Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:25 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post

Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory!!!
This picture actually looks scary!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
This picture actually looks scary!
It looks like a penguin.....
Old 05-22-2007, 03:26 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyHis View Post
I am 47 years old, and have never touched scissors to my hair. Does that make me 'Super Christian"? Not by a loong shot. I keep my hair uncut out of respect for my dadd and his ministry, and for the pastor's that I sat under, and out of obedience to my husband.

I do not think it gives me more power than anyone else, and neither do I look on in awe at a lady with loooong tresses dragging the floor, or getting caught in her legs as she walks. Most long-haired women that I know wear it wadded up in a knot on her neck-MOST unbecoming, I might add.

When I see that mass of hair, I do NOT think,"OH, what GLORY." I think, "My oh, my- what a burden for her. Poor thing".

Let's face it- long hair is cumbersome and a burden. It's a pain to wash, a pain to curl, and a pain to fix...it has caused me to shed many tears over the years.

I don't know of many Apostolic women that comb the knots out of their hair,and praise God the whole time they are combing...LOL

If your Dad and Husband gave you the OK would you consider cutting your hair?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutless View Post
My wife does not cut her hair strictly out of obedience to the rule over her.

I wonder if she would rub it on my bat before the game if it would help.
The statement rings loud... Rule
Old 05-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
I read this on someone's EC page.

Someone please tell me this doctrine isn't being preached all over the UPC still today.
This is an example of Anecdotal Evidence without much in the way of scriptural support, as such it's hard to argue with a person's testimony. I believe the person to be sincere.

You don't build or support doctrine on such evidence.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

I believe that it should be more than just obeying your husband or dad.It should be between you and God and a consecration as a result of relationship.
Although its good intentions to submit as the bible says it is I believe this is not enough.There should be a deep desire and dedication within your own heart.
I am not calling anyone a legalist who does not cut their hair because they feel its bible obedience but I am asking you to rethink your position as to where your heart is in this matter.Do you do it and all the other bible mandates and teaching out of love for the Saviour and a desire to dedicate and serve him or do you do it because its the only way to keep out of hell
and the judgement of men?I feel the Lord deserves more.We have been given the Holy Ghost.
No one will be holding your hand as you stand before Jesus on the last day.
My daughter has hair that is around her calves.Sorry Sister Felicity its not ugly as the picture you posted.That woman is homely hair or not.My daughter is beautiful with a dark complexion and long curly/wavy flowing hair.I do not make her grow it long.She does it out of heartfelt desire for many of the same reasons I do.
I feel that not enough teaching has gone forth in the church as far as personal dedications and love for God regarding scripture and such.It has
resulted in a group who keeps a set of laws rather than embraces the Word and does things out of love.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
I believe that it should be more than just obeying your husband or dad.It should be between you and God and a consecration as a result of relationship.
Although its good intentions to submit as the bible says it is I believe this is not enough.There should be a deep desire and dedication within your own heart.
I am not calling anyone a legalist who does not cut their hair because they feel its bible obedience but I am asking you to rethink your position as to where your heart is in this matter.Do you do it and all the other bible mandates and teaching out of love for the Saviour and a desire to dedicate and serve him or do you do it because its the only way to keep out of hell
and the judgement of men?I feel the Lord deserves more.We have been given the Holy Ghost.
No one will be holding your hand as you stand before Jesus on the last day.
My daughter has hair that is around her calves.Sorry Sister Felicity its not ugly as the picture you posted.That woman is homely hair or not.My daughter is beautiful with a dark complexion and long curly/wavy flowing hair.I do not make her grow it long.She does it out of heartfelt desire for many of the same reasons I do.
I feel that not enough teaching has gone forth in the church as far as personal dedications and love for God regarding scripture and such.It has
resulted in a group who keeps a set of laws rather than embraces the Word and does things out of love.

Thank you for this judgement call...*smile*

God bless you and yours...
Old 05-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Communion at AFF

Never fails, if things get boring around here, someone starts by presenting sour grapes then come all the tired innuendos and slaps on the back. That really takes a lot of talent, folks...

And for everyone who likes to dance with the devil, like, "Maybe it will help if my wife rubs her hair on my bat before the game," I haven't heard anything being preached or taught that this should be a proactive practice.

Grow up and graduate to the first grade...
Old 05-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Communion at AFF

Then, everyone who wasn't there at the meeting has a comment...typically ethicless

Who knows if the opening post was even word for word from the website?? Who knows if the post was a correct representatinon of the events??

Shoe leather doesn't taste very well, people
Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Invisible Thad

for you women who cut your hair, FINE, but you don't have to be so condesending to the ones who hold fast to the old time teaching. that's not right and you know it
Closed Thread