Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Re: Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocuous View Post
Ironically, in part of his sermon LY talked about how the old guys fight each other while the young men sit on the sidelines and watch the blood flow in the battle field that LY said was a tragedy. He was a causalty of his own words...it was pretty prophetic. To this day, this situation makes me sick to my stomach. It's reprehensible and there was absolutely no justification for it. And no accountability either, which is another tragedy considering the high premium placed on accountability there.
From what I've managed to find out from reading and asking questions, I definitely agree with the bolded.

I came back into church, into a little UPC church, in an area of the country that still bears horrible scars from the whole split and from what happened to LY and his family. Seeing how things are now leaves a pretty lasting impression. It took quite a bit of asking and looking before I figured out at least partially what had happened. It's extremely obvious that something dramatic had to have happened to have created the division among the Apostolic churches there. It's something that makes me sad...I don't know if the damage done can ever be repaired. If it ever is, it will definitely be a most amazing move of God and a miracle of enormous magnitude. I'd really like to see that happen.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 02-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The man who fired LY will answer to God for what he did. It was just plain wrong and it was a political decision fueled by anger at LY having drug this man's mother into it. That didn't make sense to me when he told me that cuz it was his MOM who published the photos, not LY. But in the convoluted rationalization that goes on when people make up their minds to do wrong it made sense to him.

That was the event that sent me over the edge and out of the UPC. It was after LY's lynching that I actively pursued a path out of the UPC. I wasn't at the session as it was a day session and I was working. But I listened to the tape later that week and it thrilled me because he was speaking for all the things that I felt and he was championing the cause of unity and peace. And then he got cruficified and I knew, because of who assisinated him, that my time was over.

Ironically, in part of his sermon LY talked about how the old guys fight each other while the young men sit on the sidelines and watch the blood flow in the battle field that LY said was a tragedy. He was a causalty of his own words...it was pretty prophetic. To this day, this situation makes me sick to my stomach. It's reprehensible and there was absolutely no justification for it. And no accountability either, which is another tragedy considering the high premium placed on accountability there.
I'd like to think that LY sees it all as water under the bridge and has moved on and up in his walk with God.

My prayer is that all concerned will reconcile privately and publically to the glory of God.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
From what I've managed to find out from reading and asking questions, I definitely agree with the bolded.

I came back into church, into a little UPC church, in an area of the country that still bears horrible scars from the whole split and from what happened to LY and his family. Seeing how things are now leaves a pretty lasting impression. It took quite a bit of asking and looking before I figured out at least partially what had happened. It's extremely obvious that something dramatic had to have happened to have created the division among the Apostolic churches there. It's something that makes me sad...I don't know if the damage done can ever be repaired. If it ever is, it will definitely be a most amazing move of God and a miracle of enormous magnitude. I'd really like to see that happen.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Daniel, It was landmark that he preached it at. I don't recall him asking people not to sign it. It was actually a call to healing. The Tragedies were all those who would be hurt by those cleaning up the church. It was inherit in what he preached but it was a call to healing not division.

I used to have a copy but cassettes don't last forever.
cassette? What's that?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 AM
ModeratelyConservativePro gresv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
My prayer is that all concerned will reconcile privately and publically to the glory of God.
I hope so, but I doubt it'll ever happen...especially the latter; there's too much pride involved. The perp is not an very reflective person who readily admits shortcomings and mistakes.

I'd better shut up now.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I hope so, but I doubt it'll ever happen...especially the latter; there's too much pride involved. The perp is not an very reflective person who readily admits shortcomings and mistakes.

I'd better shut up now.
The last time someone said something would never happen was a friend who said their mother in law would never come back to the church I attend. The next Sunday the mother in law was there in church. I gave her a big hug!!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:17 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
cassette? What's that?
A poor quality recording device, usually of the lowest quality if used in a church, with a thin ribbon on which audio is stored and played back --when the player doesn't choose to wrap the thin brown ribbon up and tie it in knots or break it in half.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:22 AM

I must admit this thread ... has been intriguing, to say the least. Ask the right questions and you will be amazed what turns up.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:37 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
A poor quality recording device, usually of the lowest quality if used in a church, with a thin ribbon on which audio is stored and played back --when the player doesn't choose to wrap the thin brown ribbon up and tie it in knots or break it in half.
And never forget the 8-track!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:

I'd better shut up now.
Seems a little rough .... no? He had to have the interests of the many at heart also?

Also calling out OH like LY did ... was a calculated risk ... was it not?