Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
tulsa 6

Old 02-06-2008, 04:33 AM
R.D. Foster

Re: 1> Did the Tulsa 6 have a right to start WPF ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyschwartz View Post
I've been "smoking" the rot being spewed out by the afore mentioned blind leaders of the blind and their blind followers, and have finally decided to speak out about it! Spiritual pride is insipid in all its various flavors, don't you think?
yes
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO WAHT EVER THEY WANT.

I applaud them for their courage and strength.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Minty

1) They were not happy with the UPC for various reasons so they had every right to move on to something else. It would have been better for every one involved if they would have done so with honor and integrity. A few respectable men dropped out of the UPC first.
2) They should not have used the UPC in anyway shape or form to advance the WPF. They should not have used UPC names and addresses. They should not have implored others to follow them. They should not have bashed the UPC. The district superintendents should have listen to Bro. Haney when he asked them not to attend Tulsa. When they directly went against their leader’s direction, they were being dishonorable and disrespectful. They held an office with the UPC and went to WPF against Bro. Haney’s request. Isn’t that rebellion? The WPF should consider this when they are assigning positions.
They should have dropped completely out of the UPC before pursuing the WPF. They should have resigned from all offices before hand. It was offensive to hold onto the UPC just incase. The UPC has served them well for many years. Didn’t the UPC deserve honor and respect?

IT’S NOT WHAT THEY DID!!! IT’S HOW THEY DID IT!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan'D View Post
There not trying to change someones way of thinking or views. WPF want like minded people.

Dan'D
Then they are already doomed. Their current leadership is not "like-minded".

This is a group of men with a very wide range of "standards".

If these issues are the basis of the formation of a new group, when the dust settles, these men are going to have a whole new set of problems.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
Then they are already doomed. Their current leadership is not "like-minded".

This is a group of men with a very wide range of "standards".

If these issues are the basis of the formation of a new group, when the dust settles, these men are going to have a whole new set of problems.
For one thing, what's up with allowing women preachers!? I predict that will be the first issue to result in the WWPF's first "Tulsa".
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
CaliG

Right on!! How about throwing out those 8 hour days on the golf course!! Heaven help us if they take away our golf game!! Would that be considered to be worldly amusement--entertainment? I think it just depends on who is deciding.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
A poster here sent an email to the info at wpf email address and asked about that. The response they got back from "info" was that they used the list that they had purchased for "another conference" for the Tulsa Summit as well.
Read the email again. It seems to imply that they bought an updated list every year for events, and used the same one over and over throughout the year. Whether you see it as right of wrong, is your viewpoint. I really could care less at this point what they did, because I see them as just another UPCI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfInterest View Post
This was a dialogue between myself and whoever answers their email (info@worldwidepf.com) at the WWPF.

I first emailed and asked the following:

"Do you think it is unethical to steal a mailing list from an organization you are planning to leave and use that mailing list to advertise for your new "fellowship"/organization?"

Their reply:

"it was not stolen.
Sincerely,
God Bless You"

My response:

"If that is true, why was my UPCI ministerial ID on it?"

Their 2nd reply:

"The list was bought and paid for from the UPC. They used to give them
away and now they sell them. I helped sponsor a meeting and we used
to get a new one every year.

In case you wondered, there are UPCI mailing lists ALL over this
nation. I know of literally hundreds of ministers that have
them...Sorry.
God Bless You,"

I sent this third reply I sent on the 15th of January. I have not received a reply. (not that I anticipate receiving one):

"If you read the guidelines to using such a list, it states that they are for a one time use and your district superintendent must sign his approval for the use. Did you have district superintendent approval to use this list? Have you used it more than once? Also, was this the first time you has used that list? How many times have you used this same list? Also, UPCI idnumbers are not supposed to be included on out of the building mailings. This is a clear example of unethical behavior unbecoming ministers of the gospel."

I know the UPCI is not perfect. I have plenty of complaints, but organizations/fellowships are made of people and people are not perfect, thus this new fellowship will have plenty of it's own problems. If they were truly starting this organization over the TV resolution, it would make them look pretty silly and inconsistent when most of them have web broadcasts. You cannot legislate every media source. If they have other complaints, they should start talking about them instead of creating new fellowships/organizations.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
They have a right to leave the UPC, but it can be said of the Tulsa 6, if it were not for bad ethics they would not have any ethics at all... They and those who went to Tulsa to support and follow them have been a hollow subculture for some time within the UPC. Hypocritical overweening blind leaders of the blind, who will soon fall into the proverbial ditch of their own devise.
Quote:
Thank you for the warning, but what are you talking about here, people or chopped liver? The topic is the Tulsa 6 who are "persons", so in discussing them it is hard not to get personal... Do you follow me?
Quote:
I've been "smoking" the rot being spewed out by the afore mentioned blind leaders of the blind and their blind followers, and have finally decided to speak out about it! Spiritual pride is insipid in all its various flavors, don't you think?

This is a warning. Please refrain from the attack on ministry. Namecalling is not allowed here at AFF. Deal with their wrong beliefs, or wrong doing.

The Admin Team
*AQuietPlace*
CC1
Esther
Hoovie
Prax
The Mrs
votivesoul

Take a moment to review the Forum Rules by clicking here.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
Read the email again. It seems to imply that they bought an updated list every year for events, and used the same one over and over throughout the year. Whether you see it as right of wrong, is your viewpoint. I really could care less at this point what they did, because I see them as just another UPCI.
The sheer volume of your posts on the topic, and the heat with which you have stated your position would seem to indicate otherwise.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
The sheer volume of your posts on the topic, and the heat with which you have stated your position would seem to indicate otherwise.
The only reason I have posted FOR the WPF is because there are so few that are here that defended them, and so many that post against them. I am not a memeber, nor do I believe I ever will be, a memeber of the WPF. I really don't see a major difference in them and the UPC. Not enough of one to matter anyway.