Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Re: For those who think Jesus is not a man any lon

Hmmmm...

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-11-2020, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

One would think that this thread had COVID-19, or something.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-14-2020, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Well, it's obvious by now that we're not going to get any responses from those who claim there is no humanity intact any more in the SON OF GOD and that Jesus is not a man and still human while God at the same time.

But I have to say that all of that bravado language used to mock us as though we are TWOSEES and not true oneness looks pretty silly when the same people will not so much as respond to laid-out detailed explanations as to why we believe what we do. Where's the bravado now? Where are the bold and strong responses to these explanations?

(sigh)

Old 05-15-2020, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

I just spoke to a brother on Facebook who also believes there is not a MAN ruling from the throne in Heaven.

This brother felt that Jesus, like these men, came on the day of Pentecost and already put all enemies beneath his feet, namely death having been put under at His resurrection. And then he said that the enemies of Jesus were the Jews in the first century, and they were destroyed and put under His feet in AD70.

I said there is a huge problem with that. If death was defeated at Christ's resurrection, and the enemies of Jesus in the first century were Jews whom he destroyed in AD70, then death was defeated before the Jews were, and Paul said that death is the LAST ENEMY to be defeated. But he felt the Jews were the last enemy defeated.

So, I realize something about these sort of brethren. They get an idea of some spiritual picture of Jesus coming on the day of Pentecost, and the body of Christ not personally existing for Jesus with his own arms and legs and say it's the church alone (I say it's both), and there is always an arrogance with it. They feel they are thinking more spiritually than we are. This brother did the same thing that we have seen here with that sort of arrogance. And not a one of them realizes that SPIRITUAL does not mean non-physical, and that many spiritual things were quite physical--- read 1 Cor 10!

Meanwhile, THEY DO NOT STUDY THE DETAILS CAREFULLY THAT ARE RELATED TO THE ISSUE, AND ACTUALLY CONTRADICT WHAT THE DETAILS ARE SAYING ABOUT IT! This brother never stopped to consider death is the LAST enemy. He never stopped to consider The FATHER spoke to the SON to sit down at the right hand, and never stopped to learn that RIGHT-HAND means POWER and not a physical position beside anyone. So, they jump to fanciful conclusions of arrogant imaginations without learning all the many details of the issue that ar provided right there for us in scripture.

Paul put the defeat of death IN HIS FUTURE in relation to our resurrection. But these guys also did not notice that RESURRECTION is when something that lived dies, and is made to live a second time. We've seen that oversight here on this forum among these people. Nothing in their view has lived, dies and will live again. So, they do not even BELIEVE there is a resurrection for us, though they claim they do.

They just miss all the details!

After I explained the issue of death being the last enemy and how that contradicts his view of Jews defeated after death's defeat, he suddenly became silent after posting post after post on my facebook page about it. SOUND FAMILIAR?

Last edited by mfblume; 05-15-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Most people don't care about truth, they only care about their own fancy ideas.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-16-2020, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Most people don't care about truth, they only care about their own fancy ideas.
Agreed. Just to be different for difference's sake.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

"Sigh", Blume, Esaias,

Having explained the spiritual view over and over, and over and over it goes over your head, it finally gets to the point that it is not worth the effort to explain.

You explain things just like a trinitarian. They also don't move or listen. Why bother?

You are stuck on the physical, not being able to see the spiritual, why bother?

So have fun in your little world of the carnal and enjoy life. I am not going to fight with you two about this.

Esaias, you are so stuck on the physical that you still believe in a physical sabbath.
Blume, you are stuck on the physical even though it makes you believe in two.

Truly you two are the ones that it is spoken of, having eyes but cannot see, having ears but cannot hear.

TJJJ
Old 05-18-2020, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
"Sigh", Blume, Esaias,

Having explained the spiritual view over and over, and over and over it goes over your head, it finally gets to the point that it is not worth the effort to explain.
Sorry, bro you do not have a clue what spiritual even means since you claim it is non-physical. Carry on in arrogance.

Quote:

You explain things just like a trinitarian. They also don't move or listen. Why bother?
We don't move or listen? YOU do not move or LISTEN. Why bother? Why bother to actually DISCUSS? Why bother to ACTUALLY prove your case instead of drive-by shooting? You repeatedly were told what we actually beilieve after you misrepresented us over and over again. And at one point when you ACTUALLY read something we sad a few years ago, you stopped and said we have given you something to think about, truly. And you realized you were misrepresetning us because you finally took time to read what we actually said. And then you went silent. You then come back months and months later as if you forgot everything we corrected you regarding what we ACTUALLY BELIEVE and continue with the same misrepresentation as before. SHort term memory.

