Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
The last BOTT I attended MJ preached a fine message about Jesus. In fact I was beginning to regret attending the conference until that message. I knew God sent me there to specifically hear that Word from the Lord. I was dumbstruck that people were offended at the message. The sermon basically said that Jesus was what this is all about. That people "would see Jesus". That the only people who got in the way of people who wanted to see Jesus were the Pharisees. MJ preached if we want people to see Jesus we have to fight against a Pharisee spirit. I was in complete agreement. I was convicted to fight the Pharisee in me. I believe all people of faith have the potential to become religious, self-righteous, steeped in tradition, hypocritical Pharisees. I took the message personal and embraced its truth. Others evidently took it personal and were offended. It was the beginning of the crucifixion of MJ.

Funny thing. You would think the "Jesus Only" people, the "people of the Name", the people with the great revelation of who Jesus is would rejoice at such a message. But I guess the Pharisee part hit a little close to home for some and they didn't like the reflection in the looking glass of the Word. They decided to forget what manner of man they saw in that reflection.

And, as history bears out millions of times before, the messenger is targeted, despised, marginalized, defamed, deemed dangerous and toxic. Strange that preaching Jesus, the blood and the cross makes someone a pariah. Preach anything, but don't preach Jesus! There's no other choice. Preach for the praise of men or preach for the applause of heaven.

Burning at the stake, hanging, drowning, firing squad, excommunication, kicked out, pressured out, starved out, crucified, whatever---the end result is the same. The Machine will destroy you. Okay a little dramatic, but you get the picture. MJ will do fine. He's a good man and will keep preaching Jesus. A good church will continue to move forward.

For those of you that want to preach Jesus for those who would see Jesus, keep on keepin on. But be warned, hell takes notice of the Jesus Preachers. Be vigilant, be alert. But take heart: the gates of hell will not prevail.
Very well-said! I think that deserves a standing ovation...
Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI, Garner Next???

Can someone PLEASE post a picture or link to a picture (non-youtube) of Pastor (Evangelist) Mark Johnston?

Does anyone know if this guy has like a raspy quality to his voice? If so, I remember him from Jacksonville, NC-- many years ago.

Thank you!

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 01-27-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Well...I was actually alluding to MJ on one of my posts this morning. That being two prominent pastors in the state next to me (Deleware) had pulled out. I'm not into name dropping...but since the cat is out of the bag...Anthony Trout was on that list as well and his church is huge in Dover, and his dad is huge in the Delaware district.

I both know and have heard MJ preach, he is amazing and not only zealous for God but has a tremendous passion for people. I have not heard him for awhile now, but I would imagine him being the same way.

From what I see, they are loosing younger preachers like a cut jugular. The sad part is I don't believe it has to be this way.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

I am from Delaware and know both of these pastors (AT and MJ). I don't know if they have or have not dropped their UPCI licenses...nor do I care... But I DO KNOW they are both anointed men of God and as strong as ever in their work for the Kingdom.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

I can confirm that the men mentioned have dropped their license. Their names are in the Forward under the "No Longer Affiliated" section.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Johnston was/is a very powerful speaker. Trout is from Pentecostal Royalty. The Trout name is huge in the northeast.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Can someone PLEASE post a picture or link to a picture (non-youtube) of Pastor (Evangelist) Mark Johnston?

Does anyone know if this guy has like a raspy quality to his voice? If so, I remember him from Jacksonville, NC-- many years ago.

Thank you!
http://www.yourjourney.tv/#/who-we-are/pastors

dunno about how raspy his voice is lately, however.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post
Johnston was/is a very powerful speaker. Trout is from Pentecostal Royalty. The Trout name is huge in the northeast.
The UPCI definitely lost two jewels when they lost AT and MJ. Also, AT's wife sings like an angel...so make that three jewels.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

The latest Forward lists 63 newly licensed ministers.

Unfortunately, it also lists 16 ministers as deceased, and 79 ministers who have written to drop their license.

THIS LIST DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY MINISTERS WHO HAVE LET THEIR DUES LAPSE.

63 added.
95 dropped.

And this does not include those who leave quietly, by not paying their dues. Many men leave this way because they do not want their name published in the "No Longer Affiliated" section.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post
The UPCI definitely lost two jewels when they lost AT and MJ. Also, AT's wife sings like an angel...so make that three jewels.
I am saddened a bit. I worked with AT briefly, long ago. I really wish these guys would have stood their ground and fought back against the mean-spirited and unjust attacks they received. Someone needs to stand up to the bullies out on the Apostolic/Pentecostal playground.

... but then again, when push came to shove for me, I was silent as I got shoved around and quietly demurred to the boneheads. In the end, all that will be left of the U.P. of C. will be the boneheads. Unless, those boneheads go out and found another WWPF type thing.