Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Jellybean!

Roxanne Murphy's Passing

For those that hadn't heard yet, Roxanne Murphy passed away from a pulmonary embolism this morning. A friend of her and her husband's has started a fundraiser which offers a bit of info about her family and passing.

I hope that we can be a blessing to this family and donate as you can as Roxanne has been one of our most memorable friends here at AFF. She will be greatly missed.

Memorial-Fundraiser in honor of Roxanne Murphy
Old 12-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Roxanne Murphy's Passing

Oh gosh. So sad.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Not riding the train

Wow, so sorry for her family. Goodness. Praying for all family and friends.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:58 PM
On the road less traveled

Unbelievable! So sad! Will be praying for her family and children. It is always such a shock to hear the passing of someone so young. Will miss her posting on here too.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Well, this is not what I expected to see when I logged on this evening. Wow.

Not sure what to say. She will be missed.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Administrator

I am traveling and first saw this on FB when I logged in a few minutes ago. I am in shock. Sean had earlier posted a request for urgent prayer from the hospital and I prayed but had no idea it was something like this. My heart aches for her wonderful young children that she loved so much and I know do not understand.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 12-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
For those that hadn't heard yet, Roxanne Murphy passed away from a pulmonary embolism this morning. A friend of her and her husband's has started a fundraiser which offers a bit of info about her family and passing.

I hope that we can be a blessing to this family and donate as you can as Roxanne has been one of our most memorable friends here at AFF. She will be greatly missed.

Memorial-Fundraiser in honor of Roxanne Murphy
Regarding the fundraiser Roxanne's employer is matching the donations up to $5000 so every dollar you contribute will be doubled. Sean and Roxanne have two young children without a mother now and I know the burden on Sean will be great. Like The Mrs. I hope that the AFF family will express our love and concern in a tangible way by contributing to this family in this terrible situation.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 12-12-2014, 01:30 PM
of 9!! :)

So very sorry to hear this sad news.
Praying for her family.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

So sorry to hear this. Roxanne holds a special place in my heart.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 12-12-2014, 06:01 PM
On the road less traveled

I guess this is a reminder to all of us just how precious every breath of life that we have is. The passing of someone with such young children just hurts my heart in a deep way. No one can ever replace a mother. No one. And so I guess it is for her children that I ache the most for, and will be in prayer for. Of course, her husband being left to keep the family together will be incredibly difficult too, and I pray that he has great family support, and friendships to get him through this difficult time.