Quote:
You are stuck on the physical, not being able to see the spiritual, why bother?
There it is. No clue about what spiritual means. No cuue that many spiritual things were very physical.

You neither know a clue about oneness nor the meaning of spirituality, and are arrogant and self-assuring and totally afraid to discuss this since you simply don't knot the bible well enough. THE ONE time you actually read what we said and learned you had no clue what we believe is when you stopped and now it's like it never happened.

Quote:
So have fun in your little world of the carnal and enjoy life. I am not going to fight with you two about this.

Esaias, you are so stuck on the physical that you still believe in a physical sabbath.
Blume, you are stuck on the physical even though it makes you believe in two.

Truly you two are the ones that it is spoken of, having eyes but cannot see, having ears but cannot hear.

TJJJ
Typical non-response. When will you ever learn that spiritual is not non-physical?

Watch another potshot without any actual discussion.

Typical, oh so typical.

I will dig up the discussion where you ONCE read what we said and realized you were wrong about our views.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

TJJ, recall this? (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
May 11
Meanwhile, I repeated over and over again that I do not believe a physical body is sitting on a physical thorn in heaven, and you turn around and despite that, accuse me of saying there is a physical body in heaven. And you say I misrepresent you?
May 15 TJJJ says
Don't you know that Jesus the Christ is up there literally physically
May 15 mfblume:
Why do you talk like this as a dishonest man when I distinctly said over and over that there is no PHYSICAL body in heaven? and I just said recently and again today that the sacrifice is done but he is now interceding by pointing to that finished sacrifice?
May 15 mfblume:
YOU started this thing about a physical body in heaven. YOU. And you assumed that because he is coming back physically that must mean he is physically in heaven. I said that He does not have to physically be in heaven, and still be there, because there is evidence showing His body could materialize and dematerialize, explaining how it could be immaterial in heaven, and yet still be the body we shall see materially again.
May 16 mfblume:
I don't believe in a physical body in heaven.
May 16: TJJJ
So you have a physical Jesus interceding for the church to the Spiritual Jesus who sits on the throne?
May 17 TJJJ
How can there be a literal Christ in heaven, sitting at the right hand of the father as mediator and high priest , and not have a body?
May 17 mfblume
Please start reading.

I said Christ's body materialized and dematerialized after his resurrection. then I also said Angels are in heaven and yet come to earth in bodies.

you never answered that, and all your questions are answered by those Posts.
May 20: TJJJ
They are falling back to the old pharisical mindset of the literal physical.
May 20: mfblume
How many times must I say i believe heaven is not physical?
May 20 TJJJ
Now I understand why you must insist on the physical or literal body up THERE somewhere,
May 20 mfblume
Bro I told you DISTINCTLY I don't see a physical body in heaven. in fact I told you every time you accused me of this. so guess what. .. you're nuts. lol. you evidently are just typing things out of trolling spite.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Sorry, bro you do not have a clue what spiritual even means since you claim it is non-physical. Carry on in arrogance.

We don't move or listen? YOU do not move or LISTEN. Why bother? Why bother to actually DISCUSS? Why bother to ACTUALLY prove your case instead of drive-by shooting? You repeatedly were told what we actually beilieve after you misrepresented us over and over again. And at one point when you ACTUALLY read something we sad a few years ago, you stopped and said we have given you something to think about, truly. And you realized you were misrepresetning us because you finally took time to read what we actually said. And then you went silent. You then come back months and months later as if you forgot everything we corrected you regarding what we ACTUALLY BELIEVE and continue with the same misrepresentation as before. SHort term memory.

There it is. No clue about what spiritual means. No cuue that many spiritual things were very physical.

You neither know a clue about oneness nor the meaning of spirituality, and are arrogant and self-assuring and totally afraid to discuss this since you simply don't knot the bible well enough. THE ONE time you actually read what we said and learned you had no clue what we believe is when you stopped and now it's like it never happened.

Typical non-response. When will you ever learn that spiritual is not non-physical?

Watch another potshot without any actual discussion.

Typical, oh so typical.

I will dig up the discussion where you ONCE read what we said and realized you were wrong about our views.
Brother Blume,

Could you expound on the meaning of spiritual, as opposed to non-physical? Can you give examples of something being at once spiritual, and physical? I’ve read several times examples of you saying this, but I really don’t understand what you mean. You’ve probably explained this already, and I’ve missed it.

Thanks