Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Holiness Is Still Right.

Re: Rick Perry GOP Nominee After All?

I get the feeling when I hear Rick Perry speak that he's not that bright. I probably never would have voted for him.

All my chips are on Rick Santorum's table. Somebody has to take Mittens down, before he destroys the party's only chance at stopping four more years of the Obamanation. If Mittens wins the nomination Obama wins the presidency by default, mark my words. The GOP cannot win against Obama without an energized base, Romney is succeeding in sucking the life out of that base.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire View Post
I get the feeling when I hear Rick Perry speak that he's not that bright. I probably never would have voted for him.

All my chips are on Rick Santorum's table. Somebody has to take Mittens down, before he destroys the party's only chance at stopping four more years of the Obamanation. If Mittens wins the nomination Obama wins the presidency by default, mark my words. The GOP cannot win against Obama without an energized base, Romney is succeeding in sucking the life out of that base.
You probably only get the impression that the media has put out there about Perry. You try and govern the second largest economy in the nation and get back with me. lol And Texas may be set up to run like a well oiled machine, but you have to govern well to maintain it. Perry can say to Obama, "I was ALSO handed the Bush economy."

Erick Erickson (Red State) said he is voting for Perry on Super Tuesday and I know a whole lot of other people doing the same.

"Here’s the long and the short of it — Super Tuesday approaches. I live in Georgia. And I am pretty sure I am voting for either Herman Cain or Rick Perry because I am just not sold on the final four." - Erick Erickson

The GOP Establishment needs to learn not to force candidates on us, i.e., Romney.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Holiness Is Still Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
You probably only get the impression that the media has put out there about Perry. You try and govern the second largest economy in the nation and get back with me. lol And Texas may be set up to run like a well oiled machine, but you have to govern well to maintain it. Perry can say to Obama, "I was ALSO handed the Bush economy."

Erick Erickson (Red State) said he is voting for Perry on Super Tuesday and I know a whole lot of other people doing the same.

"Here’s the long and the short of it — Super Tuesday approaches. I live in Georgia. And I am pretty sure I am voting for either Herman Cain or Rick Perry because I am just not sold on the final four." - Erick Erickson

The GOP Establishment needs to learn not to force candidates on us, i.e., Romney.
I'm not saying the man probably was a good governor or that he's not brilliant in his own way.

I'm just saying hearing him talk makes me feel like I've lost braincells sometimes. Could just be me. However, he did do a pretty good job in Texas. I'll give him that.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire View Post
I'm not saying the man probably was a good governor or that he's not brilliant in his own way.

I'm just saying hearing him talk makes me feel like I've lost braincells sometimes. Could just be me. However, he did do a pretty good job in Texas. I'll give him that.
I know what you are saying. He's really down to earth and not a practiced politician, verbally, like Romney. But, really, I'm sick of all of that. I want someone who is real. I would even take Gingrich. At least he answers your questions whether you like the answers or not. And since they are all flawed candidates, I want someone who can effect change. Newt is the only one that can do that. If Perry endorses Newt, then I will too. He has asked us to support Newt.

I was against him being married several times, but when he answered John King in the SC debate saying, "Everyone here (pointing to audience) has experienced some amount of pain in their lives." - words to effect, I changed how I felt about it. So, Romney will be forced on us, but I am for Newt.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire
Romney certainly isn't engerizing me.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 02-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

My family is backing Rich Santorum in the race this time. We have followed him and Newt for since the 1990s. We have also had our eyes on Romney and the others. We have determined Santorum is the only candidate right now that we can support. The flaws of the others are too great to overcome when we have a strong conservative that we can support.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
Romney certainly isn't engerizing me.
Romney is Bob Dole the Second. Another moderate that the Left desperately wants (and refuses to criticize during the primaries) because they KNOW he can't win.

"You can walk into any library in this country and you will NOT find a book titled 'Great Moderates of American History'." - Rush Limbaugh.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Romney is Bob Dole the Second. Another moderate that the Left desperately wants (and refuses to criticize during the primaries) because they KNOW he can't win.

"You can walk into any library in this country and you will NOT find a book titled 'Great Moderates of American History'." - Rush Limbaugh.

I only heard Bob Dole give one line that I thought was actually worth anything when he debated Bill Clinton. "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" He then followed it up by naming a list of dictators who were better of in 96 over 92. The only thing that came close to being inspired.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I am so tired of the Republicans this year. Good grief, their idiocy seems endless.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV