Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Banned

Re: Gay Marriage: For or Against?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Robinson

Read the case of the first gay Episcopal priest.

He gets married and has kids. Not happy
Gets divorce
Mates with a gay Not happy so gets married
Comes out as a gay. Still no happiness.
Tries to fight to keep priest slot Still not happy

Many churches divided over this and leave the Episcopal groups.

He is successfull church splitter

Gene councils gay catholics. Not to repent but to start feeling good. Still no happiness.
Gene Robinson resorts to booze and drugs. He is still in pain.

Gays don't want to surrender.

Legalizing marriage for them will solve zero problems for them They are deluded as it says in Romans 1.

The next step after gay marrige is for gays to get pastors punished for calling it sin. And they still won't be happy.

Jesus is the answer. Gay marriage is not the answer.
Amen, Jesus is the answer. Not GOVERNMENT.

Notice your logic though. You want to use GOVERNMENT to control them... but you fear they will turn and use GOVERNMENT to control pastors. Why is it right when you use GOVERNMENT to control the private lives and practices of others... but not when they use GOVERNMENT to control our private lives and practices?

That's my point. GOVERNMENT is the factor that is the problem. If the GOVERNMENT didn't allow us to meddle in people's private lives and practices... we'd have fewer serious issues.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
Jesus saves. Your gay marriage agenda won't save a soul.

We are allowing liberty. You are trying to force your views on the people.

Gays want to use courts to dictate and force their agenda.
People are not that stupid.
Coadie... the conservative radicals and the gay radicals are going to destroy this nation. And it's peace loving citizens, both religious and irreligious that will suffer for it.

You and the gay radicals are two peas in the same pod. You both desire to use GOVERNMENT to enforce an agenda. I'm saying, let freedom ring. AND PREACH THE GOSPEL.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Banned

You're so terrified of gays.... but they are nothing compared to the terrors of an intrusive and imposing GOVERNMENT.

The answer isn't a GOVERNMENT that regulates our private lives and choices. In my opinion... Satan isn't so much for the gay agenda.... he simply hopes it terrifies us enough to empower GOVERNMENT to the point that he can try to destroy everyone.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
You need to study more about ancient cultures Coadie... more was going on than the gays of Sodom asking Lot out for dinner, drinks, and a good time.

You'll get no argument from me on that one.

That devil isn't fighting DOMA. He could care less. He's seen empires rise and fall. Our politics are just a way he entertains himself. Now... yes, Satan would like to persecute preachers that preach and hold to the truth. But instead of being cowards and trying to use GOVERNMENT to curtail the rights of private citizens... I say grant them liberty... and all the radicals to bring it on. When churches and pastors that communities know and revere are under assult for simply living what they believe... then it will be the gay radicals that look like fascists. They will loose traction in the public spot light. Their position will become a political liability. The Gospel will be news at eleven. Stories of good men being sued and in court over their religious beliefs will be news at eleven. It will work to our favor. The church always prospers under social tension.

Coadie, this is the NT. God is out to save all sinners. All sinners. There is only one unforgiveable sin.

[/B]

Apparently he doesn't reign in your eyes if DOMA falls. What you said above indicates that if DOMA falls, Satan wins. lol

LIBERTY Coadie. Liberty. GOVERNMENT isn't the answer to this problem. In fact, GOVERNMENT is part of the problem.

But they won't realize that marriage isn't the answer until they've tried it and it's found hollow. Give it to them, the majority will realize "marriage" doesn't change the way they feel inside.

Yes Coadie... the "people" wanted to use the POLICE POWER OF GOVERNMENT to control the private choices of other Americans. That's the point. That's a clear example of abusing the power of GOVERNMENT. We're becoming GOVERNMENT worshipers.

No one is saying it will. But sin has to run it's course to break the spirit of the sinner. We're blocking the process. Let them go and find out that marriage will not deliver from bondage and pain. Allow them have expended all efforts accept to turn to Jesus.
Aquila, you need to take a psych class.

The industry has given up on repairing gays that want deliverance because it is a sin problem. Secular approaches do not work.
Homosexual issues are a huge sector in the counseling business. It is a cash cow. Homosexuality is most often co morbid with other illnessses. In simple talk, there are usually two illnesses not just one paraphilia.

There are no biological or social arguuments that support changing marriage laws.

How are things going for Gene Robinson? What does he have that needs to be available in all states?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

Coadie... you need to regain a healthy fear of GOVERNMENT. Love your country, but fear your GOVERNMENT. The gays are the last thing we have to worry about right now. We have the GOVERNMENT increasingly using x-ray vans around cities taking note and inventory of us, our families, our homes, our churches, and our businesses. And you want to give them MORE power over the private choices citizens make? You're loosing your mind.

You're playing into the lie that the GOVERNMENT is the answer and that GOVERNMENT can solve our social problems. Our Founders wanted LIBERTY. And we need to take a stand for LIBERTY... even if men use that liberty to commit sin. At that point, the GOSPEL not the GOVERNMENT is the answer.

Last edited by Aquila; 11-17-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
You're so terrified of gays.... but they are nothing compared to the terrors of an intrusive and imposing GOVERNMENT.

The answer isn't a GOVERNMENT that regulates our private lives and choices. In my opinion... Satan isn't so much for the gay agenda.... he simply hopes it terrifies us enough to empower GOVERNMENT to the point that he can try to destroy everyone.
Not terrified in the least. That was a lie on your part.
The nesxt gay lie you refer to is privacy.

That is the big lie from the gays. They used it to defeat sodomy laws. The diseases are not defeated. The big lie on privacy still doesn't let gays have sex with minors. If privacy is so important, how could the gubment find out?

Selling LSD is not protected by privacy rights. Hope it never will be. Bank embezzlement is not protected by privacy laws.

Most gay advocates have some fear of non acceptance that rules their deviant agenda. Gays think they willl be validated and accepted by society if they can show as married. Their advocates think they can gain acceptance if they push for advocating gay marriage.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Banned

I want the GOVERNMENT out of my church, my pocket, my business, and my bedroom. And I don't want it in anyone else's church, pocket, business, or bedroom.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Coadie... you need to regain a healthy fear of GOVERNMENT. Love your country, but fear your GOVERNMENT. The gays are the last thing we have to worry about right now. We have the GOVERNMENT increasingly using x-ray vans around cities taking note and inventory of us, our families, our homes, our churches, and our businesses. And you want to give them MORE power over the private choices citizens make? You're loosing your mind.

You're playing into the lie that the GOVERNMENT is the answer and that GOVERNMENT can solve our social problems. Our Founders wanted LIBERTY. And we need to take a stand for LIBERTY... even if men use that liberty to commit sin. At that point, the GOSPEL not the GOVERNMENT is the answer.
You are doing what you accuse me of. You are under the lie and delusion that gay marriage enforced by government will benefit society.

But you haven't given an example.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I want the GOVERNMENT out of my church, my pocket, my business, and my bedroom. And I don't want it in anyone else's church, pocket, business, or bedroom.
Then why are you pushing the gay agenda? Trying to force people that voted for DOMA to be over rulled?

That is tyranny and the people fired the judges in Iowa over it.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

1KINGS 15:11 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father.

1KINGS 15:12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

They are after our children.
Loving parents want to protect their kids.