Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-10-2018, 02:55 AM
Saved & Shaved

They call us holy rollers... 🎶🎵

Do people still roll on the floor in church?

Do they roll themselves around? Does the Holy Spirit roll them around?
An unholy spirit?

Do you roll on the floor? Why or why not?

If you have rolled on the floor please describe how it happened.
What did you feel?

Thank you.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

Re: They call us holy rollers... 🎶🎵

I have never rolled on the floor. I did see a friend do it once.

Historically, at least in California, Holy Rollers were a totally separate group from Pentecostals. People associated with Apostolic Faith Mission and other PCI type groups rejected the term as a slander.

The group that was Holy Rollers were religious emotional extremists who were not known for their morality.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

Feels kind of foolish to talk about, but in a red hot Apostolic service, I'd do it again!!!

I have seen 2 types of rolling. We have a 12 year old boy in our church that I have seen roll from side to side under the strain and struggle of travail. Other than that, I view it as any other expression of demonstrative worship such as "shouting", running the aisles, doing cartwheels across the platform, etc.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:07 AM
Registered Member

Any form of demonstrative worship that I have every been a participant in, I have been a willing participant. The Holy Ghost has never "taken possession" of my body and used it to do acrobatic feats. If I felt like running I ran, if I felt like jumping I jumped, if I felt like shaking I shook.....and a time or two I felt like rolling, so I rolled!
Old 07-10-2018, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Any form of demonstrative worship that I have every been a participant in, I have been a willing participant. The Holy Ghost has never "taken possession" of my body and used it to do acrobatic feats. If I felt like running I ran, if I felt like jumping I jumped, if I felt like shaking I shook.....and a time or two I felt like rolling, so I rolled!
Old 07-10-2018, 06:19 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Old 07-10-2018, 06:25 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Ladies don't roll, if they ever hit the floor we cover them with a blanket and pray with them till they open their eyes
Old 07-10-2018, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Re: They call us holy rollers... ����

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Ladies don't roll, if they ever hit the floor we cover them with a blanket and pray with them till they open their eyes
Come to think of it....I don't think I've ever seen a lady roll! I could probably count on one hand the times I have witnessed anyone rolling on the floor.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Come to think of it....I don't think I've ever seen a lady roll! I could probably count on one hand the times I have witnessed anyone rolling on the floor.
I saw it in the Church of God and a few times in UPC. The really only person I ever saw do it was an Evangelist named Brad Bullock. Brad was a good friend.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Banned

I saw this "holy rolling" stuff as a child, always men, but I never doubted their morality or commitment to holy living. It has been years since seeing this actually happen and, to be honest, I think I would be initially amused but troubled by the sight of it.

I have also been in Pentecostal services where there are ladies who scream in emotional outbursts. Sometimes, these things bother me but there are other times, where I have heard this and I was immediately emotionally broken and drawn to a place of praise and worship! Honestly, I do not know how to defend against anyone who use the Bible to delegitimize these things as truly Christian phenomena.

I have seen people, "dancing in the Spirit" who appeared to be completely aware of their surroundings but I have seen (and personally experienced) a place of praise and worship THAT INCLUDED LEAPING AND DANCING where I was not specifically aware of who or what was around me, how close they were to me. I was lost in praise and worship to the King and in those precious moments, it didn't matter what I looked like, sounded like, smelled like-- nothing and no one else mattered except for Jesus Christ.

Last edited by BuckeyeBukaroo; 07-10-2018 at 09:20 AM.