Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:34 PM
A Prince of the Gospel!

What an illegitimate question?

"Is God against..." is a dumb premise! If God be for us, who can be against us...

Please take this question to another forum without the intellect and perspectives this forum has!! ...No, go now!!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
One thing a genetic doctor told my wife and I after we discovered our son has a Genetic Medical condition called Fanconi Anemia.

Interracial couples have a lower rate of genetic disease in their childen by almost 90%.

Because the different races will not have the same defective genes.

So interracial marriages that prouce children have a better chance of having a clean genetic make up.

Those parents have almost no chance of having the same genetic defective recessive genes.

Such as my wife and I with our almost all Swedish backgrounds...
That is very interesting! I would like to look into this further (due to my profession) but it makes sense to me, what little I know about genetics.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
One thing a genetic doctor told my wife and I after we discovered our son has a Genetic Medical condition called Fanconi Anemia.

Interracial couples have a lower rate of genetic disease in their childen by almost 90%.

Because the different races will not have the same defective genes.

So interracial marriages that prouce children have a better chance of having a clean genetic make up.

Those parents have almost no chance of having the same genetic defective recessive genes.

Such as my wife and I with our almost all Swedish backgrounds...
Concerning FA, how is your son doing with that?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:42 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Concerning FA, how is your son doing with that?
Johnathan had a non-related doner BMT in 2004. He is doing well considering. Please take a moment and check out our website that follows his path to healing. It has been a road of miracles.

http://www.caringbridge.org/wi/johna...tadt/index.htm

God Bless,

Nathan Eckstadt
Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

The life is in the blood speaks the bible.

Not in the color of our skin.

It speaks about not being unequally yoked spiritually.

It is all summed up by Martin Luther King Jr.

A person should be judged by the content of their character not the color of their skin.

If God is against interracial marriage who does the multi-racial person marry?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:52 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Tell the preacher he is a racist and needs to repent.

the only thing God is agasint is anyone (including the french) marrying someone who is french. (by french i mean france not canadians or Louisianians)

Tell him to take of his pointed hood.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Don't forget folks Nathaniel Urshan and Jene Urshan were Interracially married.

His heritage being Assyrian from Iran her's being white.

Here is an account of his uncle: Who was also married to a white woman from Canada....

Benjamin D. Urshan, age 91, a resident of Albuquerque/Rio Rancho for 32 years, died October 21, 1998. Reverend Urshan was born in Abajaloo, Azerbaijan, in the nation of Iran, on October 28, 1906. He is survived by his loving wife, Alice Anita, married 66 years; daughter, Joy Tschawuschian of Corrales, NM; sons, David of Duluth, MN and Paul of Orlando, FL; nine grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. Reverend Urshan was preceded in death by five brothers, Andrew, Timothy, Joseph, Benjamin, and Josephus. He is also survived by many nieces and nephews. Reverend Urshan pastored several churches in Canada and the United States and served as a missionary to Iran for about two years. His final pastorate was with the Bethel United Pentecostal Church in Albuquerque, where he retired in 1983 after 16 and one-half years. After his pastoral retirement, he served on the United Pentecostal Church International Curriculum Committee for 14 years. Reverend Urshan was the author of"Survivor", a story of his life, having survived three massacres in his homeland during World War I. During a 22 day, 300 mile death march, about 1/ 3 of the 150,000 Assyrian refugees died. He had seen enough sickness and death to last several lifetimes. Included in this tragedy, was the fact he had to, as a young boy, bury his own father. Shortly thereafter, in 1918, with the help of two British soldiers, he was taken to an orphanage, later found by his step-mother, and taken to Kermanshah. With the help of his brother, Andrew, and after staying in Bombay India for a year, Reverend Urshan was sent to England where he was cared for by a fine English family, the Thompson's, where he stayed until 1923, receiving his education. He then journeyed to the U.S. where he stayed on Ellis Island for 35 days. Due to the limitation of the immigration quota, he returned to England. Later, he made the steamer trip back to Montreal, Canada, where he was admitted, and worked and studied with his brother, Andrew. In 1927, at the age of 21, he began his ministry throughout Canada, and eventually the U.S., where he met and married his wife, Alice. Reverend Urshan had touched the hearts and lives of many people in his lifetime as his life had been one of dedication to the service of God and to the good of mankind. He had been instrumental in enhancing the spiritual lives of many, and his uncompromising, unwavering faith in Almighty God has inspired all who have encountered him in life. As a result of all that had occurred in Reverend Urshan's life, he was extremely patriotic, having a tremendous love and respect for the stars and stripes and the freedoms that we enjoy in this country. He will be deeply mourned and ever loved by his wife, entire family and friends. There will be a visitation from 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., on Friday, October 23, 1998 in the chapel of Vista Verde Mortuary, 4310 Sara Road, Rio Rancho, NM. The Funeral service will be held Saturday at 2:00 p.m., October 24, 1998 at the Living Word Church, located on Golf Course Road. Reverend Nathaniel Urshan, nephew and General Superintendent of United Pentecostal Church International, will be officiating. Burial will follow at Vista Verde Memorial Park. Memorial contributions may be made to Tupelo Childrens Mansion, P.O. Box 167, Tupelo, MS 38802. Arrangements are being taken care of by Vista Verde Mortuary, 892-9920.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBuddy View Post

What an illegitimate question?

"Is God against..." is a dumb premise! If God be for us, who can be against us...

Please take this question to another forum without the intellect and perspectives this forum has!! ...No, go now!!

Hmm. Interesting take on the question.

Quote:
"Is God against..." is a dumb premise!
Is God against adultery? Is that a dumb question, too?

(No, I'm not against interracial marriage. Just trying to understand this post! The original question seemed legitimate, considering that some Apostolics are against it. Why not discuss it?)
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
I had a Pastor in Texas that was against a hispanic/"white" marriage. He claimed that at the tower of babel, God divided the races and that He/God does not approve of interracial marriage. I believe that Pentecost reversed babel, when christians are united in spirit by "speaking in tongues." I also showed him I Cor 7:39:

"The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord."

This issue has been a constant source of consternation in my own life. I can see both sides of the argument. What do "y'all" think? :sshhh
I've never understood the prejudiced views in the UPC.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 12-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

I find no Bible condemning interracial marriage but there are probelms culturally that couples in such a relationship can encounter and they would to take that into consideration before marriage.
Like any couple considering marriage prayer and knowing God's will concerning the union and not marrying outside the faith are the important factors.