Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:52 AM
Registered Member

Something to consider.

While I sat in Sunday school,I thought about something.Do some people worship "The apostolic way"? What I mean is in your opinion do people worship the Shout,the Dance or the fact that they are Apostolic instead of worshiping God?DO you think that this is pleasing to God?Sorry I just had to ask.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Re: Something to consider.

I may have put it harshly.I'm sorry if I did .I don't know how else to pose the Question.My thought may just have been God showing something about me.Is it Possible to worship the Pentecostal experience,without worshiping God?
Old 12-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Renewed

Sure it is. I don't see the shout and dance as worship as much as it is a result of worship.

I don't shout and dance on my own as a form of worship, I shout and dance when my worship is returned to me in a move of the spirit that washes over me with love and happiness.

I dance when the spirit moves me, not to move the spirit.

Some dance to be seen...
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 12-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Sure it is. I don't see the shout and dance as worship as much as it is a result of worship.

I don't shout and dance on my own as a form of worship, I shout and dance when my worship is returned to me in a move of the spirit that washes over me with love and happiness.

Some dance to be seen...
Amen! Exactly, Scotty! That is the difference!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Some dance to be seen...
I believe this also.The thing that triggered this thought is a discussion We had in Sunday school ,it was about tounges .The conclusion was that in some camps ,There is a huge focus on tounges.Now I belive in speaking in tounges,however the pastor was concerned with the numbers of people that seem to recieve the tounges and have no tranformation of life.To clarify he is conserned that we are trying to teach people to speak in tounges.[ as tounges being the means to an end ] Or even more worrisome is that we in our zeal for numbers people are being told they have the Holy Ghost and have a false confidence that hte are saved.I know that there are people here that belive you don't have to speak in tounges to be saved ,I believe it is an essential part of the salvation experience. I don't want this to turn in to a tounges debate.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Renewed

The bible says they will be known by their fruits, they could be pressed into faking it by simply not understanding fully what it is. You can also have a problem not developing the spirit. We have a class for new converts that teaches what it is they have recieved and it teaches the reason behind baptism and fruits of the spirit and how to nurture and grow in your walk with God.

Its not enough just to evangalize, we must follow through in helping them along. The diciples did not start the churches of the new testament and then just leave them be.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
The bible says they will be known by their fruits, they could be pressed into faking it by simply not understanding fully what it is. You can also have a problem not developing the spirit. We have a class for new converts that teaches what it is they have recieved and it teaches the reason behind baptism and fruits of the spirit and how to nurture and grow in your walk with God.

Its not enough just to evangalize, we must follow through in helping them along. The diciples did not start the churches of the new testament and then just leave them be.
That is one thing We need .Even disipleship classes would be good,focusing on these things.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceniez View Post
That is one thing We need .Even disipleship classes would be good,focusing on these things.

Exactly !!

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Exactly !!
I think the Pastor is a little resistant to this aproach though.[ it was brought up before ]Although this is how I was introduced to the truth,and it is part of the Great comission sadly that is left out.