Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Re: Look who is selling CBD. LOL! Good Grief

Aquila, I get that you're passionate about CBD oil and medical marijuana, but this isn't the forum to promote or encourage it. I would say the same about any pain reliever and opioid. I'm asking you kindly to please stop with the blatant promotion of medical marijuana on AFF. If you want to use it, that's your choice. I'm not going to condemn you for it. But I'm sick of seeing post after post from you pushing this. You claimed you weren't promoting it previously; that you were only responding to posts. Well, that's no longer the case. You are actively promoting it, over and over in your multiple posts on multiple threads. Again, this isn't the place. Please stop.

I believe what's on Youtube about as much as I believe everything written on Wikipedia. What's on Youtube is not always true. I hope you understand that. Sure, I can see with my own eyes a video of someone who is allegedly suffering from seizures and I can see with my own eyes as miraculously the seizures stop within seconds of squirting CBD spray up their nose. But I've seen some realistic things on YT which have been misleading or completely fabricated.

The fact is, MM and CBD don't do anything to cure or heal. It's a temporary band-aid which only tricks the brain into believing something which isn't. You talk about snake oil, CBD is it. It's not a cure. It's not a solution, it's a fraud. Sure, it may mask the symptoms for a few hours, but it does absolutely nothing to heal the underlying disease.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Saved & Shaved

Thank you.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Aquila, I get that you're passionate about CBD oil and medical marijuana, but this isn't the forum to promote or encourage it.
I've never used it personally. But I'm impressed with what an increasing number of studies are showing.

Quote:
I would say the same about any pain reliever and opioid. I'm asking you kindly to please stop with the blatant promotion of medical marijuana on AFF.
I believe I've only presented one thread on the topic. However, EB has posted several. My posts are a "response" to brazen misrepresentation and outright fear mongering.

I can see how you might think I'm promoting MM. But if you read between the lines, as I try to bring light to darkened thinking, what I'm advocating is that no one be condemned, judged, or rejected from the faith over a medical decision to try a medication, be it tried and true, or perhaps even experimental. For some, it could mean being able to live a relatively normal life while treating symptoms that would otherwise leave them debilitated.

There are people reading these threads who are on medication. Imagine an Apostolic searching for answers reading some of the comments of these "men of God". One could be influenced to stop taking some much needed medication. That could have serious effects for that individual and the repercussions could effect that family forever. If someone reads EB's statements and stops taking their meds and the unthinkable happens, does EB pay a price? No. That family does. EB's statements are reckless. It is the hallmark of abusive religion and toxic spirituality. I'm shocked the forum hasn't officially admonished readers NOT to cease taking meds based on any poster's opinions. Frankly, there even might be some legal liabilities here for those who manage this forum. No one is thinking beyond their precious dogmas.

Quote:
If you want to use it, that's your choice. I'm not going to condemn you for it.
I appreciate the acceptance. Should I, or anyone, feel so desperate as to try MM, individual medical choices should be respected.

Quote:
But I'm sick of seeing post after post from you pushing this. You claimed you weren't promoting it previously; that you were only responding to posts. Well, that's no longer the case. You are actively promoting it, over and over in your multiple posts on multiple threads. Again, this isn't the place. Please stop.
I commented on this above. I'm not promoting, I'm trying to dispel mischaracterizations of this topic. Sadly, they keep coming, which keeps me having to dispel them. All EB or anyone has to do is admit that yes, it affords some measure of relief for various conditions. They can still voice their concerns. That's not an issue. We've not progressed into that realm yet, so my concerns haven't even been expressed yet. And yes, I do have concerns.

I'd like to also mention that MM is legal in a little over half the states in our union. I'm not promoting anything illegal. We can talk about ginger tea, the balms, ointments, incense, and tinctures produced by the ancient apothecaries of biblical times too. They were pretty potent stuff. Even the over the counter cough syrup that contained cannabis extracts were strong enough to knock you out for the night. We're not discussing anything in the context of illegal behavior or for mere pleasure. Those who keep the topic bent in that direction are clearly misrepresenting.

