Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
I agree, PM...it is not the same, and I am older than you.

I remember the fellowship meetings and monthly youth rallies that everyone attended.

I was unsaved, but looked forward to those trips to the various churches.

The district meetings were held in the local churches instead of the camp ground and everyone attended.

Revials were two week events with Monday the only night off and everyone attended.

Friday night youth services were great and everyone attended.

We knew the pastors in the state because there was fellowship...not always agreement, yet there was fellowship.

Ahhhh, but that was yesterday...
Amen!!

I especially remember the fellowship meetings. They were well attended and for a young UPC girl a real highlight of the month. You got dressed up, met all the other young people in the state and had a great service as a bonus!

I remember the wonderful revivals; our fair city had a UPC and a PAW church and the church across the bridge was also PAW, but had a white pastor and a white congregation. Anyway , we all attended each others special services and it was multiculturalism at its finest ( before we knew it even existed) .

I don't long for the good old days, but whether we admit it or not the church has changed. UC or Lib ......it's in transition.

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 11-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anapko View Post
The new organization could be called the Corinthian Church. After all, Paul's gospel dealt with those same problems: " One says, I am of Paul, another says I am of Cephas, etc. " Good Post!

I agree!

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 11-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
Did you know that there are rumblings of overturning the 1993 Affirmation statement in the future once the ultra cons leave ???????
Don't ask me where i heard it or who told me- not giving that info. but there has been talk of eventually overturning the AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I told you all 4 years ago that a split was coming and many of you laughed and scoffed- well here it is and i'm the one laughing at the naysayers like CC and Painoman to name a few.

I just want to know what your opinions are. would this further destroy the UPC or help it ??

I pray that the AS will be overturned. IMO it is childish, divisive, and one one of the dumbest things ever perpetrated on the UPCI. The product of little, suspicious, controlling minds. It would bless the UPCI to get rid of it.

Last edited by Theophil; 11-23-2007 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 11-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophil View Post
I pray that the AS will be overturned. IMO it is childish, divisive, and one one of the dumbest things ever perpetrated on the UPCI. The product of little, suspicious minds.
amen...
Old 11-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Psalm 121

Thanks, so do you.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophil View Post
Thanks, so do you.

There have been resolutions in the past to do away with it that met with slim defeats...

The latest in SC i think about 3 years ago that offered an alternative plan, but the author of the resolution wasn't there to explain it fully on the floor, due to Hurricane Rita... I thought he had a good idea... But o well... Perhaps if there is an exodus, it can be done away with... Waste of money too...

Sounds like you know where it came from and so do I...

I am reminded of a quote I read years ago; "God called us to be fishers of men, not keepers of the aquarium."
Old 11-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor G View Post
There have been resolutions in the past to do away with it that met with slim defeats...

The latest in SC i think about 3 years ago that offered an alternative plan, but the author of the resolution wasn't there to explain it fully on the floor, due to Hurricane Rita... I thought he had a good idea... But o well... Perhaps if there is an exodus, it can be done away with... Waste of money too...

Sounds like you know where it came from and so do I...

I am reminded of a quote I read years ago; "God called us to be fishers of men, not keepers of the aquarium."
Let's get rid of it!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanas View Post
Resolution 4 will do nothing good for the UPC.

Repealing the affirmation is a non-issue. The application that must be signed for reinstatement is much more demanding than the Affirmation.

In the wake of the charges of being too liberal from the ultra-cons, the remaining UPC preachers will be out to prove that they are "holiness preachers." At least for a while the UPC will hear more, not less, standards preaching.

The UPC still forbids preachers having televisions, it still requires uncut hair, denies the existence of women's pants, and preaches a salvation message that excludes 99% of Christians from Heaven.

Don't fall for the Tulsa Tea Party's claims that the UPC has become liberal - that's a smoke screen - I have no idea what's behind the smoke, but it's smoke I smell.

Will you join a UPC church if they repeal the affirmation? If you won't be rushing out to join the nearest location, why would preachers rush to rejoin an organization that has not changed in any significant way?
While the UPC has within its articles the prohibition of licensed ministers having tv, this is not enforced in many districts. I would say that many simply overlook it. I know the TN district does.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Psalm 121

I personally know District Superintendants that have tv in their home, as well as licensed ministers. Why do people play games? Why can't we be real, and honest, and transparent? We would be more pleasing to God and have great revival.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkentsmith View Post
What is the purpose of an organization if its members are unwilling to affirm their beliefs....

Unless it is an org of people who have none.....

Of course the AS will be turned over.......

Along with anything else pertinent to the uniqueness of Pentecost the UPCI once held.....

Maybe the first thing to go will be the popularity of the mean looking pictures.