Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Registered Member

Re: PAW Is Crumbling!!!Bishop Noel Jones is leavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegod1 View Post

At their Holy Convocation coming up later this month (August), the Chief Presiding Biship is going to present his "Apostolic Manifesto" to all the Bishops and Elders. It is a clarion call for the PAW to get back to its Apostolic roots, holiness, and being a "relevant" Oneness Pentecostal body in today's world.
I would love to see this "Apostolic Manifesto." Bishop Horace Smith was quoted by the Chicago newspaper, when they were reporting on Bishop Brazier's departure from the PAW, as saying if it wasn't for my position within the organization I would leave with him. He has at various times endorsed the OSAS doctrine that Brazier preaches.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:35 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
It is sad to me, that we have come to a day when we rejoice over the concept of becoming "mainstream."

As I look at God's people throughout time, his "church" has never been mainstream. In the OT, the nation of Israel was given 613 commandments, many of which had no relevance other than separation/distinction from those around them. God wanted anyone who saw an Israelite to immediately be able to identify them as such, this by its very nature set them aside from the "mainstream" of society not to mention their belief in the "only true God."

The idea of the modern day church assimilating into the "mainstream" religious circles, reeks of a decent into compromise and if not checked into apostasy. JMHO
I could not have said it better if I would have tried. Thank you.

Everytime I think of becoming what some call "progessive," I feel like going on a long fast, stay up all night a few nights in prayer, recalling to mind the words of Jesus, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself take up his cross and follow me."

Too many are trying so hard in their progressive manner to be greater than their Lord to be above their Master. If he had to do it, how is it that the progressive minded can do it any better with what ever scheme, gimmick or method that they might have in mind. God will come to his HOLY TEMPLE every time. "The Lord whom you seek shall SUDDENLY COME...."

Denying SELF and taking up the cross is such an outmoded idea. It is so ancient. It is so antequated and meaningless today.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Registered Member

I'm listening to you and I'm saying to myself why the name calling.If you believe what you believe then do what you believe.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Registered Member

This is wild PAW started from the Assembly of God which came from the COGIC.Check your history.PAW used to be triune.Wow
Old 02-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

PAW was founded in 1906, COGIC founded in 1907 as a Pntecostal org., Assemblies of God founded in 1914. The PAW is the oldest Pentecostal and Apostolic org.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adino View Post
Directly under the church name on the home page are three links:

New Members Video
Weekly Services
Do you believe?

Click "Do you believe?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adino View Post
Here's the link on SALVATION.

The full article reads as follows:I have contacted his church asking for clarification. I will try again if I do not get a response soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
That website is messed up lol. Thanks for the link...I still can't find it off of the regular menu though. Weird
This is the direct link.

http://www.acog-chicago.org/index.ph...116&Itemid=161

They do seem to be a one-stepper church. This is definitely 1-stepper language:
"If you are to be truly saved, you must trust the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him into your heart as Savior and Lord. This is what it means to be born-again. The very moment you put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, He comes into your heart in the Person of the Holy Spirit, and eternal life begins."
They definitely speak of water baptism and the Holy Ghost as being important, but they dont speak of them as being elements required for the New Birth.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
They do seem to be a one-stepper church. This is definitely 1-stepper language:[INDENT]"If you are to be truly saved, you must trust the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him into your heart as Savior and Lord. This is what it means to be born-again. The very moment you put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, He comes into your heart in the Person of the Holy Spirit, and eternal life begins."
As a one-stepper Apostolic Pentecostal I would have no problem with that.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
As a one-stepper Apostolic Pentecostal I would have no problem with that.
Well, since the PAW has been officially a 3-stepper organization for the longest time, I could see why many of their ministers would have a problem with it.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

whoa!

wow!

man, this is big-- whoa!
(just downloaded Bishop Brazier's Church "Doctrine" book.... Interesting, to say the least.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
whoa!

wow!

man, this is big-- whoa!
(just downloaded Bishop Brazier's Church "Doctrine" book.... Interesting, to say the least.
Yeah, I think Brazier left the PAW a while ago. He was always one of their Bishops that I admired the most.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse