Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Annie

Red face Someone Sent This to my Email...

Rachel's Glory

Bill and I went to church in Alexandria, Louisiana last weekend and I saw a young lady and her husband that I have known for a couple years. Her name is Rachel and I forget her husband's name, but the testimony he shared with me touched me so much. This is how I remember the testimony:
Rachel's husband was diagnosed with a degenerative nerve disease that is ultimately fatal, no cure. All his test initially were positive for this disease. This disease was very painful, it began in his feet. I remember being in Jackson, Mississippi at Thanksgiving time, when I first heard the awful news. Well, I asked him how he was doing, and I told him the reason I was asking is because he looked great. And I will give you his answer as closely as I can remember.
Rachel got up one morning after the diagnosis was given to them, she took her long, uncut hair down and laid it over her husband's feet. She said, " Lord, I made a covenant with you not to cut my hair. My hair is a veil of protection for me and my family. My hair is my glory and power with the angels. And as I lay my hair before you, uncut in obedience to your Word, I am asking you to heal and protect my husband from this disease that has been diagnosed." By this time tears are just rolling down both of our faces, how powerful is that!! Well, he went back to the doctor over the next few weeks and months and every test that they did was negative, and the doctor's only explanation was that the machines must have not been working correctly. But we know that God deserves the glory for his healing.
I just wanted to share this powerful testimony with all the ladies.

Your long, uncut hair is your glory, your power with the angels, and a covenant between you and the ONE that will supply all your needs. Hopefully, I can get Rachel to write it in her own words soon. It is worthy of repeating and our Pentecostal ladies need to hear it. God is faithful.
Love you all
Nancy Mikesell

I really don't know what to say...honestly. I just thought I would share.
I don't know the original sender, Nancy Mikesell. This was 'forwarded' to me.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

God honoured her faith.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 03-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Maybe the machines weren't working?
Registered Member

I actually felt ill reading this.
Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
God honoured her faith.

I agree, but what did she mean by the 'veil of protection' for her family?? I have never read THAT in the Bible. If that is truly the case, how does that explain the dear saints of God that have died of cancer, and never cut their hair?? My g-ma never touched scissors to her hair, and she died a horrible, painful death- due to breast cancer...

I just really don't 'get it'...
Old 03-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
I agree, but what did she mean by the 'veil of protection' for her family?? I have never read THAT in the Bible. If that is truly the case, how does that explain the dear saints of God that have died of cancer, and never cut their hair?? My g-ma never touched scissors to her hair, and she died a horrible, painful death- due to breast cancer...

I just really don't 'get it'...
The reason you've never read it in the Bible is because it's not there.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
The reason you've never read it in the Bible is because it's not there.
Some folks scare me...
Old 03-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
Rachel's Glory

Bill and I went to church in Alexandria, Louisiana last weekend and I saw a young lady and her husband that I have known for a couple years. Her name is Rachel and I forget her husband's name, but the testimony he shared with me touched me so much. This is how I remember the testimony:
Rachel's husband was diagnosed with a degenerative nerve disease that is ultimately fatal, no cure. All his test initially were positive for this disease. This disease was very painful, it began in his feet. I remember being in Jackson, Mississippi at Thanksgiving time, when I first heard the awful news. Well, I asked him how he was doing, and I told him the reason I was asking is because he looked great. And I will give you his answer as closely as I can remember.
Rachel got up one morning after the diagnosis was given to them, she took her long, uncut hair down and laid it over her husband's feet. She said, " Lord, I made a covenant with you not to cut my hair. My hair is a veil of protection for me and my family. My hair is my glory and power with the angels. And as I lay my hair before you, uncut in obedience to your Word, I am asking you to heal and protect my husband from this disease that has been diagnosed." By this time tears are just rolling down both of our faces, how powerful is that!! Well, he went back to the doctor over the next few weeks and months and every test that they did was negative, and the doctor's only explanation was that the machines must have not been working correctly. But we know that God deserves the glory for his healing.
I just wanted to share this powerful testimony with all the ladies.

Your long, uncut hair is your glory, your power with the angels, and a covenant between you and the ONE that will supply all your needs. Hopefully, I can get Rachel to write it in her own words soon. It is worthy of repeating and our Pentecostal ladies need to hear it. God is faithful.
Love you all
Nancy Mikesell

I really don't know what to say...honestly. I just thought I would share.
I don't know the original sender, Nancy Mikesell. This was 'forwarded' to me.
My brother shared a similar incident with me last night, and I told him that things like this scare me...
Old 03-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
My brother shared a similar incident with me last night, and I told him that things like this scare me...

Well, at least I know I am in good company...
Old 03-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

If her hair was a veil of protection then he would never have gotten sick in the first place -- there would have been no need of diagnosis.

Forget the hair. Mark it down to faith possibly.

She has been taught this RR hair doctrine that your hair provides protection from bad things happening to you.

Explain that to all the women who have never cut their hair but who have had catastrophic events take place in their homes, in their own families and their own personal lives.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)