Quote:
I believe what's on Youtube about as much as I believe everything written on Wikipedia. What's on Youtube is not always true. I hope you understand that. Sure, I can see with my own eyes a video of someone who is allegedly suffering from seizures and I can see with my own eyes as miraculously the seizures stop within seconds of squirting CBD spray up their nose. But I've seen some realistic things on YT which have been misleading or completely fabricated.
Tell me you're not serious. MM is legal in like 28 states with over 60 peer reviewed studies on it (and dozens more in progress as we speak)... and we're going to compare videos put out by parents, news clips, and personal testimonies... to Big Foot footage.

Quote:
The fact is, MM and CBD don't do anything to cure or heal. It's a temporary band-aid which only tricks the brain into believing something which isn't. You talk about snake oil, CBD is it. It's not a cure. It's not a solution, it's a fraud. Sure, it may mask the symptoms for a few hours, but it does absolutely nothing to heal the underlying disease.
Here, we agree. MM and CBD only relieves symptoms. It doesn't "heal" per se... but even the jury is out on that right now. It has been prohibited to such a degree true research on it has been hindered. Only with legalization abroad and in various states has the scientific community been able to look more deeply into it. Some studies indicate that MM might kill various cancer cells, and even stop their growth. Some studies are actually showing that it might even stimulate the creation of new brain cells and receptor connections, which is opposite of what we were originally told. It effects the endocannabinoid system. This system is regulates a variety of physiological and cognitive processes including appetite, pain-sensation, mood, and memory. When biochemical processes aren't working properly in relation to this areas, cannabinoids helps stimulate the receptors that right the processes. It's like rebooting the system. Those who have no appetite, regain appetite. Those who struggle with nervous system pain, find relief. Those whose biochemical levels have their moods fluctuating, find their moods moderated and balanced. Those who have issues with PTSD and CPTSD, can find the processing of painful memories in the hippocampus eased as cortisol levels actually decrease.

Of course, like you said, none of this is a "cure". But for some, it is much welcomed relief from symptoms that are debilitating and detrimental to their lives, and the well being of their families.

One day, I believe we'll all look back at the debate over MM, with all the various applications of it, and think, "All that over... a leaf?"

But we are firmly agreed. It is no "cure". It has only been shown to bring relief to symptoms of a number of conditions. As with any powerful medication, there are risks. One should consider the side effects of any medication and weigh them against what they are having to endure, the side effects of any other optional medication, and make an informed decision for themselves.

And for goodness sake, if anyone reading this is on any important or powerful medication for a serious condition, don't feel condemned by the likes of EB. He pays no price if something happens to you. Maintain taking your medication and seek healing. When healing comes, your body will reject the medication, and your physician can help you properly cease taking them... as he or she stands wondering how such a healing occurred. Nothing can stop the hand of God, not even your current medication.

Last edited by Aquila; 07-10-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
There are people reading these threads who are sober. Imagine an Apostolic searching for answers reading some of the comments of these "men of God" like myself. One could be influenced to start smoking weed. That could have serious effects for that individual and the repercussions could effect that family forever. If someone reads my statements and starts hitting the bong and the unthinkable happens, do I pay a price? No. That family does. My statements are reckless. It is the hallmark of abusive religion and toxic spirituality. I'm shocked the forum hasn't officially admonished readers NOT to start taking marijuana based on any poster's opinions. Frankly, there even might be some legal liabilities here for those who manage this forum. No one is thinking beyond their precious dogmas.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
You do know that distortions and mischaracterizations are lies, do you not?
Old 07-10-2018, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I commented on this above. I'm not promoting, I'm trying to dispel mischaracterizations of this topic. Sadly, they keep coming, which keeps me having to dispel them.
As pure as your intentions may be, it comes across as promoting, IMO.

