Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Is Jesus Christ The Man Jesus Christ Now ?

We know that Jesus Christ was God manifested in Human Flesh ,He was The Only Begotten Son Of God.
We know that He was crucified on the cross ,and He was buried and rose again the third day.
He arose bodily and ascended into Heaven so does Jesus Christ possess a Human body now ?
Some statements of faith ,read like this they say we believe Jesus Christ is both God and Man ,The God Man or something to that effect so is Jesus Christ the man Christ Jesus now Since He has a Spiritual Body now ?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Yes.

The MAN Chirst Jesus IS, present tense, mediator.

He is a man just as we will be in our glorified states. We shall be like Him as He presently is.

Quote:
1Ti 2:5 KJV For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1Jo 3:2 KJV Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

Jesus is a man but NOT fully man.

45: And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46: Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47: The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48: As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49: And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 1 Cor. 15:45-49

There is a difference between the earthly and the heavenly man.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
We know that Jesus Christ was God manifested in Human Flesh ,He was The Only Begotten Son Of God.
We know that He was crucified on the cross ,and He was buried and rose again the third day.
He arose bodily and ascended into Heaven so does Jesus Christ possess a Human body now ?
Some statements of faith ,read like this they say we believe Jesus Christ is both God and Man ,The God Man or something to that effect so is Jesus Christ the man Christ Jesus now Since He has a Spiritual Body now ?
He possesses a glorified Human body now

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

He is an extraordinary MAN. He is man like this being from the Tanakh was man.

5: Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
6: His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude. Dan. 10:5-6

A man? Yes but different from other men.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Yes.

The MAN Chirst Jesus IS, present tense, mediator.

He is a man just as we will be in our glorified states. We shall be like Him as He presently is.
Bro. Blume,

Do you not believe that His mediation is in the perpetuity of the work of the cross rather than in some actual present tense mediation going on between the flesh and the Spirit of God?

I do not believe for one second that the man Christ Jesus is running around glory interceding for me. I think his intercession was accomplished at the Cross and He is now God Almighty my redeemer and savior.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Bro. Blume,

Do you not believe that His mediation is in the perpetuity of the work of the cross rather than in some actual present tense mediation going on between the flesh and the Spirit of God?
No I do not. I say this because we distinctly reasd he ever liveth TO MAKE INTERCESSION for the saints. It does not say He ever liveth AFTER HE MADE intercession.

I believe He actually sits there as mediator right now and until all enemies are under his feet, when death is destroyed. The aspect of sitting til all enemies are under his feet was a present day reality to Paul, while Paul was saved long after the cross.

Quote:
Heb 7:24-27 KJV But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. (25) Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. (26) For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; (27) Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
HE HAS an uncheangeable preisthood, NOT HAD as if it was past tense.

Although the cross occurred once and for all, He continues to intercede as high priest. Since intercession is mentioned explicitly as something occuring due to His ever living state, contrasted with the old testament priests who died and ended their ministries, I see a continuing intercession and priesthood.

I also believe He is STILL FULLY MAN AND FULLY GOD. Simply because He has glorified flesh, does not mean he is not still fully man. He is simply fully man as God created man to be... without death, as we shall be.

Quote:
I do not believe for one second that the man Christ Jesus is running around glory interceding for me.
Well, we have to disagree here too. He is seated (not running around - ) making intercession for me! Present tense.

Quote:
I think his intercession was accomplished at the Cross and He is now God Almighty my redeemer and savior.
I disagree his intercession was finished at the cross. He BEGAN intercession as PRIEST AFTER the cross. He is STILL making intercession. Otherwise we would not read "He ever liveth TO MAKE INTERCESSION for us". The point of Hebrews is to teach that He does not exchange positions with anotehr as in the days of old. He continues always. He is PRIEST UPON HIS THRONE.

He never even entered the most holy place TIL AFTER THE CROSS when He presented His blood. How could he be high priest while ON the cross?

He is God almighty and redeemer and saviour, BUT ALSO HIGH PRIEST Still.

Quote:
Zec 6:13 KJV Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
If He sat on the throne after His priesthood was done, we would not read HE IS "PRIEST UPON HIS THRONE".

Notice the COUNSEL OF HIS PEACE SHALL BE BETWEEN THEM BOTH. Mediator!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Here are my thoughts about the issue and how He is still indeed our High Priest and will be until one day in the future when it's all said and done.

The Book of Hebrews is the source for all information about this issue. The third verse in the entire book lays it out clearly.

Quote:
Heb 1:1-3 KJVR God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, (2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; (3) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
His work of purging our sins is clearly involving His High Priestly duties. But it is easy to miss the fact that the second portion of the issue is not recognized as High Priestly duties as well.

Quote:
...sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
All of this can only be understood in light of the truth regarding His priesthood after the order of Melchisedek.

Melchisedek was a perfect type of Jesus' present ministry as High Priest, whereas Aaron's Priesthood simply fell short. Aaron only particpated in purging of sins, albeit only for a yeat, in atonement. But Aaron died, and Aaron's priesthood ended. However, Christ is foreshdaowed more perfectly by Melchisedek.

