Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Random Jokery

Yeah... I know. Jokery is not a word. Or at least it wasn't a few minutes ago.

This is the thread for the random jokes that find their way through our heads from time to time. There are times I think of a joke but who wants to open a whole thread over one joke.

So... I'm going to share the joke going through my head now and you can use this thread when you want to share your own if you want to.

So...

There was guy explaining what a macho man he was. He said "Yeah... a while back I told my wife that if she didn't like it she could just leave. Man... I didn't see her for two weeks. And after about two weeks I could see her a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit out of my left eye."

Old 12-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Random Jokery

Yuckery is not a word either, but be my guest if anyone wants to use this nifty new word I just coined

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

How about I change the thread title to "The Jester's Court"?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 12-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Go Dodgers!

how about "Random Hooey"?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
How about I change the thread title to "The Jester's Court"?
Hey... all three words are actually words. It could just work.

Go for it.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
how about "Random Hooey"?
Hey... the hooey on AFF is anything but random.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Administrator

My Favorite Animal

Our teacher asked us what our favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken."
She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else in the class laughed.My parents told me to always be truthful and honest, and I am. Fried chicken is my favorite animal. I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA.
He said they love animals very much. I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was.
I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, just like she'd asked the other children. So I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken. She sent me back to the principal's office again. He laughed, and told me not to do it again. I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am. Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most.
I told her, "Colonel Sanders."Guess where I am now...
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

I'm sure everyone knows the answer to this question, but here goes!

Do you know why preachers eat so much chicken? Well it seems that since that rooster told off on Peter for denying the Lord we've been trying to eat them all up!

Okay..Random Hooey, Jokery, whatever! Now why did my spell checker show Jokery as being misspelled?

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 02-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

Even though they don't have the same punchline as a written joke, I keep thinking of some of the best practical jokes I've seen (and occasionally done) on others.

Best one I heard of:

During the late 80's a couple of Microsoft employees would go into their managers office and add a new layer of drywall and paint to one wall in his office, effectively shortening the room by about 6 inches. They did this every few weekends for a couple of months. The guy never noticed (or so he said) until the room had shrunk by several feet.

Another good one described (but am sure didn't REALLY happen):

Jim adds a few quarters to Dwight's phone every other day, and then removed them all one morning causing Dwight to hit himself in the face when answering.

One I did:

Add a small program to a co-workers computer which inserted random characters into whatever she was typing based only on how fast she typed. The faster she got, the more misspellings. When she backspaced to correct them, the characters appeared correctly. This was great fun!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Even though they don't have the same punchline as a written joke, I keep thinking of some of the best practical jokes I've seen (and occasionally done) on others.

Best one I heard of:

During the late 80's a couple of Microsoft employees would go into their managers office and add a new layer of drywall and paint to one wall in his office, effectively shortening the room by about 6 inches. They did this every few weekends for a couple of months. The guy never noticed (or so he said) until the room had shrunk by several feet.

Another good one described (but am sure didn't REALLY happen):

Jim adds a few quarters to Dwight's phone every other day, and then removed them all one morning causing Dwight to hit himself in the face when answering.

One I did:

Add a small program to a co-workers computer which inserted random characters into whatever she was typing based only on how fast she typed. The faster she got, the more misspellings. When she backspaced to correct them, the characters appeared correctly. This was great fun!
And you lived to tell it. Amazing!
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.