Quote:
I'd like to also mention that MM is legal in a little over half the states in our union. I'm not promoting anything illegal.
I'm happy you're not promoting anything illegal, though I don't believe that should be the standard for posts on a A/P forum. Alcohol is legal, yet it shouldn't be promoted on this forum. Opioids are legal, but I wouldn't want to see it promoted on AFF. Same sex marriage and abortion is legal, but I don't want to login and see post after post promoting them. Or even posts allegedly trying to dispel characterizations about them.

Quote:
Tell me you're not serious. MM is legal in like 28 states with over 60 peer reviewed studies on it (and dozens more in progress as we speak)... and we're going to compare videos put out by parents, news clips, and personal testimonies... to Big Foot footage.
First, I'm not comparing it to "big foot footage." What I'm thinking of are videos on Youtube, such as the Planetshaker youth minister who faked cancer to cover up some addiction. He appeared on a Hillsong live concert DVD as well, dragging his oxygen around, giving an incredibly moving speech about having cancer before singing "Healer."

I'm thinking of the fake news videos which later are found to be propaganda pieces set up by the news to push a false narrative.

I'm thinking of the thousands of videos by magicians claiming to do magic, when all they're really doing is sleight of hand and illusion. Smoke and mirrors. All fake.

I admit, I'm a skeptic. Especially about this. Marijuana has been around for how long and JUST NOW we're suddenly figuring out, "Heeeyyyyy, this can do all these things." Sorry, I can't do it.

Quote:
Some studies indicate that MM might kill various cancer cells, and even stop their growth.

Some studies are actually showing that it might even stimulate the creation of new brain cells and receptor connections, which is opposite of what we were originally told.

It effects the endocannabinoid system. This system is regulates a variety of physiological and cognitive processes including appetite, pain-sensation, mood, and memory. When biochemical processes aren't working properly in relation to this areas, cannabinoids helps stimulate the receptors that right the processes. It's like rebooting the system.

Those who have no appetite, regain appetite.

Those who struggle with nervous system pain, find relief.

Those whose biochemical levels have their moods fluctuating, find their moods moderated and balanced.

Those who have issues with PTSD and CPTSD, can find the processing of painful memories in the hippocampus eased as cortisol levels actually decrease.
You know what that sounds like ...

Old 07-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I admit, I'm a skeptic. Especially about this. Marijuana has been around for how long and JUST NOW we're suddenly figuring out, "Heeeyyyyy, this can do all these things." Sorry, I can't do it.
I do see where you're coming from. But the truth is that the use of this plant's medicinal properties were documented as far back as 5,000 years ago in ancient China. It was also commonly used in various remedies throughout the world. Even in early America it was a component in over the counter medicine to ease aches and pain, nausea, menstrual cramps, help one sleep, and encourage appetite. The research done today is more in depth in that we can see what areas of the brain are actually being effected by the cannabinoids, how the endocannabinoid system is effected (which governs multiple biological processes) and what the effect is, even on the cellular level. Here's something interesting, opioids effect the area of the brain that controls breathing. Therefore, an overdose of opioids will shut down one's ability to breathe and they will die. Cannabis doesn't effect this area of the brain, nor the area of the brain that controls the heart or other automatic processes necessary for life (like other powerful medications). In essence, it is therefore impossible to overdose on cannabis unless one were to smoke something like 200 cannabis cigarettes in like 10 minutes. But that amount of smoke, being cannabis or not, can kill a person.