Melchisedek was both king and priest at the same time. Zechariah foretold Christ's ministry as Priest WHILE SITTING ON THE THRONE.

Quote:
Zec 6:13 KJVR Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Hebrews said that Christ purged our sins and sat down on the throne of majesty on high. This is referring to His Priesthood after the Order of Melchisedek. There is no record of Melchisedek's death, nor genealogy, when genealogy was EVERYTHING in Aaron's Levitical priesthood.

Quote:
Heb 7:1-3 KJVR For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; (2) To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; (3) Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Since Christ continues past death in priesthood, Aaron's priesthood fails to typify Him. Aaron's poresthood could only bring redemption and continue until Aaron's death, but Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us!

Quote:
Heb 7:25 KJVR Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Melchisedek's lack of record of death is a type of Christ's never ending priesthood. Christ EVER LIVETH in ORDER TO MAKE INTERCESSION. His intercession was not solely through his death! It CONTINUES ON today! But it is not for redemption, since that is already our's. He intercedes now, and is High Priest on the throne NOW, for victory in day to day living AFTER we are saved.

People WHO COME TO HIM NOW are able to be saved to the uttermost BECAUSE HE LIVES NOW AS INTERCESSOR for them. If He was only intercessor for them at his death, we would not read of Him EVER living to make intercession, and we would not read that this is the reason people who COME TO HIM NOW can be saved to the uttermost!

If the priesthood never ends, then we cannot say it stopped at Calvary and only its effects continue.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:55 AM
HART2HART

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
No I do not. I say this because we distinctly reasd he ever liveth TO MAKE INTERCESSION for the saints. It does not say He ever liveth AFTER HE MADE intercession.

I believe He actually sits there as mediator right now and until all enemies are under his feet, when death is destroyed. The aspect of sitting til all enemies are under his feet was a present day reality to Paul, while Paul was saved long after the cross.

HE HAS an uncheangeable preisthood, NOT HAD as if it was past tense.

Although the cross occurred once and for all, He continues to intercede as high priest. Since intercession is mentioned explicitly as something occuring due to His ever living state, contrasted with the old testament priests who died and ended their ministries, I see a continuing intercession and priesthood.

I also believe He is STILL FULLY MAN AND FULLY GOD. Simply because He has glorified flesh, does not mean he is not still fully man. He is simply fully man as God created man to be... without death, as we shall be.

Well, we have to disagree here too. He is seated making intercession for me! Present tense.

I disagree his intercession was finished at the cross. He BEGAN intercession as PRIEST AFTER the cross. He is STILL making intercession. Otherwise we would not read "He ever liveth TO MAKE INTERCESSION for us". The point of Hebrews is to teach that He does not exchange positions with anotehr as in the days of old. He continues always. He is PRIEST UPON HIS THRONE.

He is God almighty and redeemer and saviour, BUT ALSO HIGH PRIEST Still.

If He sat on the throne after His priesthood was done, we would not read HE IS "PRIEST UPON HIS THRONE".

Notice the COUNSEL OF HIS PEACE SHALL BE BETWEEN THEM BOTH. Mediator!
Brother Blume, Even though you have left the faith I appreciate your work and studious endevors. God bless You.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Bro Jones, bear with me as I describe why I say this.. I love this issue. Hebrews is one of my favourite books of the bible.

Jesus does a work in heaven since He did a work on the cross. Hebrews elucidates on those two works.

Saving us to the uttermost is going FAR PAST salvation from sin. It is saving us to such a degree that we overcome sin everyday of our lives! And we read at the end of Hebrews 6 how Jesus has entered for us into the holiest, past the veil, as forerunner. He is in there now, seated as King and High Priest. And when we truly believe Him for all He is there for us to experience, we have this victory over sin. And that is spiritually saying we entered with Him into the Holiest. Having total victory, so as not to turn back, as many of the Hebrews had, and others were in danger of doing, is spiritually called dwelling in the most holy place.

Quote:
Heb 6:18-20 KJV That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: (19) Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; (20) Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
His work on the earth on the cross in death and resurrection was a priestly work similar to Aaron's Levitical priesthood. But the present priestly ministry beyond the veil, seated in the holiest of holies is a work foreshadowed by the Melchisedek Priesthood. It is not a ministry to purge us from sins, since that is already done. It is a ministry to lift us to absolute victory NOW.

It seems people only know about the PAST and the FUTURE, but not the NOW. In the past we were purged from sins. In the future we shall be taken to heaven with the Lord. BUT WHAT ABOUT NOW???? That is virtually unknown. The most anyone thinks of NOW is to save souls, and that is awesome. But there is more victory for our personal lives, so we are not in danger of falling back and so forth. THIS present victory is only achieved, though, if we can learn about the Melchisedek priesthood of NOW in Christ, and experience the empowerment for which He is making intercession for us now.

Again, it is not a priesthood to purge us from sins, since that is done. It is to give us total victory NOW before we leave this world for glory.