Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-25-2018, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Re: Holiness - Pastor Woodward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
NO
Yes. That is solid bible. To compare what woman should do and men not do. Otherwise, the comparison is irrelevant. Explain, don't just say no, otherwise.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-26-2018, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Yes. That is solid bible. To compare what woman should do and men not do. Otherwise, the comparison is irrelevant. Explain, don't just say no, otherwise.
If your trying to make the point that a man can let his hair grow down his back and simply cut or trim but keep it long is ok because he trimmed it so its considered short, the same as a woman's hair would be considered short is not "solid bible." the rules are different for men and women.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

If your trying to make the point that a man can let his hair grow down his back and simply cut or trim but keep it long is ok because he trimmed it so its considered short, the same as a woman's hair would be considered short is not "solid bible." the rules are different for men and women.
I'm not trying anything. I don't believe men should have hair down their backs. But you're wrong in what is Bible and what is not. The rules that are different are men not to have what women have. You added to the word and went beyond what it stated for men and women.

And you're too traditionalized to see it.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-26-2018, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I'm not trying anything. I don't believe men should have hair down their backs. But you're wrong in what is Bible and what is not. The rules that are different are men not to have what women have. You added to the word and went beyond what it stated for men and women.

And you're too traditionalized to see it.
please state where I added to the word.
also show me where Im too traditionalized.

why the name calling?
Old 11-26-2018, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

please state where I added to the word.
also show me where Im too traditionalized.

why the name calling?
Accusing someone of being Traditionalized is not name-calling. Nothing personal.

You added more than what the word said about what a man should do and what a woman should do.

All that it actually says is that a woman should "have long hair," and a man shouldn't.

You added the thought that the phrase "have long hair" for a man is different than what "have long hair" is for a woman, and the text says no such thing.

Since the Bible doesn't say that, only tradition could add that, so it shows Traditionalization.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=mfblume;1554756]Accusing someone of being Traditionalized is not name-calling. Nothing personal.

You added more than what the word said about what a man should do and what a woman should do.

All that it actually says is that a woman should "have long hair," and a man shouldn't.

You added the thought that the phrase "have long hair" for a man is different than what "have long hair" is for a woman, and the text says no such thing.
I ADDED THE THOUGHT? GOOD ONE!
Since the Bible doesn't say that, only tradition could add that, so it shows Traditionalization.[/QUOTE

funny statement.
using your logic when you say "All that it actually says is that a woman should "have long hair," and a man shouldn't" since that is not (all) it actually says I guess you are taking away from the word of God...
silly right its the whole mote and beam thing.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Show us why a man having long hair is different than a woman having long hair according to the actual text. What's in the text that tells you that?

Why does the phrase "HAVE LONG HAIR" not allow trimming it for women, but "HAVE LONG HAIR" includes trimming it for men?

Last edited by mfblume; 11-26-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

I wonder what the results would be if more churches spent as much effort on ensuring obedience in the areas of childhood education, "dating" and marriage, and understanding government's proper role, as they do on hair and clothing?

Well, one can dream, anyway.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I wonder what the results would be if more churches spent as much effort on ensuring obedience in the areas of childhood education, "dating" and marriage, and understanding government's proper role, as they do on hair and clothing?

Amen.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:22 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

HAIR IS MORE IMPORTANT!