Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Saved & Shaved

Re: Two or three witnesses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Ok tell me why He didn't. I have as much scripture to prove what I'm saying, as you have to try to disprove it.Besides for the fact Jesus is the Holy Ghost.. So 1 for what I'm saying 0 for you...

Considering also Jesus Himself said "so is every one that is born of the Spirit."
BAHAHAHAHA! You made the claim. The burden of proof is yours!

When I could not reach mercy... mercy came running

Old 07-19-2018, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
BAHAHAHAHA! You made the claim. The burden of proof is yours!
John 3:8 "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

The word "sound" is translated from the Greek Word "phōnē". Which is defined as "sound, a tone,a voice, speech, of a language, tongue."

So that could easily be said "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the "speech, language, tongue" thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
"your shadow, the dark side. C.G. Hume writes about it, in terms of the fact that every one of us has a dark side. And my dark side, my shadow, my lower companion is now in the back room blowing up balloons for kids' parties."-Deseret

https://www.youtube.com/c/HisTruthIsMarchingOn
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name channel where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE to my channel!!
Old 07-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Saved & Shaved

I know you think you sound intelligent. That proves nothing.

When I could not reach mercy... mercy came running

Old 07-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Happily "off the chain"

Quote:
A systematic theology is to keep from error. That is the intent. It would be good for the Apostolic movement to develop a systematic theology but no one can agree on anything. Some are modalists. Some accuse other oneness of being twoness. Others believe that God died on the cross, some teach the flesh died. While oneness in Africa believe that the flesh was divine. Then the guys that teach the Father in the Son felt the pain of the crucifixion.

Then in regard to salvation some teach 3 steps. Others don’t teach steps, but elements.

Systematic theologies do not keep from "error" or unorthodox beliefs from creeping in. The only thing that could do that would be official Councils laying down the "rule of faith" that all must adhere to or be excommunicated. Further, the rules of the Councils have to be backed by the enforcement power of the state, otherwise "heretical" groups will simply proliferate and it would then be a contest with the best marketing deciding the "winners". That is why Rome developed the concept of religio licit (legal authorisation for religions) so that the state could "authorise" religions it felt would not be a danger to the Empire, and "de-authorise" religions that were felt to be "subversive". So among the various lawful religions there was competition. In point of fact Mithraism (a syncretic form of Persian Zoroastrianism) was actually winning over the Roman Empire, until Constantine declared Christianity the official religion of Rome. At which point Mithraism became nothing more than another pagan cult that needed to be suppressed. The rise of Islam and the Islamic conquest of Iran (Persia) provided the final death blow to Mithraism and Zoroastrianism. Note, Zoroastrianism never completely died out, but there's only about 200,000 Zoroastrians left in the world, so it's pretty much a moot religion now.

A systematic theology is nothing other than a teacher's system of doctrine (teaching). Among Oneness Pentecostals in particular, and among Pentecostals in general, there has been a dearth of anything remotely approaching a real "systematic theology". Stanley Horton put together a "Systematic Theology" comprised of a bunch of different white papers on various doctrinal themes written by various authors, but honestly it's about as interesting as the instruction book that comes with a new refrigerator.

David Bernard has written some books on theology, but again to be honest his writing is too business-lawyerly and thus too bland to become any kind of standard work among Pentecostals.

There are some other Oneness Pentecostals writing theologically, such as William Arnold and Jason Dulle and a few others. But these are all relatively recent, and none of them have attempted a genuinely complete systematic theology. Well, Teklemarian did with his Bible Writers' Theology but his ideas on the Incarnation were not well received outside of Ethiopia. And honestly, Ethiopia has had over 1000 years of issues with that very subject, as the trinitarian Ethiopians have a history of being accused of monophysitism. They however claim the schism is due largely to language differences and semantics, and not actual doctrine. This might be the case with Ethiopian Oneness Pentecostals as well. However, I will say that American followers of Teklemarian who promote "divine flesh" are definitely not having a conflict with the rest of us over mere semantics or terminology, but have a definite theological difference with the rest of us. So there's that.

It would be nice to have one (better yet, several) systematic theologies from a Oneness Pentecostal perspective. But no systematic theology worth writing can be achieved until definite progress has been made in exegetical and Biblical theology first. And we are sorely lacking in men who excel in those areas. We have some, but not many. And I honestly and seriously do not see any Oneness Pentecostal seminaries turning out any such men anytime soon.

Which brings up the other edge of that double edged sword. Seems every movement that allows itself to be doctrinally dominated by "seminaries" becomes a relic of the past, loses any sense of real revival, life, and vitality, and becomes strictly "mainstream". Think United Methodist or Lutheran or Nazarene... So there's THAT, too.

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 07-19-2018, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I know you think you sound intelligent. That proves nothing.
So if every person of flesh that is the way of everyone born of the Spirit, was Jesus 100% flesh and 100% Holy Ghost? So tell me how He would fall outside of what is spoken In John 3:8?

It's not about being intelligent, it's Spiritually discerned. And Jesus taught a lot on tongues and the infilling of the Holy Ghost. I got 3 witnesses, by your account to prove all of this. But John 3:8 is solid as a rock, and came from the Holy Ghost's in the flesh mouth, so If this encompasses everyone born of the Spirit, the Holy Ghost Fathered His flesh so, that's pretty obvious. Considering we only have a drop in a bucket of the earnest of our inheritance, and He was "given the Spirit without measure", and "for in Him dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead bodily".

But I know your not going to hear me one way or the other, so carry on..
"your shadow, the dark side. C.G. Hume writes about it, in terms of the fact that every one of us has a dark side. And my dark side, my shadow, my lower companion is now in the back room blowing up balloons for kids' parties."-Deseret

https://www.youtube.com/c/HisTruthIsMarchingOn
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name channel where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE to my channel!!