Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Bible Study

Ok so we left our church we were going to that held the UPC dress standards for a AOG church that does not hold them,a lady that is friends with my wife at our old church wonders about the standards also. Well she wants to do a bible study with us with her dad thats the pastor of the church. I told my wife that it was ok as long as there is no Pentecostal/ Apostolic material brought to the bible study that only "sways one way" that it was just us and the bible and a concordence also I would not like the Pastor there cause I feel he will only be one sided (cause he has to be not because he really believes this away)..What are your guys thought on this?
Old 06-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Re: Bible Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
Ok so we left our church we were going to that held the UPC dress standards for a AOG church that does not hold them,a lady that is friends with my wife at our old church wonders about the standards also. Well she wants to do a bible study with us with her dad thats the pastor of the church. I told my wife that it was ok as long as there is no Pentecostal/ Apostolic material brought to the bible study that only "sways one way" that it was just us and the bible and a concordence also I would not like the Pastor there cause I feel he will only be one sided (cause he has to be not because he really believes this away)..What are your guys thought on this?
Locked the door and don't let her in

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well I don't think it's fair to ask him not to bring any material that is apostolic/Pentecostal to the bible study. I mean if you told me that I would tell you that I refuse to come without my bible and I hope he does the same.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

I want a neutral bible study. It want be neutral if he brings stuff by the UPC/Apostolic movement on the Standards books/tracts etc..etc...etc it will not be neutral..see what I am getting at?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I want a neutral bible study.
There's no such thing as a neutral Bible study. Something neutral, for example, would be water having a PH of 7.0.

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I want a neutral bible study. It want be neutral if he brings stuff by the UPC/Apostolic movement on the Standards books/tracts etc..etc...etc it will not be neutral..see what I am getting at?
IMO There is no such thing as a neutral Bible study.....the fact that you do not want him there (and don't want him presenting any of his supporting material) says that you are not approaching this "neutrally." It sounds to me like you want to find/present scriptures to study with a bias against standards.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:26 AM
Registered Member

I am not looking for bias against standards I am looking for a bible and concordence and then explain to me from those 2 books how you teach what you do from those scriptures on Standards
Old 06-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Registered Member

A bible and concordance will lead you to some verses about principles. Then it's bring on the David Bernard books to fill in just what those principles really mean since Paul was so negligent in not filling in the blanks for us. lol.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I am not looking for bias against standards I am looking for a bible and concordence and then explain to me from those 2 books how you teach what you do from those scriptures on Standards
You want an explanation as long as it is not from an intelligent perspective such as David Bernard. That speaks volumes. You have already decided and are using this as your way to justify your leaving.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Yea ok whatever Pliny...you just keep thinking that...I tell you what since your such a bible scholar lets start with Duetoronomy 22:5, tell me how you guys get women should only wear skirts/dresses out of this scripture..Better yet I bet your not even a real. Your probley less Pentecostal/Apostolic then I am and just get on here to stir the pot...lol..So I will let you start...