Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Psalm 121

Re: Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Barb, loved your post! You should get on the soapbox more often!

The thing is is that Dan calls threestepper's heretics. He has taken on the mantle of those who are divisive amongst the threestepper crowd and now uses it to support the onestepper doctrine in the same divisive manner.

It's really sad we couldn't stay in the same fellowship (UPC) and fellowship the difference because the end result is the same.

That is part of my vision for our church, along with tolerance for each others' "standards" or "convictions". We need to quit judging one another and work together to advance God's kingdom. The devil laughs at our division!
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15 (NIV)
Old 02-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I just left a message on his phone thanking him for the article he wrote on the Prodigal Son which I posted as a new thread: Correct Thinking!!

He wrote another article that brought tears to my eyes: One Person can Make a Difference.
I agree, it was a great article.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophil View Post

That is part of my vision for our church, along with tolerance for each others' "standards" or "convictions". We need to quit judging one another and work together to advance God's kingdom. The devil laughs at our division!
The devil instigates our division.

Sounds like your vision is in sync with Christ's vision for His church.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I agree, it was a great article.
Did you read the other article, http://newlife-boise.org/IdahoStates...your_worth.htm, posted on the church's website?

I was thinking about what he said about our worth in God's sight and it had me tearing up again while I was driving home from work!
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Quote:
The devil instigates our division.

Sounds like your vision is in sync with Christ's vision for His church.
I agree!!

We who boldly declare that we have truth cannot get along with our brother...tragic!!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

These are great posts!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:08 PM
ModeratelyConservativePro gresv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
I will make one statement and then step away from this thread. I believe there are others out there that will agree with me....

LY was NOT let go from CLC for the message he preached at Landmark. LY and KH had a gentleman's agreement regarding that... The straw that broke the camel's back was after he taught the PCI doctrine in his college classroom. He had been asked (told) not to teach that doctrine to the students. Within just a couple of days, he once again taught it - not as history, but as the plan of salvation.... THAT was the straw. Yes, KH made statements regarding his mother being brought into it - but the firing was over direct disobedience in what he was asked not to teach to the CLC students. And yes - his being asked not to teach PCI was probably a "political" move. I will say this - LY was/is a fabulous teacher - never forget some of his Wed PM Bible Studies - just good basic Christian living!

If that's true Sweet Pea, then KH lied to me to my face. Why would he do that? He had no reason to lie to me. If it was because of the other deal then all he had to do was say so and I would have accepted it. But he didn't say that he said something altogether different. I told him I was very disturbed by the firing and I asked him straight out, "Why did you fire LY?" and he told me it was because of the sermon and for 'dragging my mother into it" and he was very agitated when he said the latter. I think it was a moment of emotional and unintentional honesty. And certainly deniable since it was just the two of us alone in his office. I'll never forget that moment SP, it crushed me. It was a defining moment in my life. I didn't hear the classroom story until later and it smacked of a damage control cover story for Kool-Aid consumers, which fits the pattern of how things went down too often in those days. Perhaps things have changed and it's not that way any more.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

We've all done and said things we regret.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
We've all done and said things we regret.
Amen to that! KH seems, to me, a very down to earth, prayerful, humble man. If someone has bitter, ill feeling toward him, because of something in the past, shouldn't they forgive him? Let God be the judge of His people.
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15 (NIV)
Old 02-21-2009, 09:47 PM
ModeratelyConservativePro gresv

Quote:
Amen to that! KH seems, to me, a very down to earth, prayerful, humble man. If someone has bitter, ill feeling toward him, because of something in the past, shouldn't they forgive him? Let God be the judge of His people.
Sigh...instead of dealing with the facts of first hand accounts we have to now play the 'bitter' card. It's so predictable. Ok, that's cool. You're right though, he does come across as very humble.

Regarding forgiveness, if you forgive someone do you automatically trust them again, or respect them again? Only if you're a fool.