Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Re: WPF-what now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I don't have the energy or desire to engage anymore but it is interesting to sit back and read the discussion going on. Reminds me that there is indeed nothing new under the sun as the same positions have been stated and rehashed for over a decade now on AFF and for much longer elsewhere. Doesn't mean it shouldn't still be happening as fresh discussions are always important but just noting that fact.

1ofthechosen reminds me pretty much in every post what I do not like about old time Pentecost and why I am so thankful to be out of it. Appreciate my heritage and the many good people who love God that are still in it but oh dear heavens could never go back.
I'm sorry to create dislike in you, and my posts make you that way. But, im just saying what I believe as you are. And thank you for the great compliment that I sound like Old Time Pentecost considering I'm only a 1st Genetation Apostolic!

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 06-07-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Praise the Lord
I'm sorry if my posts cause dislike in you to Brother. I'm just trying to speak forth what I believe. Him saying I sound like Old Time Pentecost was the biggest compliment this 1st generation Apostolic ever received!

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I'm sorry if my posts cause dislike in you to Brother. I'm just trying to speak forth what I believe. Him saying I sound like Old Time Pentecost was the biggest compliment this 1st generation Apostolic ever received!
No sir...I take no issue with your posts.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

so I have a friend in Indiana who's church just burnt down. Not sure all of the details. No one was hurt. The building is a total loss. My point is, they are in need of a place to worship while they try to rebuild. Interestingly enough, this Apostolic Oneness Pastor had 3 local churches of varying denominations (none of them Oneness or even Pentecostal) that offered him to hold services in their buildings FREE OF CHARGE. And I thought to myself, being the deep thinker that I am; would many of our Apostolic churches make the same offer if one of those "other" churches burnt down? Or would we in our doctrinal stance on truth, not allow those stinkin Trinitarians on our blessed platforms?

Most of what I'm saying his tongue in cheek, but the point remains.

God bless
Old 06-13-2018, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingDominion View Post
so I have a friend in Indiana who's church just burnt down. Not sure all of the details. No one was hurt. The building is a total loss. My point is, they are in need of a place to worship while they try to rebuild. Interestingly enough, this Apostolic Oneness Pastor had 3 local churches of varying denominations (none of them Oneness or even Pentecostal) that offered him to hold services in their buildings FREE OF CHARGE. And I thought to myself, being the deep thinker that I am; would many of our Apostolic churches make the same offer if one of those "other" churches burnt down? Or would we in our doctrinal stance on truth, not allow those stinkin Trinitarians on our blessed platforms?

God bless
thats a pretty good question and I wonder if we should consider whether or not God even desires their false doctrine to exist or would he rather it not existed. I vote for "its not the will of God that false doctrine exists". If thats the case then I sure wouldn't want to help them facilitate the spread of their doctrines. But thats just me.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

God bless
I think II John 1:10 would apply in this case.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think II John 1:10 would apply in this case.
ok, how about Mark 12:31

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

or how about 1 Corinthians 9:22

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
ok, how about Mark 12:31

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

or how about 1 Corinthians 9:22

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
Giving trinitarians a platform to preach their false doctrine is neither loving them nor saving them. I'm sure our house churchers could really jump on this. NT church meetings were typically house to house. The apostle's warning to not receive anyone into your house that was not preaching this gospel was not about sitting down and sharing a meal or entertaining a guest. It was about offering a platform, a preaching point to someone who was preaching a different Jesus and a different gospel. If you believe that trinitarians are representatives of the true church and the true message of salvation then by all means, do what ever you want to do to support their "ministry". If they are not representing Jesus and his church however, we err if we do ANYTHING to advance their cause. The two scriptures listed are good scriptures and to be followed. To use them as justification for supporting a trinitarian ministry is a gross misrepresentation of the text.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Giving trinitarians a platform to preach their false doctrine is neither loving them nor saving them. I'm sure our house churchers could really jump on this. NT church meetings were typically house to house. The apostle's warning to not receive anyone into your house that was not preaching this gospel was not about sitting down and sharing a meal or entertaining a guest. It was about offering a platform, a preaching point to someone who was preaching a different Jesus and a different gospel. If you believe that trinitarians are representatives of the true church and the true message of salvation then by all means, do what ever you want to do to support their "ministry". If they are not representing Jesus and his church however, we err if we do ANYTHING to advance their cause. The two scriptures listed are good scriptures and to be followed. To use them as justification for supporting a trinitarian ministry is a gross misrepresentation of the text.
who is your neighbor?
Old 06-14-2018, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

OT i would think the neighbor was another neighboring tribe of Israel someone who is a fellow Jew. Our neighbor defined by Jesus is the person who shows mercy to you when your in need or trouble.
Also means fellow-man, any other person.