Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
I believe that I have the Spirit of prophecy. The Spirit of prophecy is the Holy Spirit. Didn't the Apostle Paul say that the gift of prophecy is greater than the gift of tongues?

2 Peter 1:21
No prophecy ever came from what some person wanted to say. But people were led by the Holy Spirit and spoke words from God.

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
So are you here just to tell us you are better than us? Or are you here searching for a “lesser” gift than the one you already possess? Or has this last little bit just been a tangent?
Old 05-05-2019, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I believe that I have the Spirit of prophecy. The Spirit of prophecy is the Holy Spirit. Didn't the Apostle Paul say that the gift of prophecy is greater than the gift of tongues?

2 Peter 1:21
No prophecy ever came from what some person wanted to say. But people were led by the Holy Spirit and spoke words from God.

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
You have the spirit of error and it ain’t from God.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
So are you here just to tell us you are better than us? Or are you here searching for a “lesser” gift than the one you already possess? Or has this last little bit just been a tangent?
I think it might be all the above lol
Old 05-05-2019, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: I'm just a prophet-trainee

Quote:
I believe that my church is best labeled a mature Apostolic Church. During my university years, I was invited and visited what should be labeled an immature apostolic church. Virtually everyone was speaking in tongues and there wasn't even a single interpreter, which struck me as being in indisputable denial of 1 Corinthians 14. After seeing what I was an eyewitness to, I never returned.

Presently, I'm trying to get straight answers to specific interpretive questions that the Christians at this site believe.

I also see nothing improper in the following questions:
Does your church refer to themselves as being apostolic?
Old 05-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
I think it might be all the above lol
Probably so!
Old 05-05-2019, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Does your church refer to themselves as being apostolic?
Even better, we view the fundamental beliefs of our faith as both progressive and mature apostolic.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Even better, we view the fundamental beliefs of our faith as both progressive and mature apostolic.
So if someone asked you what kind of church you go to you respond with “ a progressive and mature apostolic church “? It’s really a simple question I’m asking but you have avoided all the questions so far.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
So are you here just to tell us you are better than us?
The purpose of this forum is for those who agree with you to answer questions. And I'm still waiting for answers to these questions:

Do the greatest of the Apostolic prophets that you know about only prophesy about members of their local assemblies or do the greatest modern-day prophets ever prophesy about world events and the global church?

Which is of greater priority for you: To speak five words in church knowing what you're saying in order to instruct others, or ten thousand words in an unknown tongue that you don't know the meaning of?
Old 05-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
So if someone asked you what kind of church you go to you respond with “ a progressive and mature apostolic church “?
There are many logically equivalent responses that answer the question. For example:

Ephesians 4:4-6
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Ephesians 4:10-16
He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe. So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
There are many logically equivalent responses that answer the question. For example:

Ephesians 4:4-6
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Ephesians 4:10-16
He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe. So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
Still avoiding the question I see. You kind of remind me of Obama. Whole lot of word that sound good but with no substance.