Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-19-2018, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Re: What's the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Alcoholism affects people from all walks of life. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), more than 80,000 people die from alcohol-related deaths each year in the United States. And alcohol continues to be one of the nation’s most preventable causes of death, second only to tobacco and a poor diet/sedentary lifestyle.

Alcoholism has a profound effect on the entire body, especially the brain, heart, pancreas, mouth, liver and immune system. In spite of its negative impact, more Americans than ever before consume alcohol on a regular basis. Understanding the dangers of alcohol abuse and its impact on society can help you and your loved ones make healthier choices.

https://talbottcampus.com/alcoholism-statistics/

Also, I don't smoke or drink, I eat healthy, walk several miles each day, and lift weights.
Sister,
1. I congratulate you on your lifestyle.
2. I have enormous stress in my job, on top of stress from things at home including my wife's health
3. I have an occasional drink, usually very high quality stuff, that is a treat. A nice relaxing meal in the little resturant /pub that sells shepards pie, and a decadent chresecake. A little something to take the edge out makes this even more enjoyable, "him that has a heavy heart".
4. I have been doing this for years, I go months without a sip, I am not at risk of becoming addicted. It is a treat - like candy might be to some. In excess it is bad, in moderation, many things are good. This does not apply to things like heroine, crack, etc. They are all bad and serve no useful purpose.

5. I know a brother in my old church, he knows he is/was/would be again if he had even one. Knowing tbis if I am around him we go somewhere "dry".

As to drink being "of the world", (this is to another poster as you did not say this) - air is also of this world, but there is no profit in abstsining from it either.

I do not understand seperation to the point of it being a pain, simply so you can say, oooh. I'm an apostlic/pentecostal look how piously I avoid enjoyment. The Amish have a seperate lifestyle, yet I think not truth. We have truth, but negate it in some cases by slavish devotion to elevating seperation to loftier standards than that truth.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
Quoting scripture about formication to teach against alcohol. Classic.
It would go with anything that destoys the body.. Eating, drinking, smoking, snorting, shooting, fornication.. Anything that would destory the temple of the Holy Ghost, you are not your own. Well that only matters if you have the Holy Ghost, otherwise "drink and be merry for tommorow you die."

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 07-19-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
It would go with anything that destoys the body.. Eating, drinking, formication..
But Alcohol doesn't destroy the body. There are many health beneifts cited for it.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
But Alcohol doesn't destroy the body.
Seriously?
Old 07-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonwas View Post
there is no profit in abstsining from it either.
Oh really?

I could name a few.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Seriously?
Seriously
Old 07-19-2018, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
But Alcohol doesn't destroy the body. There are many health beneifts cited for it.
Bro it and benzodiazepine are the only drugs in the world that will kill you in a detox. It's one of the worst drugs known to man. Any health thing you could get from alcohol, you can find something else that does better in the same area and isn't a intoxicant.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonwas View Post
As to drink being "of the world", (this is to another poster as you did not say this) - air is also of this world, but there is no profit in abstsining from it either.
You need air to survive, not Alcohol. Consumption of alcohol is putting yourself under the bondage of the rudiments of this world. I repeat you can not even say your living a overcoming life if you can't abstain from these substances.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
You need air to survive, not Alcohol. Consumption of alcohol is putting yourself under the bondage of the rudiments of this world. I repeat you can not even say your living a overcoming life if you can't abstain from these substances.
Did Jesus abstain from wine?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-19-2018, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Bro it and benzodiazepine are the only drugs in the world that will kill you in a detox. It's one of the worst drugs known to man. Any health thing you could get from alcohol, you can find something else that does better in the same area and isn't a intoxicant.
Anything can kill you in the wrong amounts, even water.