Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Saved & Shaved

Last night I had the strangest dream:

I was in our old apartment and I heard something crash. I went out to look and the safety rail that led up the stairs to me and mom's apartment had fallen off completely.
There were some ppl at the bottom of the steps. I walked down cautiously and said "I'm going to need your card..." A man gave me his business card. A lady spoke up "I told you they'll sue.."

???? I guess I had pets. I picked up a white bunny and another animal and took them inside to my bedroom. I put them in some sort of a makeshift "cage" for their safety. ????

Mom was leaving and I told her "they removed the safety rail.."

I followed her out the door to makesure she didn't fall. The safety rail was back in place as if it had never been removed, and the ppl that were at the bottom of the stairs were gone.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Saved & Shaved

Strong's Number 3341... lol... myspace... changed it.. theme is repentance
Old 05-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Saved & Shaved

Sower... seed.. my shallow interpretation

After giving the parable of the sower and the seed, Jesus ended it with this line:
Matt 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

What is it that He wanted us to understand about the parable? I paired the parable segments with the interpretation that Jesus gave to the disciples. I chose to use the passage from Matthew chapter 13.

Matt ch 13
v3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
v4And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

v19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Have you ever seen someone sitting on a park bench feeding the pigeons. People will throw seed into the air. It falls where it falls. The pigeons will fly in and devour the seed. Our Lord spoke of seed that fell on the way side and He used the fowls of the air to represent the "wicked one" that catches away what is sown in a persons heart. How many times have people come through our doors, get a touch of God, and you never see them again? Soon the "wicked one" will do something to take away what the person received into his or her heart.
------------------

v5Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
v6And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

v20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
v21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

The seed that fell on stony ground landed in a heart with no real depth. Our Lord said that he had no root in himself. Yet he received the word with joy. Have you had people come to God and are born again who will forsake their salvation as soon as their family starts mocking their faith?? He endured for a while. If he did not endure, I believe he walked away.

---------------

v7And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

v22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Do you have thorns in your heart? Have you allowed riches to come between you and the Lord? Does Jesus stand between you and your ambitions? Those that are concerned with riches and everything that Jesus told us NOT to worry about don't lose their faith, but they become unfruitful. There is a small fruit tree in my front yard. It doesn't produce fruit. Sometimes it even looks dead, but if you scrape away at the bark there is fresh green "tree flesh" underneath. If these kind of saints would put their priorities in perspective and sought Christ in the stead of treasures that are corruptible, the tree would begin to bear fruit.
--------------------------
v8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

v23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Some hearts are perfect for the planting. As soon as the seed is sewn it begins to grow into a healthy fruit bearing tree.
--------------

Wayside: The wicked one was only to blame for this one occassion.

Stony ground: A heart with no real depth and the help of others (persecution) caused this person to walk away.

Thorny ground:
The person whose focus on the cares of this world, his ambitions, and desire for riches become a handicap. With the proper tending, it is possible to become a tree flourishing with good fruit.

Good ground: Great results.
----

Just lost my thought pattern... opinions???

Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Saved & Shaved

stage 1

Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Saved & Shaved

stage 2

Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Saved & Shaved

stage 3

Old 05-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Incredible India

Berk..what is up with the pictures of the snake and the mouse?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
Berk..what is up with the pictures of the snake and the mouse?
that's a weekly occurrence in this computer room!!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Saved & Shaved

by far one of the LAMEST music videos I have ever seen...!!!

[YT="LAME-O"]Xqcseze5mb4[/YT]

...standin on your mama's porch you told me that you'd wait forever...
Old 05-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
After giving the parable of the sower and the seed, Jesus ended it with this line:
Matt 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

What is it that He wanted us to understand about the parable? I paired the parable segments with the interpretation that Jesus gave to the disciples. I chose to use the passage from Matthew chapter 13.

Matt ch 13
v3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
v4And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

v19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Have you ever seen someone sitting on a park bench feeding the pigeons. People will throw seed into the air. It falls where it falls. The pigeons will fly in and devour the seed. Our Lord spoke of seed that fell on the way side and He used the fowls of the air to represent the "wicked one" that catches away what is sown in a persons heart. How many times have people come through our doors, get a touch of God, and you never see them again? Soon the "wicked one" will do something to take away what the person received into his or her heart.
------------------

v5Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
v6And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

v20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
v21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

The seed that fell on stony ground landed in a heart with no real depth. Our Lord said that he had no root in himself. Yet he received the word with joy. Have you had people come to God and are born again who will forsake their salvation as soon as their family starts mocking their faith?? He endured for a while. If he did not endure, I believe he walked away.

---------------

v7And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

v22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Do you have thorns in your heart? Have you allowed riches to come between you and the Lord? Does Jesus stand between you and your ambitions? Those that are concerned with riches and everything that Jesus told us NOT to worry about don't lose their faith, but they become unfruitful. There is a small fruit tree in my front yard. It doesn't produce fruit. Sometimes it even looks dead, but if you scrape away at the bark there is fresh green "tree flesh" underneath. If these kind of saints would put their priorities in perspective and sought Christ in the stead of treasures that are corruptible, the tree would begin to bear fruit.
--------------------------
v8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

v23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Some hearts are perfect for the planting. As soon as the seed is sewn it begins to grow into a healthy fruit bearing tree.
--------------

Wayside: The wicked one was only to blame for this one occassion.

Stony ground: A heart with no real depth and the help of others (persecution) caused this person to walk away.

Thorny ground:
The person whose focus on the cares of this world, his ambitions, and desire for riches become a handicap. With the proper tending, it is possible to become a tree flourishing with good fruit.

Good ground: Great results.
----

Just lost my thought pattern... opinions???

Berk...

I read all of your commentary above.

I value your thoughts here. You are right on target in your thoughts and opinions as to what our Lord was trying to teach us in this parable of the Kingdom of God here.

Actually, with the train of thought that you have going here, you could greatly extrapolate them into a very good commentary on the subject, being entirely on target all the way.

Blessing upon you, m' brother.