Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Democrats Remove "God" & "Jerusalem" From Platform

Oy vey...

Are they trying to turn away people of faith AND the Jewish vote????

Who is running this campaign?????

Their ideology will be their undoing. They are too radical and too extreme. The Obama campaign of 2008 had references to God and Jerusalem as nods to both faith communities and support for Israel. We are getting a true picture of what they plan to do with another four years and nothing to restrain them...

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Re: Democrats Remove "God" & "Jerusalem" From Plat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Oy vey...

Their ideology will be their undoing. They are too radical and too extreme. The Obama campaign of 2008 had references to God and Jerusalem as nods to both faith communities and support for Israel. We are getting a true picture of what they plan to do with another four years and nothing to restrain them...

Thanks Deacon for posting this. I saw it and hoped someone would respond to it. The mention of God and Jerusalem was not only in 2008 campaign but in previous ones, as well. Time for Obama to leave God out I guess. Christian Obama? ... I can't see it! By their fruits you'll know them!

BT

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

a muslim at heart !
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 PM

Can am, the Muslim accusation is such a losing issue. I wish the birthers and the folks who claim he's a Muslim would stop. It deosnt help to make the case against Obama with independent voters. There's no real evidence of any sort that he's a Muslim.

The point is the Democrats removed God from the party platform (Muslims believe in God Canam). I take that as the extremists in the Democrat party and the Obama administration are trying to be politically correct and trying to keep the uber liberals happy. They're having trouble keeping their liberal base happy.

They removed "Jerusalem" from the platform in the context of Jerusalem being the eternal capital of Israel, something very important to the Israelis. Obama is already on record saying that Israel should go back to its pre-1967 borders, something Israel says they will never be able to do.

This is significant because it shows a willingness to alienate certain voting blocks like Democratic Catholics and Protestants as well as Jewish voters. It's seems to be a weird strategy, but I just think they are so out of touch with reality, they actually think this is a smart move or that they will attract more voters.

They are destined for a shellacking in November. I can't believe they think they're going to win. It's so obvious.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Oy vey...

What do you mean by "remove...from platform?" News link?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
What do you mean by "remove...from platform?" News link?

MissBrattified, the Democrat's own Lanny Davis said it was true just a few minutes ago, and he's a democrat. Also said he didn't like it!

In 2008, the party platform read:

"We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential."

But that plank has been rewritten to remove the phrase "God-given."

"We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us,” the platform now reads.

BT

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine

Last edited by BeenThinkin; 09-04-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
MissBrattified, the Democrat's own Lanny Davis said it was true just a few minutes ago, and he's a democrat. Also said he didn't like it!

In 2008, the party platform read:

"We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential."

But that plank has been rewritten to remove the phrase "God-given."

"We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us,” the platform now reads.

BT
Ah. LOL!!! I was thinking in context of the DNC convention physical "platform." My bad.

I agree; bad move. Liberals are too agenda-driven to see the big picture, and it will be their undoing. Good news for the country! I say they should express their values even MORE!!!! We want to hear it!

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ah. LOL!!! I was thinking in context of the DNC convention physical "platform." My bad.

I agree; bad move. Liberals are too agenda-driven to see the big picture, and it will be their undoing. Good news for the country! I say they should express their values even MORE!!!! We want to hear it!

BT

Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Funny

Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

How would you compare "the spirit" of the democrats compared to last week's RNC? Am I just prejudiced or are the democrats just down right mean and hateful? Does the spirit matter at all in politics?

BT