Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #381  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Sweet Pea Sweet Pea is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,177
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Oh the drama - I can't believe the grandma that isn't doing all she can to help the daughter be ready for the baby.... Renda, is she "young" - or is she not willing to accept the age that she really is. I have a friend that was a grandma when she was 40 and she was over the moon about it. Not the circumstances, (daughter was 18 and engaged, but got pregnant before the wedding...) but the fact that she was having a grandbaby had her VERY excited! Some people do have strange relationships with their children, though!
__________________
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Sweet Pea Sweet Pea is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,177
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Oh good Lord! I hate when someone commits to something and then they don't follow through. I'm sure her daughter would love to have that room ready now or, at least, one month prior to the birth.

decide what I need to do, and then leave and do something else. LOL!



I'm that way about a lot of things!
__________________
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,404
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post


I'm that way about a lot of things!


You are my new best friend!!!

I do that more now since my kids are not living here anymore. I have no more deadlines, for the most part! I'm supposed to be fixing my hair and getting dressed so I can pick up a friend to go shopping. I was reading something and forgot about her. I better get 'er done!

Still working on the "door" for my grandson. I posted my work thus far, but I forgot that an artist of any stripe - professional or amateur, (I fall into the later) should wait until the finished product!
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Cindy's Avatar
Cindy Cindy is offline
Forever Loved Admin


 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 26,537
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post


You are my new best friend!!!

I do that more now since my kids are not living here anymore. I have no more deadlines, for the most part! I'm supposed to be fixing my hair and getting dressed so I can pick up a friend to go shopping. I was reading something and forgot about her. I better get 'er done!

Still working on the "door" for my grandson. I posted my work thus far, but I forgot that an artist of any stripe - professional or amateur, (I fall into the later) should wait until the finished product!
Well, I didn't want to say anything........but, are you going to finish the "door" before he arrives?


__________________
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Sweet Pea Sweet Pea is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,177
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post


You are my new best friend!!!

I do that more now since my kids are not living here anymore. I have no more deadlines, for the most part! I'm supposed to be fixing my hair and getting dressed so I can pick up a friend to go shopping. I was reading something and forgot about her. I better get 'er done!

Still working on the "door" for my grandson. I posted my work thus far, but I forgot that an artist of any stripe - professional or amateur, (I fall into the later) should wait until the finished product!
I knew we were "kindred spirits"

I did see the picture of the "not finished" door. It's looking good so far! I'm anxious to see the completed project ...... when you get around to it.
__________________
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,404
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Well, I didn't want to say anything........but, are you going to finish the "door" before he arrives?




I walked by it yesterday and thought the same thing!!!! I have to be in the mood because it takes patience, determination, concentration......

No, I probably won't have it finished!
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,404
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
I knew we were "kindred spirits"
Sure enough!!!

Quote:
I did see the picture of the "not finished" door. It's looking good so far! I'm anxious to see the completed project ...... when you get around to it.
Yep, I need one of these! LOL!



Lord, I need to go pick up my friend. LOL! Later!!
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 06-24-2010, 04:09 PM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,786
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
Oh the drama - I can't believe the grandma that isn't doing all she can to help the daughter be ready for the baby.... Renda, is she "young" - or is she not willing to accept the age that she really is. I have a friend that was a grandma when she was 40 and she was over the moon about it. Not the circumstances, (daughter was 18 and engaged, but got pregnant before the wedding...) but the fact that she was having a grandbaby had her VERY excited! Some people do have strange relationships with their children, though!
Nope, she's my age (54), but she thinks she's young or wants people to think she is younger.
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 06-24-2010, 04:27 PM
*AQuietPlace*'s Avatar
*AQuietPlace* *AQuietPlace* is offline
Love God, Love Your Neighbor


 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,363
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Nope, she's my age (54), but she thinks she's young or wants people to think she is younger.
That's ridiculous.

(I tried to think of a kind way to word that, and couldn't find one. )
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Sweet Pea Sweet Pea is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,177
Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
That's ridiculous.

(I tried to think of a kind way to word that, and couldn't find one. )
I totally agree!

I had hoped that my children would bless me with grandchildren before I reached the ripe old age of 50 - Nope, didn't happen. They waited for a while after they married to have children - which was probably best, but I had wanted to "grow up" with my grandchildren. You know they say a grandma is just an antique little girl. But I didn't want to be "too" antique.

I hope that when that baby does arrive that she changes her tune and enjoys it. (She'll probably turn out to the one of those "silly" grandmas.)
__________________
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Got the Best Christmas Present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rgcraig The Grandparents Guild 56 12-30-2009 09:23 AM
best Christmas present ever missourimary Fellowship Hall 43 12-25-2009 08:14 PM
Best Christmas Present Rhoni Fellowship Hall 28 12-18-2008 09:06 AM
My Christmas Present Joe 7 Fellowship Hall 0 12-25-2007 02:26 PM
My Christmas Present from God!!! StillStanding Fellowship Hall 8 12-11-2007 04:19 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume
- by james34

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.