Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-23-2015, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

Alabama to eliminate marriage licenses (L)

Good for them!!

Several states are taking this approach....

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com...s-on-marriage/
Old 05-23-2015, 06:44 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Alabama to eliminate marriage licenses (L)

Larken Rose would be proud.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

I think 9 states plus D.C. still have common law marriage. When looking at the subject of marriage in getting government permission it shows how sheeple we are. Lead around like having a ring in our nose.

Are we seeing the beginning of states rights to counter the Feds?

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 05-27-2015, 08:32 AM
Banned

Christians should embrace "covenant marriages" and leave the decision of registering a marriage with the civil government to the couple.
Bad idea for ministers to sign marriage licenses, pastors insist
https://www.baptiststandard.com/news...pastors-insist
Old 05-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Banned

In my opinion, it would be best to allow "marriage" to be managed as a private contract as opposed to a civil contract with the state.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

I have heard this before, but I don't understand how it would work? I know live-ins now who will not legally marry because they don't want their checks to be interrupted. This government which began as Christian needs to turn back to Christianity. I would do whatever I needed to stand for God's plan of marriage, but this is crazy to even have to consider. I think after homosexuality I think they should start letting them marry their animals and children. not really.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
I have heard this before, but I don't understand how it would work? I know live-ins now who will not legally marry because they don't want their checks to be interrupted. This government which began as Christian needs to turn back to Christianity. I would do whatever I needed to stand for God's plan of marriage, but this is crazy to even have to consider. I think after homosexuality I think they should start letting them marry their animals and children. not really.
It's coming down the pipe.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 05-28-2015, 06:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
You do realize that civil marriage and marriage licensing as we know it today didn't exist until the 1920's don't you???

Prior to the 1920's, marriage in the United States was a private arrangement under natural (or common) law... in all respects. It wasn't established, regulated, defined, or dissolved by government. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and many others never had a "marriage license" or a "civil marriage". In fact, for most, the marriage certificate provided by churches or signed by the couple in their family Bible was enough to establish a marriage if the courts were ever involved. Many divorces were handled through private arbitration.

Last edited by Aquila; 05-28-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
You do realize that civil marriage and marriage licensing as we know it today didn't exist until the 1920's don't you???

Prior to the 1920's, marriage in the United States was a private arrangement under natural (or common) law... in all respects. It wasn't established, regulated, defined, or dissolved by government. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and many others never had a "marriage license" or a "civil marriage". In fact, for most, the marriage certificate provided by churches or signed by the couple in their family Bible was enough to establish a marriage if the courts were ever involved. Many divorces were handled through private arbitration.
I was born in 1981, and this redefigning of marriage makes me uncomfortable. I don't like to have to change a system that hasn't been to bad to be going on for the last 100 years. Just because there are some leaders who don't have the common sense to know that male and female bodies where not designed for one another. This even to an atheist is ridiculus. Is mankind becoming so ignorant.

As far as a contract to be consenting between two parties, It could be argued that a dog can consent in its own way. I know animal lovers now who brag on how intelligent their dog is and maybe they could go by a tail wag or bark.Children can consent and it could be argued that some thirteen year old are pretty mature. A brother and sister can consent and I am sure it is possible for them to have sexual disposition to one another. Pretty stupid, kind of like two men or two women getting married.

I think that homosexuality has gained ground on the premise that they have a natural inclination to the same sex. There are people who have paticular desires for children, animals, near family, polygmy, etc. I guess after the homosexuals people otta start protesting all these other things as well. not really.

Homosexuality is sick and even sicker is that it is becoming normal and acceptable behavior in our culture. I dare to say at some point every homosexual alive felt when that lifestyle began that this is not right. Scripture teaches of God sending delusion. Any supporter of homosexuals having a right to marry is not loving the homosexual, but instead is actually dooming their soul. The church should be loving, but we should be vocal in our stand against.

I don't think this is just another sin, but this is actually signs to the destruction of this nation. I don't hasten the Lord's judgement because I have loved ones who I don't want to see lost. I know many look at this from a libertarian's point of view, but our allegiance is to Christ before anything else. I love homosexuals and I welcome them to our church, but we must have clear lines.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

marriage is by definition dependent upon species, gender, and the number of parties. Once the gov't chooses to redefine marriage by undermining one of those 3 factors (gender), what's to stop them from easing the "restrictions" on the other 2?