Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-11-2019, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Well the Bible also doesn’t say when someone loses the Holy Spirit. I’d say votive’s quote at least gives evidence for his belief. Where’s the evidence for yours?
There is not one shred of evidence for his belief. The Bible might not say the exact moment you lose the Holy Ghost but it does give a whole lot of explanations on who doesn’t have the Holy Ghost and by your own discription fit the bill.... keep not his commandments you are none of his.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well the Bible also doesn’t say when someone loses the Holy Spirit. I’d say votive’s quote at least gives evidence for his belief. Where’s the evidence for yours?
jfrog

winter greetings. just curious why you are here little fella? As the forum name implies, I'm thinking the original intent was a forum for folks who have already entered in through the Acts 2:38 gate, where they could learn, share, and worship Jesus, the Christ of God. Didn't have to read too many of your posts to see that this is not why you are here.

Perhaps you have come to simply test the patience of the King's kids, in that my Lord did admonish us: " in your patience possess ye your souls. " But honestly, freeway driving and work do a much better job of it than you are doing here. And so on the rare occasions that I can join my apostolic friends on this forum, to read about wisdom and doctrine and growing in grace, your snarky posts are just clutter to scroll past. When you do hijack a thread, it is a sad loss for many on here. Like a beautiful flower wilting and dying.

Or perhaps you've come to try and convince my apostolic friends and I of the error of our way. Again, as the forum name implies, we believe we have been given the greatest gift on the planet earth in the Acts 2:38 salvation message. Each one of us has been baptized with the Holy Ghost by Jesus Christ personally, for " He " said John, " shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and fire. " And so as we bumble around on here from newborn babes to grown men of God, you surely must know that your jangling is just a distraction.

Or maybe you've come here to sow discord because you have no home life or social life. Well, it's only working on the babes in Christ. And I'm confident that the sage apostolic friends on this forum shine brightly enough, that even those babes you manage to distract will shortly come around, get bored bickering with you, and be drawn to that light.

So, why have you come here, little fella?
Old 01-12-2019, 01:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Paul never states what you have just said. Neither do the the other writers in the New Testament. That is 100% false doctrine to tell someone unless they are a rebrobate they still have the HG.
Paul never writes that Jesus continues to indwell a person until and unless they become a reprobate? So, the verse I quoted doesn't actually mean what it literally states?

Jesus is the Life-Giving Spirit, yes? Or do you think He is not?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 01-12-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
By his own confession he doesn't have it. And God didn't take anything away more like he had no place for it. He may of had the Holy Ghost but it never had him and that's very obvious.

Most importantly this a null situation, because it's not even a real scenario, nor is JFrog a real person. I mean I'm sure he's a person but not who he's claiming to be so I take everything he says the same way.
By his own confession, nothing. You are reading into his words and finding whatever it is you want to find. He surmised the possibility that his initial speaking in tongues experience must have been illegitimate because now, concerning his current state, since he can still speak in tongues, and figures that should be IMPOSSIBLE, the likelihood that his initial experience was real is equally impossible.

That is all he ever stated, and you ran a marathon with it to conclusions never once uttered, or in this case, written, by him. It's like you can't wait to nail him to a cross. Be slow to speak, quick to listen means what, exactly?

And as far as jfrog being jfrog, I used to post with him on other apostolic forums years ago, like Apostolic Youth Forums (I had a different handle, then, namely Crying_Abba), and as someone mentioned, he has 9,000 plus posts here, and has been a member for years and years, and no one ever accused him of hiding behind a second screenname, until you. And you've done this how many times? Accuse someone of being someone else? Like half a dozen, maybe ten times.

You like to harp on what you call people's candy-sticks. Well, there's yours. Constantly accusing members of being someone else without any proof.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Some of you sure like pushing people away, don't you? Just because he has strayed, doesn't mean he isn't still a sheep belonging to the Lord, you know, He who said He would leave the 99 just persons (apparently you guys) to go and find the one who ended up lost.

If one has erred from the truth and someone converts him back, the one who converts him back saves a soul from death. Do you care about saving jfrog from such a fate? Or are you going to just keep snapping on him, calling him out, accusing him, maligning him? Look past whatever he has posted and see the real human behind the screen.

No one asked him how he came to be in such a place. Maybe he suffered something none of you can possibly imagine and it rocked him so profoundly, his world was never the same. Existential crises of faith exist and until you've been through one, you ought not to jump down on someone who has.

Take some time and get to know him a bit and see if you can relate and build some truth with him and you never know, he might open up to you enough to allow you to actually MINISTER to him and see him come back to God.

Last edited by votivesoul; 01-13-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Some of you sure like pushing people away, don't you? Just because he has strayed, doesn't mean he isn't still a sheep belonging to the Lord, you know, He who said He would live the 99 just persons (apparently you guys) to go and find the one who ended up lost.

If one has erred from the truth and someone converts him back, the one who converts him back saves a soul from death. Do you care about saving jfrog from such a fate? Or are you going to just keep snapping on him, calling him out, accusing him, maligning him? Look past whatever he has posted and see the real human behind the screen.

No one asked him how he came to be in such a place. Maybe he suffered something none of you can possibly imagine and it rocked him so profoundly, his world was never the same. Existential crises of faith exist and until you've been through one, you ought not to jump down on someone who has.

Take some time and get to know him a bit and see if you can relate and build some truth with him and you never know, he might open up to you enough to allow you to actually MINISTER to him and see him come back to God.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
What I can do now is the same thing that I did then. If it’s jibber jabber now then it was jibber jabber then... Which is ultimately my point. There’s not any distinguishable difference between jibber jabber and tongues.
Did no one see this? Since you are saying I'm saying something about him, what about this? He clearly says there is nothing to speaking in tongues. So either he never really has, or he has been turned over to a reprobate mind I don't know. But either way it goes he said this not me. Or maybe you missed that.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 01-12-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
. And you've done this how many times? Accuse someone of being someone else? Like half a dozen, maybe ten times.
How many times have I been wrong about that? If you can prove one I'll apologize.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 01-13-2019, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Did no one see this? Since you are saying I'm saying something about him, what about this? He clearly says there is nothing to speaking in tongues. So either he never really has, or he has been turned over to a reprobate mind I don't know. But either way it goes he said this not me. Or maybe you missed that.
I saw it, but keep it in context of someone who has lost faith and is under a weight of near agnostic unbelief. So what do we do? Throw down on him, or restore such a one in a spirit of meekness? Launch a volley at him or pray for him?

You constantly looking for ammo from his posts to shoot him down with his own words is never going to bring him around to the very thing you want, which is his repentance and renewal.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
How many times have I been wrong about that? If you can prove one I'll apologize.
Prove every time you were right and I will apologize, but you cannot because you don't have anything other than hunches and suspicions, not actual proof. Even so, the onus is on you, since you are the one constantly making the claims.

Nonetheless, I already explained to you that jfrog isn't anyone other than jfrog. Same screen name, avatar pic, and everything, from over 12 years ago from a completely different forum, so you could start there with your apology and work your way down.

Last edited by votivesoul; 01-16-2019 at 02:59 AM.