Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Worship.

Have you ever been in worship where you got so excited or felt the presence of God is such a special way that you responded in a way that is different than singing or clapping your hands?

Have you ever leaped for joy during worship or danced or ran the aisles?

If you have in the past, do you still do that every now and again?

If you still worship God in these ways from time to time, do you do it because your Pastor teaches that you should, or is it a willingly, freely, offered thing from you to God?

Do you demonstrate these types of worship even when you don't feel the presence of God, but just want to let him know that He is worthy of worship regardless of how you feel?

Do you worship God to get something from Him or do you worship God because worship is all about offering something unto Him and its not about you?

Do you believe that people that worship God in a demonstrative way are just out to get attention from others or do you think that they have made their minds up to just close their eyes and just worship God like its just them and Him?
Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls...
Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Re: Worship.

Great thread.......,good questions..........
Im just really coming to realize that worship is NOT about ME!!!
Its about Jesus....Period!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Not wrestling w/ flesh n blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldpaths View Post
Have you ever been in worship where you got so excited or felt the presence of God is such a special way that you responded in a way that is different than singing or clapping your hands?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
If you still worship God in these ways from time to time, do you do it because your Pastor teaches that you should, or is it a willingly, freely, offered thing from you to God?
Both.
Do you demonstrate these types of worship even when you don't feel the presence of God, but just want to let him know that He is worthy of worship regardless of how you feel?
Yes, but probably not as demostrative.
Do you worship God to get something from Him or do you worship God because worship is all about offering something unto Him and its not about you?
It's all about Him.. and creating an atmosphere for deliverance.
Do you believe that people that worship God in a demonstrative way are just out to get attention from others or do you think that they have made their minds up to just close their eyes and just worship God like its just them and Him?
Some people are probably fakes but most are sincere. It is not my business to judge someone's sincerity.

The gloves are off.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Not wrestling w/ flesh n blood

Smile Re: Worship.

We still roll in the aisles, run across top of pews, and get generally very loud, where I come from. We're just crazy drunk people on that New Wine.

All my heart, mind and strength.

I'd hate for sports fanatics to out praise me. Jesus is worth my all!!

IMO. if your hindered by "insincere" people you aren't truly sincere.

The gloves are off.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldpaths View Post
YES

YES

YES and YES

Yes my pastor teaches it but I do it willingly because I love God not because the pastor teaches it

YES

Do you worship God to get something from Him or do you worship God because worship is all about offering something unto Him and its not about you? Both, I want things from him but not the only reason I worship him. I worship God because he is worthy of my worship and praise. I also want him to really favor me too. See I tend to think that he will favor those that worship him even when they do not feel like it or want too. But then I think most humans are a bit selfish that way

I think some are but not all. Maybe even the majority is not out for attention. I do not necessarily think one must close their eyes to worship Him, could get you into a bit of trouble if you do in some cases.
=) BTW I also believe that we must worship Him in spirit and in truth. Afterall that is what He is looking for.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve p View Post

that is a lesson many still need to learn.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rutledge View Post
We still roll in the aisles, run across top of pews, and get generally very loud, where I come from. We're just crazy drunk people on that New Wine.

All my heart, mind and strength.

I'd hate for sports fanatics to out praise me. Jesus is worth my all!!

IMO. if your hindered by "insincere" people you aren't truly sincere.
AMEN!

If sinner sports "FANATICS" get get all excited about their idols and demonstrate that excitement in certain physical ways, then how much more the people that do KNOW their God.

He indeed is worthy!

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls...
Old 09-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
that is a lesson many still need to learn.
I'll admit that I could've learned that lesson sooner.

More blessed is it to give rather than to receive.

From the world we learn this selfish desire to just get, get, get - if it feels good, do it, because it is all about me fulfilling the lusts and the desires of my flesh. Self-gratification. A lot of the relationships/marriages of North America end in divorce because they get married for the wrong reason.

Therefore, now that I'm in the church, I don't want it to be about me consuming it upon my own lusts...

Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Imagine that, apostolics wanting to consume some things upon their own lusts.

He should have the preeminence among all things...

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

But interestingly enough, there are some apostolics who love to have the preeminence...

3Jn 1:9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.

I don't want to be like that.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:05 PM
of 9!! :)

Amen on the worship being all about and for, our Mighty God, Jesus Christ!!!

There will always be those who make fun of our styles of worship.........but......I really don't give a flippin hoot!!!! I'm gonna worship Him any way I want....any time I feel like it!!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve p View Post
Amen!
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.