predominantly Kurdish town near the norther capital of Mosul.

The stoning happened last month but only came to light Thursday when the video was posted on YouTube.

The London Daily Mail reported that a local Iraqi security force witnessed the killing, but did nothing to stop it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270111,00.html
Old 05-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Go Dodgers!

This is the kind of stuff the anti-Christ will use to make his one world government and religion I believe...just like gun control freaks use murders to ban all guns
Old 05-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Laws in other countries may seem barbaric to us, but it cleanses the family of dishonor by having the dishonoring member stoned.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Blessed!

I heard about this today at work. I am surprised YouTube actually allowed this kind of video to be shown.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Blessed!

BTW...what happened to the boy?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Laws in other countries may seem barbaric to us, but it cleanses the family of dishonor by having the dishonoring member stoned.
No, this does not seem barbaric. It IS barbaric. You almost sound condoning.

In some cases a woman is raped and SHE is killed because it was her fault for being raped
Old 05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
BTW...what happened to the boy?
The article says he is in hiding
Old 05-04-2007, 11:59 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
I heard about this today at work. I am surprised YouTube actually allowed this kind of video to be shown.
they have removed it.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 05-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
No, this does not seem barbaric. It IS barbaric. You almost sound condoning.

In some cases a woman is raped and SHE is killed because it was her fault for being raped
That's because you don't understand how they see dishonor.

In many countries, a family with dishonor is ostracized from society. They are marked and shunned, and this is carried on for generations.

I'm not condoning it, but it's their way of life.

There was once an American and a British doc who were in a Muslim area who'd been there for years, administering medical care to the people there and were well versed in the culture of that area.

A young American doc came over to offer his services but didn't know anything about the culture.

A young girl was brought in with mortar wounds and it was discovered she was pregnant. The custom there was to stone the girl because she wasn't married and her pregnancy would bring dishonor.

The doctors discussed the situation and the decision was made among them that the girl would go to London for an abortion but her family would be told that she needed more medical care than they could give to her there.

As they waited for the helicopter, the young doctor struggled with his conscience, and he felt the family should know. So he told them.

The father was so outraged that he grabbed the girl off the bed and drug her away.

A couple weeks later, the young doctor saw one of the girl's brothers. He asked how the girl was doing. The brother informed her that she'd been killed so honor would be restored to the family.

The doctor was so traumatized by the information that he returned to the states.

Who was the one with barbaric behavior in that story?

While I believe they are extreme in many ways, they don't have the crime problems that we have here, I guarantee you. Aside from the militia terrorists (which is a big deal there), they don't have much crime at all, nor teens having babies and on welfare and such like.

Remember the American boy in Singapore who decided to vandalize a few cars and they caned him for it? Remember the public outcry of the Americans to spare that boy his torture?

I bet he hasn't vandalized anything ever again! In Singapore, it was once against the law to even chew gum (and might still be). But that country doesn't have a crime problem either.

Again, I'm not suggesting that we take these practices for ourselves, but I wonder what kind of country we'd have if things were a bit stricter here.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
That's because you don't understand how they see dishonor.

In many countries, a family with dishonor is ostracized from society. They are marked and shunned, and this is carried on for generations.

I'm not condoning it, but it's their way of life.

There was once an American and a British doc who were in a Muslim area who'd been there for years, administering medical care to the people there and were well versed in the culture of that area.

A young American doc came over to offer his services but didn't know anything about the culture.

A young girl was brought in with mortar wounds and it was discovered she was pregnant. The custom there was to stone the girl because she wasn't married and her pregnancy would bring dishonor.

The doctors discussed the situation and the decision was made among them that the girl would go to London for an abortion but her family would be told that she needed more medical care than they could give to her there.

As they waited for the helicopter, the young doctor struggled with his conscience, and he felt the family should know. So he told them.

The father was so outraged that he grabbed the girl off the bed and drug her away.

A couple weeks later, the young doctor saw one of the girl's brothers. He asked how the girl was doing. The brother informed her that she'd been killed so honor would be restored to the family.

The doctor was so traumatized by the information that he returned to the states.

Who was the one with barbaric behavior in that story?

While I believe they are extreme in many ways, they don't have the crime problems that we have here, I guarantee you. Aside from the militia terrorists (which is a big deal there), they don't have much crime at all, nor teens having babies and on welfare and such like.

Remember the American boy in Singapore who decided to vandalize a few cars and they caned him for it? Remember the public outcry of the Americans to spare that boy his torture?

I bet he hasn't vandalized anything ever again! In Singapore, it was once against the law to even chew gum (and might still be). But that country doesn't have a crime problem either.

Again, I'm not suggesting that we take these practices for ourselves, but I wonder what kind of country we'd have if things were a bit stricter here.
The point is it does not "cleanse the family of dishonor" No matter how the nieghbors see them - they are now guilty of murder.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves