Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Re: Why I am Now Convinced of a Pre-Trib Rapture

Trib already happened, happened when he said it would.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

Hey Bro Eastman, a while back you started a thread called "Why I Now Believe In The Annihilation Of The Wicked". How are you doing on that? Still holding fast?
Old 01-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
"Sean Convinced Me of a Pre-Tribulation Rapture......"

Said No One Ever!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I laughed out loud at that one!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

The arguments in the original post are incredibly weak. And I don't mean just biblically. They are a collection of red herrings and beggings of the question for the most.

One reason I never bought into secret rapturism is the lack of basic reasoning displayed in EVERY writing, book, article, sermon etc I've ever read or heard that purported to teach or prove a pretrib rapture.

It's pretty bad when these guys never even make qualification, let alone get out of the gate into any serious theological contest of ideas.

I really don't see how the article proves anything except that the author hasn't actually studied the subject. jmo

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Banned

Hey Mike, did I do okay? Hey Mike, did I do okay?...can I get back up on your lap master?...Ruf, Ruf, Ruf....
Old 01-19-2015, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Trib already happened, happened when he said it would.

Did men and women throughout the earth make an idol or image of a world political leader to worship (Rev. 13:11-19)? No.
Did men and women throughout the earth receive the mark of the beast on their right hand or forehead (Rev. 13:11-19)? No.
Were men and women throughout the earth forbidden to buy or sell goods unless they had the mark of the beast on their right hand or forehead (Rev. 13:11-19)? No.
Was one-fourth of the earth’s population killed (Rev. 6:7-8)? No.
Did every mountain and island move out of its place (Rev. 6:12-17)? No.
Did men and women throughout the earth hide in caves and mountains out of sheer fright (Rev. 6:12-17)? No.
Was another one-third of the earth’s population killed (Rev. 9:15-18)? No.
Was a third of the earth burned up (Rev. 8:7)? No.
Was a third of the earth’s green grass burned up (Rev. 8:7)? No.
Were a third of the earth’s trees burned up (Rev. 8:7)? No.
Did a third of the earth’s seas become blood (Rev. 8:8-9)? No.
Did a third of the earth’s sea creatures die (Rev. 8:8-9)? No.
Were a third of the world’s ships destroyed (Rev. 8:8-9)? No.
Did a third of the earth’s rivers and lakes become bitter, causing many men to die from these waters (Rev. 8:10-11)? No.
Was a third of the earth prevented from seeing the sun, moon, and stars (Rev. 8:12)? No.
Did two Jewish witnesses, having the power to shut up the sky and to smite the earth with every plague, prophesy in Jerusalem for three and a half years (Rev. 11:3-6)? No.
Did the Antichrist double-cross and destroy Apostate Christendom (the “Harlot”) (Rev. 17:15-18)? No.
Did the Antichrist subdue three of his ten heads of state (Rev. 7:24)? No.
Was the Antichrist’s Empire judged and destroyed in one hour, causing wailing and lament among the earth’s shipmasters and merchants (Rev. 18:9-20)? No.
Did the earth’s oceans turn to blood and every living thing in the seas die (Rev. 16:3)? No.
Did the earth’s fresh water supply turn to blood (Rev. 16:4-7)? No.
Did mankind find itself scorched with fierce heat, causing men and women throughout the earth to blaspheme God (Rev. 16:8-9)? No.
Did men and women throughout the Antichrist’s Empire gnaw their tongues and blaspheme God because of intense pain (Rev. 16:10-11)? No.
Did the Euphrates River dry up, enabling the kings and armies of the East to gather in northern Israel (Rev. 16:12-16)? No.
Did a world-wide earthquake take place during which all the cities of the nations fell (Rev. 16:18-19)? No.
Did the Antichrist’s Empire break into three parts and fall into the ocean, never to be found again (Rev. 16:19; 18:21)? No.
Did Jesus Christ return bodily to the earth to the Mount of Olives (Rev. 19:11-16; Acts 1:11)? No.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
[/U]

