Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-22-2018, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

Re: Are Trinitarians Saved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
Again, I previously asked you for the proper view if the Father or the Son represent the one Jehovah. You never answered. If I am willing to read your college treatise, you could at least answer the question.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Which version of the trinity are you speaking of? There are so many. Which one is correct?
You're slippery. I have already defined the trinity in this thread as the triune Jehovah, three indivisible subsistences in one, equal in esscence, identical in power and glory. You really don't deserve a response if you are going to be facetious. I see the Venn diagram.

See the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession, 1693 (Keach's) Catechism as well as Gadsby's Catechism for the summation of my doctrinal beliefs; I do not maintain filiation and spiration. I emphatically hold to all Five Solas also the Scriptural Law of Worship.

Gmchristianbooks.com
Old 03-22-2018, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You're slippery. I have already defined the trinity in this thread as the triune Jehovah, three indivisible subsistences in one, equal in esscence, identical in power and glory. You really don't deserve a response if you are going to be facetious. I see the Venn diagram.
You are running from the fact that there are dozens of versions of the Trinity doctrine. Why should I assume yours is the correct one?
Old 03-22-2018, 06:28 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originalist and Buckeye --

You can be passionate in your beliefs, but I ask you what baptism has to do with we Trinitarians being saved or lost insofar as Trinitarianism is concerned. The question was not about baptism but Trinitarianism.
Strict Baptist

Oneness believes the One true God who is Spirit has manifested in the Flesh as Jesus (Jehovah Salvation).

If you don't see Jesus as God manifest in the flesh, they you won't see the need to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Because you won't see that the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost is Jesus.

Baptism in Jesus name is for the remission of Sins. Acts 2:28, Hebrews 9:22

The Blood of Jesus was shed for the remission of sins, God purchased the church with his own blood.

Acts 20:28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I got your mirror. Here ya go.

2 Timothy 3:12
... evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Your way of thinking will only lead to other "invocations" in water baptism being biblically sound and you would be wrong. I am NOT fighting an imaginary anything. I also know our battle is not against flesh and blood. Being that rabid coons are flesh and blood, my battle isn't against you. My battle is against the spirit of COMPROMISE you represent.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Yeah, I got your mirror. Here ya go.

2 Timothy 3:12
... evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Your way of thinking will only lead to other "invocations" in water baptism being biblically sound and you would be wrong. I am NOT fighting an imaginary anything. I also know our battle is not against flesh and blood. Being that rabid coons are flesh and blood, my battle isn't against you. My battle is against the spirit of COMPROMISE you represent.

What's sad is that you really believe I'm advocating an invocation that leaves out Jesus. You are reading that into my posts because I've never advocated such. You simply do not have the temperament to have normal dialog because you spiritualize this false accusation of compromise. Clarification is not compromise.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
What's sad is that you really believe I'm advocating an invocation that leaves out Jesus. You are reading that into my posts because I've never advocated such. You simply do not have the temperament to have normal dialog because you spiritualize this false accusation of compromise. Clarification is not compromise.
No. What is sad or evil is that your logic opens the door to other "invocations" to be used because, in your words, "what the baptizer says doesn't matter anyway." The error you are spreading demands confrontation.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
No. What is sad or evil is that your logic opens the door to other "invocations" to be used because, in your words, "what the baptizer says doesn't matter anyway." The error you are spreading demands confrontation.

You are willfully bearing false witness. My view will actually cement the use of the vocal invocation of the name Jesus in baptism much more than most teaching on the subject that typically comes from Oneness circles. But you are so superior that you have it all figured out. You spiritualize not giving someone the benefit of the doubt by claiming your "discernment". You are acting quite irrational.

Quote:
because, in your words, "what the baptizer says doesn't matter anyway."
Would you mind quoting me on that?
Old 03-22-2018, 07:09 PM
Covenant Apostolic

I feel sorry for Strict Baptist trying to make sense out of the confusion in this thread.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I feel sorry for Strict Baptist trying to make sense out of the confusion in this thread.
He was already confused before he got here. If anything, he will see we are not all cookie-cutter, and the some of us actually have reasoning ability rather than parroting everything our pastors say.