Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Of Current Interest
Facebook

Notices

Of Current Interest Last minute deals and bargains. By Apostolic Friends being affliates, you can save here.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Facebook replaces church?

Oh wow! You mean there might have been an alternative and ungodly motive behind that facebook thing?

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/07...stor-responds/

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/0...upport-groups/

So what does everyone who jumped on the facebook ship think now?

Oh, they said, it will help us win people to Christ!

Oh, they said, it is not as bad as you say preacher!

Oh, the said, it won't hurt my relationship with God or His Body, the Church!

Mark Z seems to only think that Church is a social thing, and unfortunately, many in the Church seem to agree.

The ungodly medium of facebook will NEVER replace a annointed service where the power of God is flowing.

Now i guess if you are a Baptist or a traditional Pentecostal.......

Maybe it already has!

Old 07-08-2017, 01:00 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: Facebook replaces church?

Shame on you! You don't believe the Spirit of God can pour out through the in-tar-webs? For shame!

*For the record, I've never used FecesBook, and I won't start now*
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

I think you're limiting God.

God can transmit His Word through inspired writers over thousands of miles and years to speak to the reader but God help us if we broadcast the preaching of the Word on a screen...that screen somehow filters the Spirit right out due to that evil internal anti Jesus coating subcontracted out to that devil company Lucent.

I mean it's not like Paul communicated with believers in any medium other than speaking in person...thank God he didn't because as well ALL know...the Word of God ONLY is able to be transmitted in person!

Letters Shmetters!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
Oh wow! You mean there might have been an alternative and ungodly motive behind that facebook thing?

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/07...stor-responds/

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/0...upport-groups/

So what does everyone who jumped on the facebook ship think now?

Oh, they said, it will help us win people to Christ!

Oh, they said, it is not as bad as you say preacher!

Oh, the said, it won't hurt my relationship with God or His Body, the Church!

Mark Z seems to only think that Church is a social thing, and unfortunately, many in the Church seem to agree.

The ungodly medium of facebook will NEVER replace a annointed service where the power of God is flowing.

Now i guess if you are a Baptist or a traditional Pentecostal.......

Maybe it already has!
I agree wholeheartedly with the part in bold. No TV show, no satellite broadcast, no DVD of a message will ever replace being together with other brothers and sisters to worship Jesus Christ.

I don't much agree with anything else posted above. I joined FB to connect with family who are scattered throughout the US and other friends who are around the world. FB is a useful tool in that regard. It has helped meet and engage with people with whom I could not otherwise meet and engage.

Churches have used FB live to broadcast their services around the world. The home church we have been attending has used FB live in their services and people have reached out to the pastor via FB for prayer and salvation.

Now, I understand what God can use for good, the devil will use for evil. I don't know personally, but have heard the stories of marriages being ruined due to affairs between a spouse who found someone else via FB.

If someone does not like FB and preaches against it, God bless them. I'm not going to mock or condemn them. I hope they will respect my beliefs and convictions as well and not condemn me for using FB as a way to connect with family and friends.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:20 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

My biggest issue with FB is privacy concerns. They want to know far too much about you, and there's every reason to believe they'll keep aiming for more. You want evidence? How about them wanting to watch you through your smart phone camera and track your mood.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/facebook-wa...camera-1625061

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2015/0242679.html
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
My biggest issue with FB is privacy concerns. They want to know far too much about you, and there's every reason to believe they'll keep aiming for more. You want evidence? How about them wanting to watch you through your smart phone camera and track your mood.

Dude I totally agree with the need to be cautious about what information you share.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post

Indeed. My wife and I removed the FB app and FB Messenger app because of the warnings over FB recording video/audio even when app not being used or not being used for camera video.

Also need to be careful of the new Google Home and Amazon Echo smart devices. Some police department recently subpoenaed Amazon for audio recorded through its Echo device. Allegedly the device not only listens and records when you request its services but it is always on and always recording whatever it can hear nearby.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:15 AM
Registered Member

My son operates his entire house off of Echo. He ordered it before the price dropped
You can't turn on a light switch, you ask echo to do it!

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 08-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
My son operates his entire house off of Echo. He ordered it before the price dropped
You can't turn on a light switch, you ask echo to do it!
No thanks. I've seen the wifi-connected home appliances and nope, nope, nope. I don't even like the new cars with their "smart" systems. I'd rather drive a "dumb" 1980 Ford Pinto than 2018 luxury car with its smart system. And no way I would wire my home to run on a network which could be hacked and compromise our security.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:05 PM
New User

Monty was on facebook live last yr.