Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School
Facebook

Notices

Sunday School A ministry resource forum. Find special help topics-- sermon ideas/notes, reference material, resources, etc.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

Mother's Day Craft

I teach 4 & 5 yr olds in Sunday School. I need some help....I have 3 kids that need 2 gifts for mother's day....1 is a step-mom the other 2 live with their Grandmother but see their mom. I would like for the kids to give them something different than they give their mom. Do you have any ideas?
The craft that we are doing is a jar w/lid, the kids are painting them and we are going to put hersey kisses in the jar. We started it today and the kids loved it.
Thanks for your help!
trent4
Old 04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

eek!!! When is mother's Day????? I also teach that age group and hadn't even THOUGHT of mother's day

How bout a flower basket? get a paper plate, cut it in half, paste the two halves together along the seam leaving the flat part open, have them color and draw on one side and then make a handle and stuff with paper flowers. I made one for my mom one year and she kept in on the wall in the living room. Mines had fake flowers and a verse was pasted on the front (can't remember what it said....) I'll probably have my kids do this one cause it's fun and not too messy (we've been having over 10 kids every week in my class)
Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Family Fun Mother's Day Crafts

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 04-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Thanks. We usually have 17 every Sunday but on holidays we could have 21.
I got one from Family Fun...the kids are painting jars and we are going to fill them with hersey kisses.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Sis. Lou

Wink

Another great idea is to get a small flower pot and get a small flower to go in it. The children can paint the pot or color it and then plant the flower and maybe help take care of it. This worked great at our church. I feel like if the gift is made by the child, no matter what, the parent likes it. Sometimes we make things for our child to make them LOOK perfect and the parents know that the child did not make it. Also, making things that have the child's picture and date is always a hit. Who knows, you could put their hands in finger paint and place it on costruction paper and make a card. I think personal is great. It is mess, but fun. Parents can keep it forever. Have you ever visited orientaltrading.com they have lots of cool crafts, really cheap, for every special holiday and event. Hope I helped. Good luck