Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
casual, church, cuff links, dress, gold, jcm, jeans, preacher, standards, suit, unhappy, white shirt, work

Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
40 years ago people looked GQ, and 40 years in the future they will be dressed in a black garbage bags with cardboard boxes on their feet?

Now the homey look and soon the homeless look. That's advancement?

When I went to church I could care less if everyone were wearing Armani, I wanted Jesus Christ. In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com

www.IfAmericansKnew.com
So do people today!! But you conformed to the "church look" over time, because it was expected of you. If everyone at your church where you got saved was wearing lime green leisure suits, you would have ended up wearing that too because it would make you fit their culture. There's nothing wrong with that. We just want to make the church easier for sinners to come to, so the only thing they have to worry about is cleaning up their insides.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered Member

My pastor is a suit and tie guy every service. In twenty four years, I've never seen him minister in anything but that. It's respectable and I'm thankful for his reverance to the house of God.

That said, I got rid of the neckties. I began to watch visitors that came in to our services and they're almost always in some style of open neck shirt and khakis or jeans. I felt like I should try and connect with them a little more and be a friendly face that wasn't so formalized and stiff. IF I can make a visitor feel more accepted or more at home on their first trip, I want to. I can go either way with Pastors and suits.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
So do people today!! But you conformed to the "church look" over time, because it was expected of you. If everyone at your church where you got saved was wearing lime green leisure suits, you would have ended up wearing that too because it would make you fit their culture. There's nothing wrong with that. We just want to make the church easier for sinners to come to, so the only thing they have to worry about is cleaning up their insides.
Sister please don't take this the wrong way, what you posted is so untrue, Sister that is not the case. Our old church was in a rural area and not everyone wore a suit. Some Brothers came in jeans and long sleeve shirt. Here in Fort Lauderdale some wear suits and some do not. If everyone was wearing lime green I wouldn't wear lime green myself, because I received the Holy Ghost and not a frontal lobotomy.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com

www.IfAmericansKnew.com
Old 01-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Da Evangelist

Bro. Benincasa do you think that people would let you preach in a pair of jeans or would you even wear a pair of jeans to church?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
Bro. Benincasa do you think that people would let you preach in a pair of jeans or would you even wear a pair of jeans to church?
Brother Miller is everything ok?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Da Evangelist

Quote:
Brother Miller is everything ok?

Everything is good. How about with you?

You didn't answer my question though. lol
Old 01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Da Evangelist

I will say that I am very much a suit and tie type of guy. I don't just wear them to church either. I understand that everyone is not like me. God couldn't make everyone perfect. lol

Old 01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Everything is good. How about with you?
Everything is quite wonderful.

Quote:
You didn't answer my question though. lol
I will answer it this way, do you think that there is no Apostolic Church out there that will not preach a Brother wearing a pair of jeans?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Da Evangelist

Quote:
Everything is quite wonderful.

I will answer it this way, do you think that there is no Apostolic Church out there that will not preach a Brother wearing a pair of jeans?

I have preached out west some and found a pastor that wore jeans almost every service.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Pot Stirrer

we were groomed and trained to wear suits to church but O do i ever GRUMBLE and GRIPE about it - I like to dress up sometimes but not ALL the time.
Sloopy dress is disrespectful but casual attire if it's pressed and clean is not. Pentecost has not gotten that revelation yet.