Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Women Preachers?
Yes 128 62.75%
No 55 26.96%
Don't Care 21 10.29%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2020, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

Re: Do You Believe In Women Preachers?

God call all to be in the ministry. the five fold ministry is not personal ministry's of one person over others, but of several people doing the work of God in one place together. Therefor they can be both men or women.

Scripture never says we are to be subject to one man, we are to be subject to the ministry of God which has always been five fold.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:52 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I know a couple people from Pentecostals of Alexandria. I’m sorry but she may not have the title Pastor, yet when men and Pastors go to her for counseling.....? The thought I have as far as any women becoming a district or general superintendent would be, time will tell. Not just UPCI, I’m saying for WPF. You been around more than I have, you seen more than I. How many fellowships, conferences, organizations start off with good intentions then after years they fade away. Some are still around yet there not what they used to be. I have been part of two independent fellowships, and both of fellowships are gone. With that, 90% of the Pastors don’t even talk to each other anymore. Sorry about that last couple sentences had nothing to do with the topic.
no problem. The independent fellowship? Do I know them? Anyway, Sister Vesta Mangun, councils pastors? How? I mean asking a MeeMaw advice on her past knowledge on something isn't pastoral advice, correct? It couldn't be categorized as a "leadership position."
Old 01-19-2020, 05:55 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by loran adkins View Post
God call all to be in the ministry. the five fold ministry is not personal ministry's of one person over others, but of several people doing the work of God in one place together. Therefor they can be both men or women.

Scripture never says we are to be subject to one man, we are to be subject to the ministry of God which has always been five fold.
Oh I get the eldership thing well, but females make for really lousy men. Hence no woman leadership in any patriarchal society. The Bible doesn't paint us a picture of modern feminism.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:00 AM
Registered Member

As for women, scripture teaches her to be subject to her own husband, it never says anything else.

To be silent in the church in those days of having service was far different from our church services today. So yes Paul instructed women to be silent. But we know that women prophesied. But our ministry is outside the church door more so than inside the church.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Oh I get the eldership thing well, but females make for really lousy men. Hence no woman leadership in any patriarchal society. The Bible doesn't paint us a picture of modern feminism.
Our definition of ministry is off anyway. In many of Pentecostal churches the man behind the Pulpit is the see all of the church, in to most every nook of the life of his saints. Scripture never gives any one man that kind of authority. Without the kind of authority that we give to Pastors women can be used in many ministries of the church.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:14 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
As for women, scripture teaches her to be subject to her own husband, it never says anything else.

To be silent in the church in those days of having service was far different from our church services today. So yes Paul instructed women to be silent. But we know that women prophesied. But our ministry is outside the church door more so than inside the church.
Where women were asked to be silent was also directed to the men who had no interpreter of tongues. 1st Corinthians 14 is directed to those speaking to the congregation from the pulpit. Not to congregants. Again, patriarchal society. You are dealing with an ancient document which wasn't based on the American European culture we have today. Wives submit to their own husband goes way farther then you think. If your wife was only to submit to you, she sure wasn't supposed to tell a group of married men what to do. It is that simple. Nor, was she an apostle, or bishop. History of these ancient cultures across the board proves this to be true.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:16 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Our definition of ministry is off anyway. In many of Pentecostal churches the man behind the Pulpit is the see all of the church, in to most every nook of the life of his saints. Scripture never gives any one man that kind of authority. Without the kind of authority that we give to Pastors women can be used in many ministries of the church.
It isn't one man, it is an eldership, but that eldership doesn't have wives included. Doesn't have young unmarried males either. Patriarchal society, sorry.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

It is a real kick in the tail end when we start to get real Biblical.

That old patriarchal society smacks us in the head everytime.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
no problem. The independent fellowship? Do I know them? Anyway, Sister Vesta Mangun, councils pastors? How? I mean asking a MeeMaw advice on her past knowledge on something isn't pastoral advice, correct? It couldn't be categorized as a "leadership position."
Yes you know them (of). What is preaching?
Old 01-19-2020, 09:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
It is a real kick in the tail end when we start to get real Biblical.

That old patriarchal society smacks us in the head everytime.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf