Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Ronzo

Put the salsa in the blender for 10 seconds

no more chunks
Old 02-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdued View Post
I'm not sure what kind of weather we're supposed to be getting. My sis said around 6-9 inches + freezing rain, drizzle & sleet. Doesn't sound too good! I wonder if there will be church at all tomorrow.
I'm so tired and need to get my hips in bed, but the posts have been so interesting on the PCI/PAJC threads, I don't want to miss anything...silly, huh?! I mean, I can always catch up tomorrow...
Old 02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
I'm so tired and need to get my hips in bed, but the posts have been so interesting on the PCI/PAJC threads, I don't want to miss anything...silly, huh?! I mean, I can always catch up tomorrow...
BTDT!

~ Talk to ya later ~
Old 02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
Put the salsa in the blender for 10 seconds

no more chunks
GREAT IDEA! Problem solved! Thanks!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Weathering bad weather....few tornadoes in the area.

Having creamy tacos with Diet Dr. Pepper!

10 Inches of Snow and now we have Blizzard conditions of 45 plus MPH wins. Chuch is cancelled.

They are calling for up to 8-10 more inches between now and Sunday night...

Love Milwaukee....
Old 02-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
10 Inches of Snow and now we have Blizzard conditions of 45 plus MPH wins. Chuch is cancelled.

They are calling for up to 8-10 more inches between now and Sunday night...

Love Milwaukee....
you know the Mathisons in the Milwaukee area???

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
GO CUBBIES!

just got home from church. bro mahaney was GREAT! he was more serious tonight.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhaloisintheshop View Post
Oh my oldest son LOVES Jars of Clay.
I know they've been a very popular group -- I don't listen to their music. It's not my "thing" you know?

I was treated to quite a study in contrasts today actually. During my lunch break which was later than usual I was reading Charles Finney's autobiography and in one part he was describing worldliness and recounted a situation where one woman couldn't received the baptism of the Spirit - she had sought and sought but couldn't make progress at all. She came to sudden overwhelming conviction and realization that it was because of the ornamental combs she wore in her hair! Whereupon she repented, got rid of those combs, upped the consecration level and received a wonderful baptism in the Holy Ghost!.

Then within a few minutes of my reading that and meditating on it ..... I go back out onto the floor to work and we have this Jars of Clay DVD playing on a big screen in the store and the group comes marching in with groupies following and I'm thinking to myself .....

"Good heavens! Whatever would old Bro. Finney think if he was accosted with the sights and sounds of this group, the music and the accompanying groupies!"

And we wonder why we have no power today. I think I'm cognizant of at least part of the reason why.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

I know it's early in the afternoon here and still early morning in other parts of the country and world, but what I am planning for this evening is to make chicken tacos (the chicken breasts are already on to boil), and then being in bed by 7pm...I can't believe how whipped I feel...
Old 02-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I know they've been a very popular group -- I don't listen to their music. It's not my "thing" you know?

I was treated to quite a study in contrasts today actually. During my lunch break which was later than usual I was reading Charles Finney's autobiography and in one part he was describing worldliness and recounted a situation where one woman couldn't received the baptism of the Spirit - she had sought and sought but couldn't make progress at all. She came to sudden overwhelming conviction and realization that it was because of the ornamental combs she wore in her hair! Whereupon she repented, got rid of those combs, upped the consecration level and received a wonderful baptism in the Holy Ghost!.

Then within a few minutes of my reading that and meditating on it ..... I go back out onto the floor to work and we have this Jars of Clay DVD playing on a big screen in the store and the group comes marching in with groupies following and I'm thinking to myself .....

"Good heavens! Whatever would old Bro. Finney think if he was accosted with the sights and sounds of this group, the music and the accompanying groupies!"

And we wonder why we have no power today. I think I'm cognizant of at least part of the reason why.
I don't know why I didn't notice this post before, but it is very interesting...sounds like a book I'd like to read.