Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Re: Starting in 2012....the UPCI will.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Livin' in the past!
Should read 1949 and 1950
Old 01-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

http://www.homemissionsdivision.com/...lt.asp?MID=666
Ok maybe its just me but does anybody else find it odd that the organization that preaches so heavily against TV then models their Home Missions update after a television talk show????? SO....it's ok to look like a mainstream talk show, as long as we don't broadcast it on the format that 99% of the world uses? Oh,BTW the real reason for keeping the GC in St. Louis is to avoid the chance of have to run in an "unresponsive" area. i.e. some place that doesn't like the current leaders.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Banned

If there are cheaper facilities in STL, then that makes sense. With or without money troubles. It's more stewardly.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Should read 1949 and 1950
Yeah, I was gonna say...
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
If there are cheaper facilities in STL, then that makes sense. With or without money troubles. It's more stewardly.
I think this is more of an issue of logistics, Socialite ... paying for a convention center or arena will incur costs whether its in Nashville, St. Louis, or Greensboro.

However, some of the big costs are logistical ... paying for airfare, hotel, of execs ... shipping of products, etc from St. Louis to the venue of choice.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
Most of the speakers, tech crew & all UPCI leaders reside in St. Louis. This will be a huge money saver since they (UPCI) doesn't have to pay for airfair. Now granted they have to still pay for hotel expenses.

Couldn't the UPCI set up some kind of contract with the city of St. Louis to possibly get lower costs all together. Since we know that St. Louis will be the permanent home of the annual General Conference, I'm sure they'll sign some kind of contract with the Edward Jones Dome and America's Center (location of conference), and local hotels.

Another aspect of this may be the declining of attendance in recent years. I'm not sure what has caused it, perhaps the implemented registration costs for the conference. It really is kind of pricey for the quality of the conference services. Or it could be the amount of offerings they take up during the conference. I personally know of people the got up and left because of this. Maybe moving the conference the STL, it being centrally located, will raise attendance. Just a thought..
Old 08-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Think I'll go to GC this year. Never been to one. That is, if non UPcers are allowed to attend. I have friends near Louisville. Is there an admission charge or do I just "sow my largest seed gift to gain favor?
Of course you would be welcome, I can not think of a single person who shouldnt. Talk about power. When you get a bunch of holy rollers together from all over. we dont need a dance floor, we just need the spirit to fall upon us and take over. I think you will enjoy it.

My family and I are just recently, returned to the church and I can not for the likes of me come up with one good excuse why I left, Praise the Lord it is so good to be home
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmidwest View Post
http://www.homemissionsdivision.com/...lt.asp?MID=666
Ok maybe its just me but does anybody else find it odd that the organization that preaches so heavily against TV then models their Home Missions update after a television talk show????? SO....it's ok to look like a mainstream talk show, as long as we don't broadcast it on the format that 99% of the world uses?
Uhhh...I guess you are not aware that the org approved use of TV broadcasting a few years ago at the GC in Tampa? That's a pretty old, worn-out drum you're beating there. I believe if you would like to criticize WPF the argument would still apply. MY puts on a pretty good not-for-TV TV show.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDowell View Post
Of course you would be welcome, I can not think of a single person who shouldnt. Talk about power. When you get a bunch of holy rollers together from all over. we dont need a dance floor, we just need the spirit to fall upon us and take over. I think you will enjoy it.

My family and I are just recently, returned to the church and I can not for the likes of me come up with one good excuse why I left, Praise the Lord it is so good to be home
When did you return? Perhaps it is a bit like breaking up with an old girlfriend and meeting years later and wondering "why did we ever break up????", then after a few weeks or months remembering exactly why you did.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedpraise10 View Post
Most of the speakers, tech crew & all UPCI leaders reside in St. Louis. This will be a huge money saver since they (UPCI) doesn't have to pay for airfair. Now granted they have to still pay for hotel expenses.

Couldn't the UPCI set up some kind of contract with the city of St. Louis to possibly get lower costs all together. Since we know that St. Louis will be the permanent home of the annual General Conference, I'm sure they'll sign some kind of contract with the Edward Jones Dome and America's Center (location of conference), and local hotels.

Another aspect of this may be the declining of attendance in recent years. I'm not sure what has caused it, perhaps the implemented registration costs for the conference. It really is kind of pricey for the quality of the conference services. Or it could be the amount of offerings they take up during the conference. I personally know of people the got up and left because of this. Maybe moving the conference the STL, it being centrally located, will raise attendance. Just a thought..
Typical Americans, want everything for free, like it does not cost anyone anything.

I would be under the assumption that they would have it there permanently for two reason.
1) Central location
2) Long term contract with the Arena, hotels and such.

Nothing more, and nothing less then that.