Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Good man with a gun fires & misses!

Man shoots automatic rifle at Houstion airport.

The police captain told KHOU-TV that a federal air marshal shot at the man and missed. The man then shot himself with a pistol, the captain told KHOU-TV.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Good man with a gun fires & misses!

1 man, 1 gun...

Between 43-55 "million" households with guns in America. Wonder what they were doing with their guns today?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Go Dodgers!

I haven't seen any evidence yet it was an automatic

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I haven't seen any evidence yet it was an automatic
The point is not the automatic rifle but a sky marshal shot and missed.

The NRAs good man with a gun is the answer to a bad man who has a gun is bull.
What a joke and these nuts want teachers to have guns in a classroom??
How many children will die when a teacher panics and shoots the kids?
Old 05-02-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
The point is not the automatic rifle but a sky marshal shot and missed.

The NRAs good man with a gun is the answer to a bad man who has a gun is bull.
What a joke and these nuts want teachers to have guns in a classroom??
How many children will die when a teacher panics and shoots the kids?
Panics and shoots the kids? I've owned a handgun for 30+ years and have yet to 'panic and shoot a kid'.... Light, is your switch flipped?
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Forever Loved Admin

An air marshal shot at a man in a crowded airport? That's just stupid, the first thing to make sure of when you are firing a gun is, where is the round going. SMH
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
Panics and shoots the kids? I've owned a handgun for 30+ years and have yet to 'panic and shoot a kid'.... Light, is your switch flipped?
Is there something wrong with you??
Tell us what gunman did you put down?
How many gun fights have you been in?
Tell us what school did you stop the nut with a gun as he's shooting children?
Please tell us of this life and death situation you were in and you didn't panic!!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Is there something wrong with you??
Tell us what gunman did you put down?
How many gun fights have you been in?
Tell us what school did you stop the nut with a gun as he's shooting children?
Please tell us of this life and death situation you were in and you didn't panic!!
Pissy much?

The facts are that children get shot in schools because they are gun free zones and the poor good guys have to run toward the killers with nothing to defend themselves or the kids. A principle and at least two teachers died just that way in the recent elementary school shooting. They did not lack courage or strength or a strong protective instinct or common sense or physical agility... they lacked an equalizer in the form of a firearm. Do you realize that almost all mass shootings have been in gun free zones?

After the Luby's shooting in Waco in 1991 there was no doubt in my mind that a single person with a weapon could have made a difference. My husband's family is a law enforcement family and guns have always been part of my married life... Would I panic... I don't think so. I've never been in a shoot out but I've been around a lot of gunfire up close and personal. I grew up in the Compton area of Los Angeles, I've been in more than a couple of life or death situations. From other life experiences I can say with certainty that I'm not the panicky sort. In example, I took a fall 25 feet and totally shattered my right lower leg... My husband loves to tell the story of how I turned my own foot back to straight, cut off my own shoe with a pocket knife to inspect the bones poking out of it, and got it splinted and wrapped all while waiting for EMS. I have five boys, we've had an injury or three around here... no panic.

I carry my firearm daily. I have put 400 rounds through it in the last week and will put another couple hundred through it Saturday at a tactical range. If I need to use it I believe I will not hesitate... but all that aside... I'd take anyone with even minimal training with a gun to come to my defense if I were the person laying under a table at Luby's or hiding in a classroom closet waiting for some maniac to come shoot me in the head. Heck I'd take Cindy and she seems like the sweetest person ever... because in that situation if someone is going to blow my head off I'd rather have it be someone who did it by mistake while trying to save my life than someone who did it on purpose because of their own sick agenda.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
Pissy much?

The facts are that children get shot in schools because they are gun free zones and the poor good guys have to run toward the killers with nothing to defend themselves or the kids. A principle and at least two teachers died just that way in the recent elementary school shooting. They did not lack courage or strength or a strong protective instinct or common sense or physical agility... they lacked an equalizer in the form of a firearm. Do you realize that almost all mass shootings have been in gun free zones?

After the Luby's shooting in Waco in 1991 there was no doubt in my mind that a single person with a weapon could have made a difference. My husband's family is a law enforcement family and guns have always been part of my married life... Would I panic... I don't think so. I've never been in a shoot out but I've been around a lot of gunfire up close and personal. I grew up in the Compton area of Los Angeles, I've been in more than a couple of life or death situations. From other life experiences I can say with certainty that I'm not the panicky sort. In example, I took a fall 25 feet and totally shattered my right lower leg... My husband loves to tell the story of how I turned my own foot back to straight, cut off my own shoe with a pocket knife to inspect the bones poking out of it, and got it splinted and wrapped all while waiting for EMS. I have five boys, we've had an injury or three around here... no panic.

I carry my firearm daily. I have put 400 rounds through it in the last week and will put another couple hundred through it Saturday at a tactical range. If I need to use it I believe I will not hesitate... but all that aside... I'd take anyone with even minimal training with a gun to come to my defense if I were the person laying under a table at Luby's or hiding in a classroom closet waiting for some maniac to come shoot me in the head. Heck I'd take Cindy and she seems like the sweetest person ever... because in that situation if someone is going to blow my head off I'd rather have it be someone who did it by mistake while trying to save my life than someone who did it on purpose because of their own sick agenda.
Sister your from the LBC????? I went to the Compton swap-meet all the time back in the day when stationed in Long Beach in the really early 80's and 90's

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I went to Jack in the Box in Inglewood in August of 2005.