Did men and women throughout the earth make an idol or image of a world political leader to worship (Rev. 13:11-19)? No.
Did men and women throughout the earth receive the mark of the beast on their right hand or forehead (Rev. 13:11-19)? No.
Were men and women throughout the earth forbidden to buy or sell goods unless they had the mark of the beast on their right hand or forehead (Rev. 13:11-19)? No.
Was one-fourth of the earth’s population killed (Rev. 6:7-8)? No.
Did every mountain and island move out of its place (Rev. 6:12-17)? No.
Did men and women throughout the earth hide in caves and mountains out of sheer fright (Rev. 6:12-17)? No.
Was another one-third of the earth’s population killed (Rev. 9:15-18)? No.
Was a third of the earth burned up (Rev. 8:7)? No.
Was a third of the earth’s green grass burned up (Rev. 8:7)? No.
Were a third of the earth’s trees burned up (Rev. 8:7)? No.
Did a third of the earth’s seas become blood (Rev. 8:8-9)? No.
Did a third of the earth’s sea creatures die (Rev. 8:8-9)? No.
Were a third of the world’s ships destroyed (Rev. 8:8-9)? No.
Did a third of the earth’s rivers and lakes become bitter, causing many men to die from these waters (Rev. 8:10-11)? No.
Was a third of the earth prevented from seeing the sun, moon, and stars (Rev. 8:12)? No.
Did two Jewish witnesses, having the power to shut up the sky and to smite the earth with every plague, prophesy in Jerusalem for three and a half years (Rev. 11:3-6)? No.
Did the Antichrist double-cross and destroy Apostate Christendom (the “Harlot”) (Rev. 17:15-18)? No.
Did the Antichrist subdue three of his ten heads of state (Rev. 7:24)? No.
Was the Antichrist’s Empire judged and destroyed in one hour, causing wailing and lament among the earth’s shipmasters and merchants (Rev. 18:9-20)? No.
Did the earth’s oceans turn to blood and every living thing in the seas die (Rev. 16:3)? No.
Did the earth’s fresh water supply turn to blood (Rev. 16:4-7)? No.
Did mankind find itself scorched with fierce heat, causing men and women throughout the earth to blaspheme God (Rev. 16:8-9)? No.
Did men and women throughout the Antichrist’s Empire gnaw their tongues and blaspheme God because of intense pain (Rev. 16:10-11)? No.
Did the Euphrates River dry up, enabling the kings and armies of the East to gather in northern Israel (Rev. 16:12-16)? No.
Did a world-wide earthquake take place during which all the cities of the nations fell (Rev. 16:18-19)? No.
Did the Antichrist’s Empire break into three parts and fall into the ocean, never to be found again (Rev. 16:19; 18:21)? No.
Did Jesus Christ return bodily to the earth to the Mount of Olives (Rev. 19:11-16; Acts 1:11)? No.

YES TO ALL... in the sense these were SIGNS of what God was trying to say.

When are you going to get it? Your questions are like asking if Jesus ever turned into a lamb with seven eyes and horns yet. Rev 1:1 said the message of Revelation is in SIGNS. Like the Lamb.

(But we could say that a thousand times as Revelation has been read by billions, and people still won't listen to us any more than they accept rev 1:1 for what it says about SIGNS.)

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Banned

Oh yeah, I forgot(in the sense)...LOL
Old 01-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot(in the sense)...LOL
It's what Rev 1:1 said for goodness' sake! lol

SIGNIFIED, Sean. SIGNIFIED.

Oh, yeah, you believe Jesus is marrying a literal city.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Banned

Hey folks, the preterists have their own Bibles....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...14uu4chgNrfcrw

It starts out saying WE ARE NOT LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS!

Bummer....

Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in(or within) the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

The Last Days are over....bummer!

We must have gotten a different Holy Ghost than Joel was describing

in
in/Submit
preposition
expressing the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else.
"living in Deep River"
synonyms: inside, within, in the middle of; More
expressing motion with the result that something ends up within or surrounded by something else.
"don't put dye in the bathtub"
synonyms: into, inside
"he put a candy in his mouth"
expressing a period of time during which an event takes place or a situation remains the case.
"they met in 1885"

Last edited by Sean; 01-19-2015 at 10:07 PM.