Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2018, 05:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Yeshuaism, Yahwist, יהוה vs נקניקיה

I was standing in the hall way entrance of a beach condominium I was doing construction on. When an individual heard me tell the desk manager "Praise the Lord in Jesus name." The individual commented to me that the there is no Jesus. I understand that within Palm, Broward, and Dade counties we are jam packed and full with all sorts of different cults, religions, and sects who believe all sorts of mythologies. So, I asked him, what did he mean, no Jesus?

He then went into his rant on how that Jesus isn't the name, but Yahshua is the name. How Yahweh is the name of the father, and Yahshua is the name of the son. I then asked him who told you this? I also asked him if he knew or spoke any Hebrew or Aramaic? He said no. I then asked then how do you even know if you are pronouncing it correctly? I asked him if the New Testament is written in Hebrew, or Aramaic? He agreed with me that it was written in Greek. I then asked if it is written in Greek, then where do you get that Jesus required or even cared that we call Him using a Hebrew, or Aramaic name? He then gave me the old line "what did Mary call Him?" I said Iesous. He then began to explain how Iesous, means Hail Zeus. I asked him to say Zeus in Greek. He replied Zeus, I told him that is incorrect. You are not saying Ζεύς which is phonetically pronounced zeffs. People tend to just take these word jumbles at face value, and never go any further because they want to believe in their Hebraisms for Jesus. I then told the individual that for over 2,000 years everyone has called Him Jesus in Christendom and Judaism? How does he account for the LXX calling the book of Joshua Ἰησοῦς? Why did Diaspora Judeans record Moses' second in command as Ἰησοῦς (which supposedly to him is "hail Zeus?") The individual went silent, he then took my number, and gave me his. I will meet with his group and see how receptive they are for what I have to say on the subject.