Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

When You Got Saved in a Baptist Church ...

Yes .... there was a time a person could be saved in a Baptist church .... Pentecostal Herald, May 1946.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: When You Got Saved in a Baptist Church ...

Kewl. It still happens that way many times.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-07-2011, 09:23 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post

Yes .... there was a time a person could be saved in a Baptist church .... Pentecostal Herald, May 1946.
Amazing that so many have left the old landmarks, wouldn't you say?
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

I got saved at home on Monday night March 28, 1955 after attending a service in a Baptist Church.

A couple nights later I went back, stood up in a testimony service and told how I had invited Jesus Christ into my life two nights before. I had never testified in my life and really didn't know what the term meant. The leader of the service just asked if anyone had anything to say about how the services had been a blessing and I stood up and said it.

I later learned about the Holy Ghost Baptism and began to pray for that experience. I continued to attend my Baptist Church. In August I attended three services in an Apostolic Church when I was visiting in another part of the state. After both Sunday night services I prayed and pleaded with God for the Holy Ghost Baptism.

Two months later I attended another Apostolic church and went to the altar to plead with God for the Holy Ghost Baptism. Someone asked me if I wanted to be baptized in Jesus' name. I wasn't certain that I wanted to but thought I'd go ahead and do it since I probably would do it some time in the future.

A month or two later I started attending an Apostolic church nearer home and began to seek or tarry (that's what they called it back then) for the Holy Ghost Baptism. I received the Holy Ghost Baptism on May 20, 1956.

But, I was not any more saved after water baptism that I was before, and I was no more saved after the Holy Ghost Baptism than I was before.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Prayerful lives are powerful

How could he have been saved in a Baptist church? I didn't think that was possible...
Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Renewed

I started out in a Baptist church. During one service when I was about 12 years old the message hit me, God moved me to tears, I was drawn to the front after service to "repeat after me" for salvation, then was baptized in the titles. It was 2 more years before we changed to a pentecostal church. I never did have that feeling I felt that night again until our first service in the pentecostal church. As a teen I recieved the baptism of the Holy Ghost and was baptized in Jesus Name.

There was no doubt what I felt in that baptist church was the Spirit of God, but it never happened again while I was going there and after I left that night I knew I had felt something but the prayer and baptism just seemed empty or more ritual.

Later on in life our church was eating out and I ran into that baptist preacher. He ask how I was and where I was going to church, after I told him, he said he was glad I had moved on to truth. I asked him what he meant and he said; "I know what you have is the truth, but if I preach that in my church I will lose my congregation"

Sad.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 04-08-2011, 10:04 AM

UPCI preacher SS Grant felt "saved" at a Baptist Church.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
I started out in a Baptist church. During one service when I was about 12 years old the message hit me, God moved me to tears, I was drawn to the front after service to "repeat after me" for salvation, then was baptized in the titles. It was 2 more years before we changed to a pentecostal church. I never did have that feeling I felt that night again until our first service in the pentecostal church. As a teen I recieved the baptism of the Holy Ghost and was baptized in Jesus Name.

There was no doubt what I felt in that baptist church was the Spirit of God, but it never happened again while I was going there and after I left that night I knew I had felt something but the prayer and baptism just seemed empty or more ritual.

Later on in life our church was eating out and I ran into that baptist preacher. He ask how I was and where I was going to church, after I told him, he said he was glad I had moved on to truth. I asked him what he meant and he said; "I know what you have is the truth, but if I preach that in my church I will lose my congregation"

Sad.
wow
Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post

Sad.
Honestly, there are a ton of baptist preachers like this. They even preach oneness to a point (with out calling it oneness). But like your friend stated, they would lose their congregation, be voted out, etc. I do believe that God is working in every religious body to bring us all into the truth.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Honestly, there are a ton of baptist preachers like this. They even preach oneness to a point (with out calling it oneness). But like your friend stated, they would lose their congregation, be voted out, etc. I do believe that God is working in every religious body to bring us all into the truth.
I haven't met one yet ... that fits this bill ...

Haven't met any AG ministers like this either ...

I know the other pat answer as to why they won't do it is because of the money ...

Yet I know some Apostolic ministers who won't leave for the same reasons listed above ... lose the church, family, income, network, friendships, etc.