Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-09-2018, 12:55 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Gabe The Street Preacher

MTD, I’m not trying to discount what you posted about your personal experiences with tracts. Mine was the opposite. You mentioned do sinners listen to Christian radio? I would say yes, because I would put on Harold Camping’s Family Radio Station straight out of Oakland in my shop. I also would also leave on EWTN because I liked the nun Mother Angelica’s attitude, plus she wasn’t like those money grubbing Televangelists. Especially Robert Tilton or the 700 Club. Crystal Cathedral’s Robert Schuler reminded me of an ecclesiastical Liberace.
But it took a preacher and preaching to convert me. Not any old preacher, but an Apostolic preacher. Because before I was converted I went through the list. But God is a God of timing. The soil had to be right, and the conditions had to be right. When I heard the preacher preach a sermon about Matthew 28:19 being Jesus name, and not titles, it was like I found the Ark of the covenant in my backyard. It was like he unlocked an ancient secret. It wasn’t in a street, but in a small Apostolic church. This was way after I was prayed for by another preacher and his church family (that’s another story) and was healed of my stomach cancer. Why didn’t I convert then? It wasn’t time, and the conditions weren’t right. Jesus was still preparing the soil. So praise the Lord Jesus on how He won you. I have literally littered Broward, Dade, and Palm county with leaflets over the years. But, I stick with what works for me, that is open street Bible studies.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
MTD, I’m not trying to discount what you posted about your personal experiences with tracts. Mine was the opposite. You mentioned do sinners listen to Christian radio? I would say yes, because I would put on Harold Camping’s Family Radio Station straight out of Oakland in my shop. I also would also leave on EWTN because I liked the nun Mother Angelica’s attitude, plus she wasn’t like those money grubbing Televangelists. Especially Robert Tilton or the 700 Club. Crystal Cathedral’s Robert Schuler reminded me of an ecclesiastical Liberace.
But it took a preacher and preaching to convert me. Not any old preacher, but an Apostolic preacher. Because before I was converted I went through the list. But God is a God of timing. The soil had to be right, and the conditions had to be right. When I heard the preacher preach a sermon about Matthew 28:19 being Jesus name, and not titles, it was like I found the Ark of the covenant in my backyard. It was like he unlocked an ancient secret. It wasn’t in a street, but in a small Apostolic church. This was way after I was prayed for by another preacher and his church family (that’s another story) and was healed of my stomach cancer. Why didn’t I convert then? It wasn’t time, and the conditions weren’t right. Jesus was still preparing the soil. So praise the Lord Jesus on how He won you. I have literally littered Broward, Dade, and Palm county with leaflets over the years. But, I stick with what works for me, that is open street Bible studies.
What is meant by open street Bible studies? Would not that be the same as street preaching? And sure people get converted in Church buildings. They can be converted listening to Christian radio also. I have had radio broadcasts in 3 American cities and 4 other nations.

I am referring to what the "average" Christian can do to do his part in witnessing to the lost. Since the thread was started to discuss Gabe the street preacher I am promoting the idea of street preaching. I like Gabe.

If someone is doing other ways of outreach far be it from me to hinder them.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
What is meant by open street Bible studies? Would not that be the same as street preaching? And sure people get converted in Church buildings. They can be converted listening to Christian radio also. I have had radio broadcasts in 3 American cities and 4 other nations.

I am referring to what the "average" Christian can do to do his part in witnessing to the lost. Since the thread was started to discuss Gabe the street preacher I am promoting the idea of street preaching. I like Gabe.

If someone is doing other ways of outreach far be it from me to hinder them.
Open street Bible study is a group minding their own business. What happens is that people walk up and start to listen. If interested they will sit down. Even Atheists, or Non-Apostolics if they have any questions need to have a seat within the group. If they want to go to blows in a standing position they are subtly moved on. I don't know Gabe, Gabe might preach you and I into hell. He didn't like the UPC brother for some reason, so I'm skeptical of the lone prophets of Armageddon. If he is teaching and preaching Jesus name, infilling of the Holy Ghost with initial evidence of tongues, and living a holy overcomers life, that's a start. But my experience down here is that Black Israelites didn't last with their street preaching, the rest of the ones who I have known for years are insane. Not to say all street preachers are insane. I just have happened to meet the crazy ones. My favorite is Dan (who we affectionately call Captain Caveman) who had been preaching that Barack Obama was the last president of the United States. That there would be no 2017 election, and that Obama would become King of the World. Again, not saying that all street ministry is crazy. Yet, if I would of seen you walking around in a burlap bag covered in ashes? it wouldn't of improved my view of street ministers.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Banned

I saw the video of his rebuke on the pastor. It was for having a woman blow up the service. He respects the pastor, but showed she was out of order and the pastor did nothing.
Tough spot to be in. I think the pastor will not let her up there again.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I saw the video of his rebuke on the pastor. It was for having a woman blow up the service. He respects the pastor, but showed she was out of order and the pastor did nothing.
Tough spot to be in. I think the pastor will not let her up there again.
Post the video
Old 01-10-2018, 07:48 AM
Banned

Old 01-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Thank you
Old 01-10-2018, 09:28 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

The Bishop Gino Jennings!

is Gabe under the Bishop Gino Jennings?
Old 01-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Gabe speaks on street preachers who dont use Acts 2:38.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Gabe questions where are the street preachers who use Acts 2:38. Here is one part of my "Apostolic" testimony.

I had repented and received the Holy Ghost in 1974. Soon afterwards I was asked to help another Pentecostal brother start a street ministry. For several years we did this witnessing to thousands of people. This ministry was part of what is now known as "The Jesus Movement".

One night I think in 1977 a few of us went to the Union Depot night club in Dayton Ohio to witness to the people coming and going as this was a big hot spot for College students and freaks. It was around midnight and we were passing out tracts and trying to engage people in conversation.

As we were doing this I noticed several guys approaching us that looked a little different. They were wearing suits and they began preaching Jesus. They seemed rather powerful and I perceived their message was being presented to us.....as well as the hippies and freaks.

One of my witnessing partners remarked "Those Apostolics mess everything up"! From his viewpoint there we were already preaching to the lost and Apostolics showed up just in time to bring confusion.

However as I listened to the man preach several thing stuck out to me. He emphasized that in the first sermon ever preached in the New Testament Church the Apostles told the seekers to repent and be baptized IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST for remission of sins.

Then he went to Acts 4:12 where Peter said there was no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved. This 1-2 combination hit me just right.

My friend was wrong. The Apostolics had not messed everything up. Rather they were bringing clarity about full salvation. That was the night I determined I would be baptized in Jesus name.

So I am glad God used these men on the streets. Granted this was decades ago so I dont know how much Apostolics actually go out on the streets and preach. I'm sure there are some. I have been doing it for decades now myself and there have been others with me over the years.

So I appreciate Gabes willingness to take the salvation message to the lost and post my observation that I cant recall anyone preaching Acts 2:38 on the street since about 1980 besides those doing it with me.

Again I'm certain there have been those doing it but I am making the point it is extremely rare.

Rise up Apostolic youth! Dont think going to "conferences" is the ultimate action for you. Step out in faith allow God to use you to impact lives like several young men did mine!