Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL
Re: Bishop Alvearīs party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Crime is something else...
It is just getting worse. Here in Phoenix it has really gone up. We have so much drugs and killings are almost daily. Kidnappings here has caused Phoenix to become the kidnap capital of America. Great title to hold isn't it?

We are still pretty close to the border and the drug wars going on just inside Mexico between the drug lords there has become horrific. Makes me think I can almost live anywhere and have the same risks as here.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Sister Alvear

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Sister Alvear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
lol That is sooooo mean. Mike Lee is a good friend to my older brother. His church is doing really well. At least it was the last I knew. They had built a beatiful new building outside of town headed to Columbus. Not large but very nice.
I was at Mikeīs church a few years ago...they are so sweet...I have been to Mike Phillips church too. Lots of memories from Newark...

Old 09-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Crazy father of 4

Quote:
I was at Mikeīs church a few years ago...they are so sweet...I have been to Mike Phillips church too. Lots of memories from Newark...
I love Mike Phillips. He is a really good guy. I have not seen him in several years. They are over in Texas.
Lots of history with them all. Of course I am several years younger than all of them.
Did you know Gene and Pauline Waters?

Old 09-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Sister Alvear

yes, a long time ago...

Old 09-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Crazy father of 4

Quote:
yes, a long time ago...
She is my cousin. My dad and her dad were brothers. not that I am overly excited about it but I figured if you knew the Lee's you might know them also.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Sister Alvear

Actually we live in a small world!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Christmas 2009

Great party!!! I'm glad you surprised him; I know that had to be fun. Your people love to have a good time.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Sister Alvear

He is still shocked that we surprized him...

Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Sister Alvear

Tonight we baptized 26 people. 23 were from the city of Sao Miguel where Brother Manuel is the pastor. Brother Alvear and Pastor Moses have been going over there helping Brother Manuel and since this was his first baptismal service he was so excited and we were as excited for them. Sao Miguel is a daughter work of our church here in Maceio. We built this church from ground up in fact our son Arlei was the first pastor there. About 2 years ago we baptized another trinity church in Jesus Name. Several times during our years as missionaries God has used us or some of our preachers to baptize trinity churches in the precious Name of Jesus.
Brother Alvear gave them Bible studies and working together God brought these new people plus others to know Him in a greater way last night.
This week we are putting in the floor of the Messias Church. We baptized a brother from there also and have a group that is coming on a regular basis.
Another couple that is well known in the world of music and dance from a brand new village is coming to our headquarters church. Last night they told us they want to serve the Lord.
Lately we have spent a lot helping reach out into different places all over Brazil.
We are thankful for a new couple from the states that are coming to help us. He grew up on the mission field, son of life time missionaries and his family is all involved in missions. His wife I have known many, many years. We have been praying for more hands on the field...not just adventurers BUT REAL GOD CALLED, heaven sent missionaries. We are told that for every 50 that volunteer for mission work only one makes it as a lifetime missionary.
That may seem strange but unless you have been to the field and understand all the complex problems of a mission field it is hard to understand.
Getting out and really doing a work and proving your calling is the hardest part of all. Moving to an area where you know no one and taking a leap in the darkness by faith is far beyond the grasp of most.
We are thankful for our children that work in the fields in anyway. However I know that two of them are really called for they are out on their own…Raul Jr and Arlei are out on the front lines. We have such admiration for our son Arlei that moved to the jungle area at the call of God. God is blessing them and souls are coming to the Lord.
Another Young person that has proved his calling is Brother Ryan Thompson. He has matured into a wonderful missionary. It was not easy. We saw him move to a city with no car and start a work. We did give him a tiny building a handful of people but in the face of the humongous task he faced that was really nothing…years have passed…several churches have been built and we are blessed to see him and his family as a product of someone we helped along the way. He was in a new area Saturday where well over a hundred people stood out in the rain and listened to the gospel message.
A national we are training to be a missionary is Pastor Hugo. He and his wife have worked faithfully by our side going into many areas of Brazil and over into Paraguay.
We are helping Brother Chad and Sister Rebecca and we are watching them mature and hoping that soon they will step out on their own.
We have several young couples from different areas of Brazil that are in training…Pastor Milton and Sister Jane is in the state of Ceara working full speed ahead. We are praying for their ministry they moved from south Brazil to the northeast by faith to be missionaries.
This is what God wants in this last hour we are living in…sold out people…
It is easy to talk…criticize, run down and bring doubt BUT to be in the heat of the Real battle is something else…to faith in the money for buildings, help for pastors, Bibles, projects…and even paying a bus to bring in the people is a real act of courageous faith.
I have found out as a missionary of over 40 years that talk is cheap…but dancing to the music on the field is another story. The intense spiritual battles we face leave us drained as we fight a real spiritual battle for every soul.
In the state of Minas we are finishing building the church at Sao Joao Batista da Gloria.
In Bahia we lack the roof on a new church we are building in that state. The church in Fronteiras too lacks the roof…that is the most expensive part. Besides these there are other buildings we are helping build…so the load is heavy but greater is the burden of Godīs people.
Never in all our ministry have we had so many e mails, PMīs, letters of love and support.
Blessings to you faithful mission lovers.