Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2018, 06:46 AM
Sister Alvear

street boy

I have one of the street boys at my house...He said he has come to stay! Vitor for those that know him...He does have an mother that has lots of vices...His brother was murdered by a rival gang..another "supposed" brother was murdered...another . was beat and almost died...Yet Vitor received the Holy Ghost and we baptized him and just last Sunday night I was watching weeping during the service...thinking how different his destiny can be.

Other than the suit we bought him he has really no decent clothes...he brought a little "sack" with him...His mother has agreed for him to stay. I called the lawyer and she is going to make some kind of document for her to sign...We have told him he can stay 3 months to see if this is what he really wants. He cries and says it is. Then we will see from there.

I don't say much here but my friend Sherri Cupples can vouch for me ...I work in a very dangerous area where there are drug lords, gangs, counter-band and all kinds of things go on....

The Lord has been gracious to us for being faithful and we have the respect of even the most vile ones...We have driven in the area and they would have huge rocks to block people coming in or out but when they would see it was us they give the order...It's maw-maw and papaw ...stones are removed for us to get by and take food or whatever to whoever....If there is going to be gang wars...they tell us to leave...It is from this world that Vitor comes...He needs your PRAYERS more than anything. Of course if you would like to send him any help for clothes or what ever he would appreciate it. He is far behind in school because of lack of everything. The only thing he asked me for was to buy Him some books to help him learn...If I can I want to pay a teacher to help him catch up the best he can.

Will it last? I don't know...I hope so. We have worked with children all our lives on the mission field...some have made it...some are even pastors and work hard for the Lord...Of course some seemed to slip though our hands...but everyone that comes here always mentions Vitor...so different...so mannered...so kind...
He deserves a chance...with your help he might be a preacher tomorrow...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear