Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Urgent: Please Pray for Rev Jerry Jones

Please pray for Brother Jones.

While in Mississippi this week Brother Jones had an intestine rupture. He was admitted to the hospital where they removed part of it. He is being released tomorrow, and will make his way home ASAP. Recovery will take several weeks.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

That is terrible. Will pray.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Pray'n
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 04-11-2007, 09:42 PM
MrsBOOMM

What is going on?

I cannot remember a year so full of this type of stuff. Every time I turn around there is a real urgent request for someone who is going thru a real tryin time. I will pray, for God is the only answer to all of our problems!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Sister Alvear

praying
Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Registered Member

Praying
Old 04-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Urgent: Please Pray for Rev Jerry Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBOOMM View Post
I cannot remember a year so full of this type of stuff. Every time I turn around there is a real urgent request for someone who is going thru a real tryin time. I will pray, for God is the only answer to all of our problems!
Sister BOOMM,

This is a true, profound statement!

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Please pray for Brother Jones.

While in Mississippi this week Brother Jones had an intestine rupture. He was admitted to the hospital where they removed part of it. He is being released tomorrow, and will make his way home ASAP. Recovery will take several weeks.
Will do. He ordained my husband.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBOOMM View Post
I think that's because of two things:
1) We are more 'connected' now than we've ever been in the past. In the past, we didn't have ways to hear about all of these major needs. Today, we can know almost immediately.
2) We've seen God do some amazing and miraculous things here on these forums. As a result of that, people are more apt to bring their needs forward and ask for prayer. That's just human nature.

And I couldn't agree more with your last statement - whether we're seeing more or not, GOD is absolutely the only answer to all of our problems.

Having said all that, I will also pray for Bro Jones.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:55 AM
MrsBOOMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
I think that's because of two things:
1) We are more 'connected' now than we've ever been in the past. In the past, we didn't have ways to hear about all of these major needs. Today, we can know almost immediately.
2) We've seen God do some amazing and miraculous things here on these forums. As a result of that, people are more apt to bring their needs forward and ask for prayer. That's just human nature.

And I couldn't agree more with your last statement - whether we're seeing more or not, GOD is absolutely the only answer to all of our problems.

Having said all that, I will also pray for Bro Jones.
I know that we are more connected with each other than say, a couple of years ago. But I am talking within the last 3-4 months or so, I have heard of so many awful things. And yes that is exactly why I put that in there that God is the answer because I don't want to give any room for unbelief. God knows I need Him too much to doubt Him. I just hate to see so many going thru such awful things. I will also continue to pray for Bro. Jones. What would we do without the ability to go to His throne with our petitions!

Did Boomm tell you I didn't like your bug? I did say that the other night that "the bug" gets me every time when I scroll down a page that he is on. I was snickering though so it is no big deal. Now this is going to get me as well. Believe me, since I have been having such trouble with my eyes, my family has learned to laugh about some of the things I have thought I saw and some that I didn't. It sometimes is the only way to get thru the hard times, that is to see the humor in them.