So, for thousands of years, cannabis was used as a remedy for various conditions anywhere hemp was a common crop. Even up until the mid 1900's cannabis was an ingredient in common over the counter medications. Then the prohibition kicked in. With this, it became illegal to grow it, possess it, and even to study it (unless granted specific permission by the government). This "black out" on the study of this plant lasted several decades. Also remember, the prohibition of cannabis was launched world wide with America leading the way. But as more and more countries were more liberal in their research on it, they discovered that it wasn't as bad as the likes of Anslinger and others tried to claim. So there was a small wave of legalization in other countries. Israel decided to lead the way on the research. Soon more and more countries joined the legalization ranks. Then legalization began to get momentum in the United States. As this has happened, more American science institutions are now able to legally research cannabis and review peer reviewed studies from scientists in other nations who are ahead of the curve on this. So, it might seem like an explosion of sudden research findings. But it's not. Much of the research was suppressed by the prohibition for decades, other countries who broke ranks with us on the substance moved forward with their research. And only now is this information filtering into the United States, along with our own scientific research that builds on what other countries already knew.

If it wasn't for the prohibition of cannabis... all these findings we're hearing about today would most likely be old news by now. Did you know that in early America, farmers were required to grow hemp? And while doing so, they also grew the cannabis that was eventually used in common over the counter remedies predating the 1900's. Even medicinal use from ancient Egypt has been discovered. Not to mention, the residue and resin they are finding in mummies, which was believed to bring health and vitality in the afterlife.

There's honestly nothing "new" about all of this. Our government has kept us in the dark. I'm not promoting it here. I'm just sharing facts relating to your statement to explain why it only "seems" like you're just hearing about this now.

Last edited by Aquila; 07-10-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

For thousands of years they threw people with emotional problems into snake pits. For thousands of years they would throw children with abnormalities onto garbage heaps. There are cultures in Asia and Africa that kidnap albino children, kill them and grind their bones. They believe that the ashes and ground bones of albinos will heal all manner of diseases. CBD is from the hemp flower while Marjuna is a narcotic. Thank you ndavid for the posting of the can of dehydrated water. Because that is all this hullabaloo is about. Aquila wears his mental illness like a crown of thorns. All to self justify his own future drug use. If anyone listens to liberal media we all have PTSD in one way or another. It is the new chic problem for the libs to parade. Yet, this is not to lessen the real issues which veterans do have from the trauma of combat. Yet veterans have been smoking reefer since WWII. Didn’t help shell shock of Vietnam vets. Now all of a sudden TEDX has some speak about the ashes of a dead albino infant easing flashbacks and we all run out to kidnapp albino infants because the government makes it legal? No, this is all about Doe Rae Me MONEY.

Opioid epidemic in this country.

A country blowing up with alcoholism and now reefer is the new cure everything from ingrown toenail to brain cancer? It is all a lie and a lie being propagated by willing useful liberal tools.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 07-10-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

I guess Coca Cola should put cocaine back in their pop? How stinking sad.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
For thousands of years they threw people with emotional problems into snake pits. For thousands of years they would throw children with abnormalities onto garbage heaps. There are cultures in Asia and Africa that kidnap albino children, kill them and grind their bones. They believe that the ashes and ground bones of albinos will heal all manner of diseases. CBD is from the hemp flower while Marjuna is a narcotic. Thank you ndavid for the posting of the can of dehydrated water. Because that is all this hullabaloo is about. Aquila wears his mental illness like a crown of thorns. All to self justify his own future drug use. If anyone listens to liberal media we all have PTSD in one way or another. It is the new chic problem for the libs to parade. Yet, this is not to lessen the real issues which veterans do have from the trauma of combat. Yet veterans have been smoking reefer since WWII. Didn’t help shell shock of Vietnam vets. Now all of a sudden TEDX has some speak about the ashes of a dead albino infant easing flashbacks and we all run out to kidnapp albino infants because the government makes it legal? No, this is all about Doe Rae Me MONEY.

Opioid epidemic in this country.

A country blowing up with alcoholism and now reefer is the new cure everything from ingrown toenail to brain cancer? It is all a lie and a lie being propagated by willing useful liberal tools.
There wouldn't be an opioid epidemic if doctors were able to prescribe a relatively non-addictive, non-lethal, medication for so many of the things they have prescribed opioids for, now would there?

Some people are dumber than a bag of hammers.