Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:42 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Ever Been to the Grand Canyon?

Ever been to the Grand Canyon? Maybe you have had the opportunity to fly over it. I have done both and it literally took my breath away. A few other places I have been fortunate to see with my own eyes are Niagra Falls, the ocean off of British Columbia, and the island Of Maui. I can vividly remember walking besides Niagra Falls and looking over it, feeling the power it holds and the cold spray on my face. I can remember while traveling on a ferry from Vancouver to Victoria being amazed as I spotted my first Killer Whale and the size of it’s tail. On that trip, I went deep sea fishing a few days later, and I was terrified that I would see those whales again while on a much smaller ship and maybe I would become the story of Jonah Pt.2!!!!

On Maui, you can drive around the island to the 7 sacred pools and see a huge waterfall pour into a natural pool, and follow its path down many more pools as it empties into the ocean. You are surrounded by lush plants and high cliffs. I actually dove off of one into the water and it was amazing. I also went a few miles out to sea and went diving…the water was so clear and the different types of fish were too numerous to count. (btw, I lost my wedding ring on that trip, 4 days after being married, I was in TROUBLE!!!)

I’m reminded of our associate Pastor’s sermon when he spoke of his young boy on a family vacation to Niagra Falls. He said “Cool, look at this dad”, but he wasn’t looking at the Falls, He was fascinated by the sewer grate and the stream of sewer water he saw floating by…..

Imagine if I went to all of those wonderful, God created places and only noticed the small things. A pebble on the bottom of the Grand Canyon…1 grain of sand on the beach of Maui, a small fish instead of the gigantic whale???? But, that is not what sticks out in my mind, I remember the BIG picture, the vastness of the canyon, the HUGE tail of that whale as it slapped the water, the sun setting on the beach turning everything gold….

What are you focusing on? That small nagging situation in your life? That sin problem/addiction that seems to overtake you? That health condition that won’t go away, it has you scared and nervous? I say, that sometimes we cast our vision on the small picture….we need to look UP. We have that Heavenly Father who cares for us like a dad dotes over his children. That kids song states that God is bigger than all my problems…it is true, He is. Do me a favor….look up…

He said He would NEVER leave nor forsake you…He don’t lie
Old 01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Forever Loved Admin

All I can say is Amen!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-16-2008, 02:42 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Good words MonkeyMan. Good words in deed.

Too many times of late, ive found myself consumed with the pain in my back. Not looking beyond it.

If for no one else, your words here have spoken to me.

Thank you for listening to the Master, and transfering His thoughts.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Tahnk you. This is good.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

These thoughts came from the Lord in a vision 4 days ago. He took me in my mind back to all of these places and then brought me this thought, His power & blessings are greater than I can imagine. I am looking forward to this year to see what He is going to do with me....I'm looking UP!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I believe the Gospel of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
These thoughts came from the Lord in a vision 4 days ago. He took me in my mind back to all of these places and then brought me this thought, His power & blessings are greater than I can imagine. I am looking forward to this year to see what He is going to do with me....I'm looking UP!
Awsome thoughts Bro. MM, Keep dreaming, God wants your dreams to come true, that's why He gave them to you.

He wants to spoil His children.

I've been around the world more than once, and I've not seen anything as breathtaking as God's magnificant creation, the Grand Canyon.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Administrator

I have been to the Grand Canyon and Nigra Falls, both are spell binding.

Great thoughts MM.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

I have been to the Grand Canyon years ago, and we are going again in March. I can't wait! I have wanted to go back there for the last few years.

I lived in Niagara Falls. That is also very nice. It has changed a lot since I was a kid. You used to be able to walk right up to the Falls. Now you can only get to about 10 feet of it. It is really beautiful in the winter!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Jerry Moon

No prettier than the Paladuro Canyon... just bigger....
Old 01-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Live like it.

preach

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!